Pre-Game Talk: Wings in Ottawa, Saturday 7:00 pm on SportsNet1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
What way to make turris attractive for a trade than playing him with Dzingel and smith

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Too bad they confirmed that Karlsson ain't playing tonight! :(
That's okay. WE can watch harpur.

At this point i don't think I even want to see chabot up. I doubt they'll allow him play his game. Feels like there's this mind set that we have karlsson on one line everyone else needs to be playing simple hockey on all other pairs.

philb613

Feb 9, 2011
Ottawa
Going to be an empty building tonight unless there's a huge surge of tickets bought up in the next few hours, which is sad for the first Saturday game of the season

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
That's okay. WE can watch harpur.

At this point i don't think I even want to see chabot up. I doubt they'll allow him play his game. Feels like there's this mind set that we have karlsson on one line everyone else needs to be playing simple hockey on all other pairs.

Are you another one of these fans that does not understand the roles the RD & LD have in Boucher's system.

The RD retrieves the puck in their defensive zone, and initiates the breakout and transition to offense. The LD steps up and closes the lane (deliver a hit) on the opposing forward carrying the puck through the netraul zone, after being funneled over to that side by the back-checking forwards. Karlsson, Ceci & Wideman go and get the puck......Phaneaf, Odyua & Boro step up and block the entry attempt into their defensive zone............ Chabot's role is a "go get the puck and start the breakout" in Boucher's system .............. not the Step up and deliver that hard check to the forward with the puck.

Watch tonight's game, and watch the R&L Ds, it's pretty easy to see with your own eyes.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Are you another one of these fans that does not understand the roles the RD & LD have in Boucher's system.

The RD retrieves the puck in their defensive zone, and initiates the breakout and transition to offense. The LD steps up and closes the lane (deliver a hit) on the opposing forward carrying the puck through the netraul zone, after being funneled over to that side by the back-checking forwards. Karlsson, Ceci & Wideman go and get the puck......Phaneaf, Odyua & Boro step up and block the entry attempt into their defensive zone............ Chabot's role is a "go get the puck and start the breakout" in Boucher's system .............. not the Step up and deliver that hard check to the forward with the puck.

Watch tonight's game, and watch the R&L Ds, it's pretty easy to see with your own eyes.
COACHES system should fit the players. Not the other way around. Shouldn't be forcing chabot to move over to his offside

Shanny

Let's Win It All
Jun 12, 2009
Bytown
Going to be an empty building tonight unless there's a huge surge of tickets bought up in the next few hours, which is sad for the first Saturday game of the season
A lot of people have thanksgiving dinners this evening, there's also an important Redblacks game on as well this evening that a decent number of people will be tuning into instead.

Either way though, it still doesnt look good attendance wise.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
What way to make turris attractive for a trade than playing him with Dzingel and smith

Turris plays well with Dzingel I really dont mind these new lines they are better than the lines in the opener. First of all Pageau needs to play center needs to get his motor going. Hoffman against the other teams third pairs is a great fit.
Turris and Dzingel need Smiths size and strength.

Ryan Brassard Stone... Oh baby is that a real first line?

I was a little dissapointed that Chabot wasnt called up as I think his skillset replaces Oduya's better than Harpur. But Harpur gets the system better and has proven he can play his wrong side.

Whats the injury report on Oduya?

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

Yes we see it, but you have to adapt with your roster. Basically you propose that if Chabot cant play the right side to just never have him in the lineup? Oduya isnt physical or big and was playing the left side. Why cant Chabot?...

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I like those lines a lot.

Pageau's speed and grit helps Hoffman just as much as Turris' higher offensive game.

IMO this could be the year Hoffman cements himself as a star winger in the NHL.

I also really like that 4th line, say what you will.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Yeah, I don't mind the lines. MUCH better than last game. Hoffman and JGP had some chemistry last year.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
I'm scared to watch that fourth line play.
Why? All three good players. Not gonna score much, but pretty solid.

I love Pyatt. He's a player I think people forget when the season ends, but man is he ever effective along the boards.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Why? All three good players. Not gonna score much, but pretty solid.

I love Pyatt. He's a player I think people forget when the season ends, but man is he ever effective along the boards.
Pyatt is good when he's playing with better players. I liked the pyatt pageau Hoffmann last year.

But him with our two worst forwards? Shades of greening smith neil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad