GDT: Wings @ Devils - 1:00 PM - MSG+2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I can’t stand Merzlikins. Never thought he was good. I thought he overachieved his first two years.

He gives up some of the stupidest and most absurd softies to the East of Mikko Koskinen.

I’m quite ruthlessly enjoying my victory lap with his poor (but still not terrible with how low league average save percentage is this year) play this year.

Very fitting that he’s currently in the lead for my league high in stoppable goals this year, only by just one over Vejmelka and Grubauer. I would say Grubauer deserves it more for having a higher percentage of goals I’ve counted stoppable than those two, but I still think Grubauer will just miss out on the stoppable goal Vezina. It’s gotta go to Koskinen based on number of games played, Devils goalies shouldn’t qualify because nobody even will have played 25 games, but Blackwood, Daws and Gillies all have a higher percentage of goals stoppable than Koskinen. Hammond does not when you include his Montreal games.

If games played didn’t play a factor, Carey Price or Harri Sateri would be the front runners for the stoppable goal Vezina right now, with like 50% of their goals stoppable, but it’s too small a sample size.

Looks like the stoppable goal Jennings is a battle between Merzlikins, Vejmelka and Grubauer. It was Grubauer in a race with no one for all but the last month or 6 weeks of the season, but Columbus has played Merzlikins all but one game since Korpisalo got shut down almost two months ago.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
are you saying Pete Best was a better drummer than Ringo?
It’s a joke attributed to John but it was actually said by a minor British comedian. The premise was Paul was the better drummer since he overdubbed a few parts.

fun fact .... ringo is a lefty and plays backwards. learned to write right as a child

similar to tua (dolphins qb). dad made him learn to throw left born a righty

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
I'm not at all excited to see Blackwood for 2 of the last 3 games. I'm way over him.

You hear that @Zachas Final Third? Good enough for you? Party at your place? Just you and me I guess?;):cool::DD

And the broadcast pumps it up like we were getting Jack Hughes back.

Yes, one of the biggest underperformers of the year comes back for 2 of the last 3 games of the season. Big whoop.
Lol, I'll take it.

But speaking of the broadcast, at which point do we get a Dano must go movement going? The guy is nothing more than an annoying schill at this point.

I warmed up to him for a bit because you could see his progress as a color commentator, but that hit a wall and the rest of what he has to say is ridiculous.

I'd give anything to have Shelly in that booth right about now.

I never want to hear something along the lines of this again: ye ye ye just can't cang, but I see where he was going with it. You know, he could've thought there was an opening between the 7 guys in front of the goalie, and you never know, you could get a bounce! But ya gotta try cang, that's what I'm saying. And that's all these young guys are trying to do. And let me tell you, the bounces may not be going their way but my oh my do they look strong on the puck tonight.

Last edited:

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Dano will be a lot of fun when the team is good. You can hear frustration in his voice because he's like us, he's super ready to cheer for a winner again. But he's keeping it together as a pro who knows he's inherently an emotional guy. If he went into negative territory, he might not be at his best.

I always felt Chico did a good job balancing criticism and support, maybe because he had some distance from the game and is more of a joker. Dano's still like a player, he's a sincere guy who's not going to drag teammates in public.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Dano will be a lot of fun when the team is good. You can hear frustration in his voice because he's like us, he's super ready to cheer for a winner again. But he's keeping it together as a pro who knows he's inherently an emotional guy. If he went into negative territory, he might not be at his best.

I always felt Chico did a good job balancing criticism and support, maybe because he had some distance from the game and is more of a joker. Dano's still like a player, he's a sincere guy who's not going to drag teammates in public.
That and Chico actually had time with more than one organization while Dano is a total lifer

Reactions: Oneiro

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Lol, I'll take it.

But speaking of the broadcast, at which point do we get a Dano must go movement going? The guy is nothing more than an annoying schill at this point.

I warmed up to him for a bit because you could see his progress as a color commentator, but that hit a wall and the rest of what he has to say is ridiculous.

I'd give anything to have Shelly in that booth right about now.

I never want to hear something along the lines of this again: ye ye ye just can't cang, but I see where he was going with it. You know, he could've thought there was an opening between the 7 guys in front of the goalie, and you never know, you could get a bounce! But ya gotta try cang, that's what I'm saying. And that's all these young guys are trying to do. And let me tell you, the bounces may not be going their way but my oh my do they look strong on the puck tonight.
He's supposed to be selling the product. With this product, ugh. It's not easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad