GDT: Wings-Canucks (2/11)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
It just seems like weird timing in this case with the ability of "anyone" on the ice to take the shot.
Exactly. If the situation were reversed and Hughes would've been one of the guys skating towards the bench, would the refs have disallowed him from taking the shot? I doubt it. He would've been still on the ice by a longshot

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
Stupid question I may have asked before - if you attempt to clear from your own zone and it flies out of play IN the offensive zone, is it still delay of game?

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
Exactly. If the situation were reversed and Hughes would've been one of the guys skating towards the bench, would the refs have disallowed him from taking the shot? I doubt it. He would've been still on the ice by a longshot
I think giving a guy a back injury with a reckless penalty on a breakaway kind of takes away from our high ground on complaining about how they chose the guy to take it. Like, they could choose their best guy off the bench to take it and I wouldn't feel like I had a place to argue.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Stupid question I may have asked before - if you attempt to clear from your own zone and it flies out of play IN the offensive zone, is it still delay of game?
Yes. That actually happened in the NHL one time.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
I think giving a guy a back injury with a reckless penalty on a breakaway kind of takes away from our high ground on complaining about how they chose the guy to take it. Like, they could choose their best guy off the bench to take it and I wouldn't feel like I had a place to argue.
It was a stupid play by Hronek for sure but I don't agree that justifies making a nonsensical ruling on who can take it.

Get your head in the game Mo

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
What a play again, these cross ice passes these last couple have been awesome. Johnny Burgers baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad