GDT: Wings at Sens Redux

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
As it turns out, passenger hockey isn't much fun to watch. Here's to hoping Detroit hops in the driver's seat for this one.

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
Catch 22 need to play more physical but if we do that the refs will call more penalties..

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Catch 22 need to play more physical but if we do that the refs will call more penalties..
The team that dictates the pace of play is also typically the one who enjoys more power plays. So if Detroit is making crisp passes and cycling aggressively, rather than playing catch-up to Ottawa doing those things, they should be fine.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008

I counted 4-5 charging penalties that could have been called against Ottawa and not one was called, it wasn't pretty.

4-3 Detroit win, Walman with 2 goals.

Leibinger6

Jul 26, 2018
1677593684569.png

Who cares about playoffs anymore? That was never in Stevie’s blueprint. So many of his actions (or lack thereof) have indicated he feels it’s better for the longevity of the organization to sell at this deadline than make the playoffs.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
Wrong. Refs will call how many penalties they think are needed to make the game exciting, and how we play won't influence that. So we might as well play hard and make the Sens hurt a bit, so at least what they call will be deserved this time.

View attachment 658993
Who cares about playoffs anymore? That was never in Stevie’s blueprint. So many of his actions (or lack thereof) have indicated he feels it’s better for the longevity of the organization to sell at this deadline than make the playoffs.
Taking account how the season has gone so far, we could realistically swap out Bert for Vrana and have it potentially be nothing but an upgrade.

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
Ok Wings, Tkachuk took your lunch money yesterday, and in a similar to playoff fashion, you get him again tonight.

What are you going to do?

The answer can't be, let him to it again.

Reactions: Air Budd Dwyer

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
This team has some things to answer for after laying down last night. Better show some resolve. Better not be whining about officiating today.

GreatGordie9

May 11, 2019
Victoria, BC
This team has some things to answer for after laying down last night. Better show some resolve. Better not be whining about officiating today.
Wings keys tonight 1. Great goaltending 2. cut down on penalties 3. better defensive coverage 4. more physical 5. better officiating.

jaster

Jun 8, 2007
Just loose this one, so Yzerman start to unload some players
Today at least, I think there are 3 groups of fans on this forum:

1. Want them to 'loose' and get draft picks and better draft position
  2. Want them to win, they're doing great, no problems, no notes
  3. Want them to win, but last night was a problem and change (in effort/grit) is certainly needed

Reactions: dalem177

Leibinger6

Jul 26, 2018
Taking account how the season has gone so far, we could realistically swap out Bert for Vrana and have it potentially be nothing but an upgrade.

Funny you say this, as most of this sub agrees with Lalonde in that Vrana isn’t even our 8th best winger. Lmao.

Yet he’s going to be an upgrade over Bert on the first line? Hahaha.

By the way, I agree with you.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Want them to win, they're doing great, no problems, no notes

You could probably just tag LHSgolf to make it easier on yourself.

Want them to win, but last night was a problem and change (in effort/grit) is certainly needed

This could also include the group that hopes they continue to play well but realize that the market has been a seller's market and if there is little traction between sides, that a win and a Bertuzzi trade, among others, before Friday might be the best possible outcome.

The majority of people want to see them make it to the next level, but at this stage the next level is only a learning experience for the young players and a taste of what they have been missing. The actual odds of making noise at this point are hoping you might catch Boston napping for one game in a wild card series.

Air Budd Dwyer

Feb 11, 2012
Detroit
Today at least, I think there are 3 groups of fans on this forum:

1. Want them to 'loose' and get draft picks and better draft position
  2. Want them to win, they're doing great, no problems, no notes
  3. Want them to win, but last night was a problem and change (in effort/grit) is certainly needed
“Loose” lol. Somewhere between 1 and 3. I’m all for trading Bertuzzi but want wins for my own selfish reasons as a fan of the team. But also don’t want to make the playoffs as a wildcard just to get swept in the first round. Also, don’t want to be abysmally bad but still want the top 5 picks because nothing is worse than being like Calgary or Minnesota all those years just stuck in purgatory with no high end talent as a mid franchise.

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
Being in that franchise purgatory is scary.

I don't act like I know the perfect plan. Would love to see the Wings make the playoffs. But gathering more draft capital in this upcoming draft certainly has it appeal as well.

Just ride the wave I guess.

jaster

Jun 8, 2007
This could also include the group that hopes they continue to play well but realize that the market has been a seller's market and if there is little traction between sides, that a win and a Bertuzzi trade, among others, before Friday might be the best possible outcome.

The majority of people want to see them make it to the next level, but at this stage the next level is only a learning experience for the young players and a taste of what they have been missing. The actual odds of making noise at this point are hoping you might catch Boston napping for one game in a wild card series.
Agree on all accounts. The benefit of making the playoffs at this stage is simply for most of the team to gain valuable playoff experience. I hope it happens.
Being a seller's market makes it especially difficult to not trade Bertuzzi if they can actually get that 1st+ for him. I was leaning towards holding on to him a week ago, but things have changed you could say.

“Loose” lol. Somewhere between 1 and 3. I’m all for trading Bertuzzi but want wins for my own selfish reasons as a fan of the team. But also don’t want to make the playoffs as a wildcard just to get swept in the first round. Also, don’t want to be abysmally bad but still want the top 5 picks because nothing is worse than being like Calgary or Minnesota all those years just stuck in purgatory with no high end talent as a mid franchise.
Since we're not in the running for a top-3 or-5 or whatever pick, I don't get not wanting to make the playoffs. That would be such a huge experience for the young guys (most of the team). I'd argue it's necessary experience for a team that wants to keep getting better and eventually be a contender. Get to the playoffs ASAP I'd say.

Last edited:
Reactions: dalem177
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad