Pre-Game Talk: Wings at Sens - Monday 7:30 pm at the CTC - When Swedes Collide (Part Deux) TSN5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
This team seems to defy the odds when an important player is injured.

So we will probably win tomorrow.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
I thought it looked like a shoulder too. They did not specify in the article I read.

Last game they were going on about how his wrist looked sensitive and how he fell on his wrist.

It's probably a sprained wrist. Day to day.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
I am reallllly starting to hate the Wings.

Without Turris......I dunno. Going to be a tough one.

I like the wings. I have a handful of wings fan friends so there's a rivalry brewing, but they're a lot more intelligent and classy compared to habs or leaf fans so its always fun.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I like the wings. I have a handful of wings fan friends so there's a rivalry brewing, but they're a lot more intelligent and classy compared to habs or leaf fans so its always fun.

The stupidity on the main boards after the last two games has soured me on those fans a fair bit. Heaven forbid you criticize Saint Zetterberg, while Stone is evil incarnate. :shakehead

Although, my dad is an old school (as in, original six era) Detroit/Montreal fan, so....ya know....can't hate too much on that team.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
The stupidity on the main boards after the last two games has soured me on those fans a fair bit. Heaven forbid you criticize Saint Zetterberg, while Stone is evil incarnate. :shakehead

Although, my dad is an old school (as in, original six era) Detroit/Montreal fan, so....ya know....can't hate too much on that team.

I never use HF to determine how I like a fan base. Too many idiots on here. I only think of the fans I know/have met in person. Or else I would hate every fan base with a passion and it would prevent me from enjoying anything in life. lol

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
This is what should happen. Although I might switch Stone and Ryan.

Can't believe Cameron might put Lazar on the first line again. Dumb.

Lazar deserves to be 1C......in Bingo ;)

Why not bring up Eric O'Dell who is leading Baby Sens?

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
This is what should happen. Although I might switch Stone and Ryan.

Can't believe Cameron might put Lazar on the first line again. Dumb.

Totally agree. Lazar doesn't deserve to be on the top 6 at all, nevermind him centering the 1rst line. I could understand giving Pageau the ''first line'' C, since he's our best faceoff guy after Turris and Zibby is very average at the dot and you want to keep Zibby with Ryan who've been playing well on the 2nd line lately. Lazar has not only not done anything to deserve getting a shot there but the fact that he has no experience taking faceoffs compared to Pageau should be an easy decision for Cameron. Puck possesion is a key factor, against Detroit especially, and having Lazar on the 1rst line would kill us.

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
Totally agree. Lazar doesn't deserve to be on the top 6 at all, nevermind him centering the 1rst line. I could understand giving Pageau the ''first line'' C, since he's our best faceoff guy after Turris and Zibby is very average at the dot and you want to keep Zibby with Ryan who've been playing well on the 2nd line lately. Lazar has not only not done anything to deserve getting a shot there but the fact that he has no experience taking faceoffs compared to Pageau should be an easy decision for Cameron. Puck possesion is a key factor, against Detroit especially, and having Lazar on the 1rst line would kill us.

Not sure a marginally better FOW% makes JGP a candidate for top line play.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009

No, but being able to skate with the puck, being able to make plays and score goals do. Obviously not normally speaking, but for a game as an injury replacement.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

When the options are Smith, Lazar and Pageau, you go with the lesser of the three evils (assuming we don't want to mess with the second line)

On another note, I'd like to see Prince in the linup over Smith again (isn't it his b-day afterall). Prince-Lazar-Neil isn't all that bad, and although Lazar needs to be better at the dot, I think that group will be better at driving possession, and will certainly take fewer needless penalties.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
When the options are Smith, Lazar and Pageau, you go with the lesser of the three evils (assuming we don't want to mess with the second line)

On another note, I'd like to see Prince in the linup over Smith again (isn't it his b-day afterall). Prince-Lazar-Neil isn't all that bad, and although Lazar needs to be better at the dot, I think that group will be better at driving possession, and will certainly take fewer needless penalties.
What about Neil taking a seat? TBH i think he is do

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
What about Neil taking a seat? TBH i think he is do

I'd be all for that, I just don't think it's realistic to believe that we'd scratch a 'A' particularly when he's actually been far better than previous years imo. Smith has taken poor penalties which is hard to stomach from a line that's supposed to give you energy.

I'm still a little surprised he didn't get suspended for the hit on Stepan, not that I really believe it was warranted as I don't think it was targetted or particularly violent, rather just a very poorly aimed hit.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
It makes sense against DET. Who's their "tough" guy? Abdelkader? Eriksson?
It,s made sense for awhile ,he just doesnt have the speed .After all we have guys like Boro and Cowen that can handle those duties should the need arise.

Puemple/Prince Smith /Lazar Chia

Gives more skill,and a bit more speed on that 4th line

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I'd be all for that, I just don't think it's realistic to believe that we'd scratch a 'A' particularly when he's actually been far better than previous years imo. Smith has taken poor penalties which is hard to stomach from a line that's supposed to give you energy.

I'm still a little surprised he didn't get suspended for the hit on Stepan, not that I really believe it was warranted as I don't think it was targetted or particularly violent, rather just a very poorly aimed hit.
Yeah the optics probably wouldnt look to good,but they did bench Phillips .So maybe??

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Id also like to see Prince get back in the lineup but its not gonna happen. The wings are probably the team that the sens need Neil against the least, he would be the right choice as a healthy scratch but again thats not gonna happen.

I think Neil has played well this season however Detroit has no one that fights and is a very strong possession team.

Id like to see these lines.

Michalek Turris Stone
Hoffman Zibanejad Ryan
Prince Pageau Lazar
Puemple Smith Chiasson

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Id also like to see Prince get back in the lineup but its not gonna happen. The wings are probably the team that the sens need Neil against the least, he would be the right choice as a healthy scratch but again thats not gonna happen.

I think Neil has played well this season however Detroit has no one that fights and is a very strong possession team.

Id like to see these lines.

Michalek Turris Stone
Hoffman Zibanejad Ryan
Prince Pageau Lazar
Puemple Smith Chiasson

Det has not been a strong possession team this year, though that may be due to Datsyuk missing so much time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad