GDT: Wings at Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Not me.

Go Leafs Go!
The Eleventh Commandment: Thou shalt not supporteth The Maple Leafs.
get-out-leave.gif

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Lol

My wife is a Leafs fan, so gotta pull for them on her behalf.

I also really like Marner and Matthews as players, so I don't mind pulling for them.

• Wow
Reactions: Realgud

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
I'm going to be awfully confused when 7:00 rolls around and it turns out we're not playing the Leafs.

I also hate that I feel compelled to watch since it's the last game. This will probably be as brutal as the last few

Reactions: lilidk

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
Being a TV hockey fan is interesting.

I understand the legacy hatred of the Avs. Not really much to it nowadays of course, but I "was there" and loved the rivalry. You were never going to get a "passengers" game on either side, and of course, hating a team full of as much skill as your own legitimizes it even more.

I hate the Bruins for my own reasons. Part of it being due to the fact that I grew up in SW Connecticut as a Yankees fan when everyone else in the house was a Red Sox fan. Part of it because... Bruins.

The Pens... I went through about 5 years or so where I watched almost zero hockey unless I went to a Wild or Gophers game in St. Paul. I was working nights and didn't have any DVR setup, so unless it was a night off and I wasn't gaming with my buddies AND the Wild were playing the Wings or someone else I cared about, no hockey. Playoffs via Gamecenter screen refreshes just isn't that exciting. Somewhere in those Dark Years was when the Pens-Wings thing started, I guess, but I missed it. I don't really care about the Pens.

Toronto... I guess it's a "their fans suck so etc.". I've never met a Leafs fan that I know of, don't spend time in any of their circles, and really don't think about them until someone else mentions them.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
I have no genuine quarrel with the Laughs. No sleep will be lost if they win a series or The Cup but it is fun to call them Laughs and it just feels right when they lose.

Obnoxious fans and media play a roll.

All of my Wings betting so win or lose is a moot point. Just want to see a good game.

Feeling good about next season.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Detroit wins 5-3 in a game where Tampa Bay coasts.

The standings stay as is and Detroit picks 41st, 42nd and 43rd in the second round.

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
"66 million years ago, paleontologists say that the giant pterodactyl Quetzalcoatlus northropi with its 35 foot wingspan regularly flew over the young Atlantic Ocean. Well, tonight our Red Wings will have completed their 82 game journey across the NHL's Atlantic Division, alighting tonight in Tampa to see if they can create some hope that their next hoisting of the Stanley Cup takes place somewhat sooner than 66 million years from now." - Plausible Keats

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
No pre-game again? Last game for 6 months and they run this interview for the 3rd time and I don't get to see the boys hee-hawing it up?

Bah!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad