GDT: Wings at Leafs: April 2 | 7 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Welcome home to the human eraser Luke Schenn.

(Bonus Finger sighting at end of video)

Detroit Red Wings (33-33-9, 75 points) vs. Toronto Maple Leafs (45-20-10, 100 points)​

When: 7 p.m. Sunday.

Where: Scotiabank Arena in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

TV: Sportsnet Ontario (also-Bally Sports Detroit.)

Radio:Fan 590 (also 97.1 FM (Red Wings radio)

Game notes: The Leafs have clinched a playoff spot, and are in prime position to host a first-round playoff matchup vs. Tampa Bay. The Red Wings are lottery bound for the seventh straight season.

The teams match up Sunday for the fourth time this season. The Maple Leafs won the last matchup 4-2.

David Perron has seven points (four goals) in the past five games for the Wings. Auston Matthews has eighth points (five goals) in the past five games for the Leafs.

INJURIES: Maple Leafs: Victor Mete: out (lower body), Erik Gustafsson: day to day (personal), Nicholas Robertson: out for season (shoulder), Noel Acciari: day to day (undisclosed), Ryan O'Reilly: out (finger), Bobby McMann: out (knee), Jake Muzzin: out for season (spine).

Red Wings: Filip Zadina: day to day (lower body), Michael Rasmussen: out (lower body), Mark Pysyk: out (achilles), Ville Husso: day to day (lower body), Robby Fabbri: out for season (lower body).

More:Detroit Red Wings recall 2022 first-round pick Marco Kasper; he joins them on trip

Last edited:

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Going to be some ugly lines tonight... any guesses?

Kerfoot - Matthews - Jarnkrok
Bunting - Tavares - Nylander
ZAR - Kampf - Lafferty
Big Z - Abruzzesse - Simmonds

Rielly - Schenn
Brodie - Holl
Timmins - Liljegren

maybe?

Reactions: crump

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Good to see players getting rest. Detroit is a lottery team just play the Marlies and extras.

Timmins in is good, he deserves some time if we are going to need him for depth.
Going to be some ugly lines tonight... any guesses?

Kerfoot - Matthews - Jarnkrok
Bunting - Tavares - Nylander
ZAR - Kampf - Lafferty
Big Z - Abruzzesse - Simmonds

Rielly - Schenn
Brodie - Holl
Timmins - Liljegren

maybe?
looks about right.

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
I am assuming 95% of our team has bumps and bruises
Fair, but I think we shouldn't log our top guy 22+ if he's dealing with small things. Spread the extra ice around, these games don't mean much

Though I'm assuming Keefe is going to play the rest game the rest of the way which is a good choice. Hopefully we give someone like JT a game or two soon!

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
11-7 again ?

Looks like 12-6 but not going to be pretty for the bottom 6

Fair, but I think we shouldn't log our top guy 22+ if he's dealing with small things. Spread the extra ice around, these games don't mean much

Though I'm assuming Keefe is going to play the rest game the rest of the way which is a good choice. Hopefully we give someone like JT a game or two soon!

Ya, I don't know the best solution, but I am assuming we put millions into people who know what to do, I trust that we are going to try to have our players peak at the right time. If they plan on running Marner/Matthews 22+ a night in the playoffs, maybe they want to start ramping up to that, then give them a few nights of less work right before playoffs, not sure the best way to do it, but I am sure they have the resources to figure it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad