Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
6th win in a row coming
1676658702803.png

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Seattle has been kind of cold lately. 3-4-1 in their last 8. Just had a big win against Philly last night.

Their team has a lot of offensive depth and in a lot of ways looks similar to Detroit by rolling 3 solid lines that can score with none of them really being THE top scoring line. Seattle doesn't have a guy as good as Larkin, but Beniers is going to be pretty close. They are also a very fast team so I'd give them a slight edge over Detroit here.

I think the defense is also pretty close but I would give Detroit a razor-thin advantage mostly because of Seider.

Walman-Seider
Maatta-Hronek
Chiarot-Lindstrom/Oesterle/whoever

vs.

Dunn-Larson (who looks like a legit top pair defender FINALLY.)
Oleksiak-Borgen
Soucy-Schultz

The biggest advantage Detroit has in this matchup is goaltending. Grubauer and Jones are dog dirt compared to Husso.

I think it's going to be a really entertaining game. Detroit wins this one 5-3, Ras with an ENG.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Seattle has been kind of cold lately. 3-4-1 in their last 8. Just had a big win against Philly last night.

Their team has a lot of offensive depth and in a lot of ways looks similar to Detroit by rolling 3 solid lines that can score with none of them really being THE top scoring line. Seattle doesn't have a guy as good as Larkin, but Beniers is going to be pretty close. They are also a very fast team so I'd give them a slight edge over Detroit here.

I think the defense is also pretty close but I would give Detroit a razor-thin advantage mostly because of Seider.

Walman-Seider
Maatta-Hronek
Chiarot-Lindstrom/Oesterle/whoever

vs.

Dunn-Larson (who looks like a legit top pair defender FINALLY.)
Oleksiak-Borgen
Soucy-Schultz

The biggest advantage Detroit has in this matchup is goaltending. Grubauer and Jones are dog dirt compared to Husso.

I think it's going to be a really entertaining game. Detroit wins this one 5-3, Ras with an ENG.
Much like last season Seattle still has the propensity to give up 3 on 2 situation as the forwards get caught when they screw up the transition game. Neutral zone play will be the key to winning this game, especially moving the puck quickly if they turn it over trying to enter the zone. Unfortunately, I think the top line will be the only one that can actually take advantage of this deficiency. I don't think Copp and Raz see up the ice well enough. Maybe if Fester plays Vrana on Joey's line, that could work as well.

Both goalies are worse than Hellberg. When Hellberg makes a mistake, he recovers. Gruby and Jones.... not so much. Got to get into their heads early.

I said it earlier in the week, Seattle is a team that wins by outscoring their mistakes. I've watched games where the Kraken have 2:1 advantage in possession time yet lose by 2 or 3 goals. Taking advantage of neutral zone turnovers is an absolute must.

The team skates well, and everyone can score. Only Borgen and Soucy have less goals than Copp. Chiarot will suck because this is the type of team he has issues with. Hope that 3rd pair gets less than 10 minutes, lol.

I'm gonna wear my Wings jersey to a bar tomorrow night just to be a dick, because that's what I do, lol. I live 90 miles north of Seattle.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
My main concerns are:

1. It's a third game in four nights (and fourth in six). The boys might be a bit tired.
2. We tend to lose games everyone expects us to win. I do hope they will focus on continuing the streak and set their minds on victory.

I want to see Vrana.
Agreed I would put in Vrana as well.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Wonder why the called up Vrana and haven't played him? If it is because we are winning right now I get it, but then why call him up instead of someone else?

My main concerns are:

1. It's a third game in four nights (and fourth in six). The boys might be a bit tired.
2. We tend to lose games everyone expects us to win. I do hope they will focus on continuing the streak and set their minds on victory.

I want to see Vrana.

Yes, this. Ottawa should be 2 wins upcoming, so I am almost expecting 2 losses instead. We have had this issue for the past 3 or 4 seasons with teams we should beat. Though Seattle to me is a team based on their position in the standings that should be beating us, though I have been expecting them to fall all year and feel they have overachieved because Colorado were hurt and started bad, Edmonton is all over the map and Calgary which should be a playoff team is in the midst of crapping the bed.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I f***ing hate superstitious dumbasses
I don't disagree about superstition being a really dumb justification. But assuming it's known that this coach won't rock the boat during a winning streak, then why not just wait until there's a home stand to bring him up at all?

Unless the player begged to just be part of the team camaraderie on the road trip, I don't see the point in packing a suitcase to just watch the games.

Reactions: SoupNazi

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
Win tonight would obviously be huge. I think we are going to get quite a bit of help from the other 5 possibly losing today.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
So Vrana can't possibly slot in for anyone without irreparably harming the Wings chances of winning a game ever again?

Horse. Shit.
I want to see vrana as much as anyone because I certainly think he could really elevate this group, but from the past few games who has played bad to change the lineup or who should be out? I thought vrana was going to be in for sunny on Thursday as I didn’t think sunny would go B2B but it’s just really hard to pull any of the 4 at this moment

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Where do you slide him in? He's not a 4th Line guy... None of the current top 9 without Raymond deserve to be bumped out their spot.
Why does it have to be a deserve? Kubalik got scratched for Zadina. Either or Sunny can get scratched for Vrana. Zadina isn't a 4th line guy and that's where he is. Let Pius center two Czech gunners.

Reactions: 13to40

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal
Why does it have to be a deserve? Kubalik got scratched for Zadina. Either or Sunny can get scratched for Vrana. Zadina isn't a 4th line guy and that's where he is. Let Pius center two Czech gunners.
Vrana is exactly what the doctor ordered for team. Doesn’t matter which line he gets slotted onto. Sit Sunny for him and get it over with already

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad