Maatta - Hronek
Chia - Who cares?

Please use these lines.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
I love that games that are aired on ESPN are not available on ESPN+. Should really call it ESPN-

My favorite part is that you can see a thumbnail, click on it, and then watch the spinnie thing spin and then die with a "cannot connect". Instead of a more informative "you can't get there from here, sonny".

Such a garbage UI.

Reactions: raymond23

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
My favorite part is that you can see a thumbnail, click on it, and then watch the spinnie thing spin and then die with a "cannot connect". Instead of a more informative "you can't get there from here, sonny".

Such a garbage UI.
I haven't had a single issue with ESPN+. I use it to watch every Red Wings game (Florida Life). I Cast it to my TV without issues. I'll watch it on my laptop at the bar with friends.

I use NordVPN to watch the Lightning games and stream those to our TV as well.

I have lots of complaints about ESPN, but ESPN+ has been a Godsend.

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
I haven't had a single issue with ESPN+. I use it to watch every Red Wings game (Florida Life). I Cast it to my TV without issues. I'll watch it on my laptop at the bar with friends.

I don't VPN or pegleg so I don't get any games that aren't on ESPN+. Games on ESPN only are NOT on ESPN+. Which is fine most nights. I'd like to see tonight's because there's a chance the Wings might actually dominate the game, but I can live with reading this thread and watching highlights or the game tomorrow if it shows up on ESPN+ after the fact.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005

To be fair, espn+ has been great if the game is being aired on it. It's the dumb exclusive broadcasts that the NHL allows that bother me. If espn+ is supposed to be the streaming service for NHL games make sure every NHL game is available. You own the rights. Don't f***ing give them up.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
I hope our recent acquisition, Timo Meier, has a good game for us tonight!
See you can't play around like that. Because then I'll go on a deep search and wonder why I can't find it, then game time comes and he isn't being talked about and then I feel ashamed to have believed in a cold-blooded fib like this.

Terrible.

*as I start scouring the internet for the press release*

MabusIncarnate

May 20, 2013
Tennessee
ESPN has been an amazing value compared to what was NHL Center Ice, I just do the package with Hulu and Disney and use them all frequently. Its time for blackout garbage to end.

Hope the boys show up tonight, Bertuzzi needs a big night. LGW!

Reactions: norrisnick

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
ESPN has been an amazing value compared to what was NHL Center Ice, I just do the package with Hulu and Disney and use them all frequently. Its time for blackout garbage to end.

I switched to that the other day when getting blasted by ads. $3/mo for all three? Sure, why not!

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota

I used to miss the league analysis of Center Ice, but since I found TheHockeyGuy on YouTube I just watch him. He's great.

Reactions: MabusIncarnate

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
"Long Island, New York is basically a big pile of rocks and sediment left behind by the last retreat of the glaciers around 11,000 years ago, and these days it forms a barrier island that protects the southern coast of the state of Connecticut from the worst that the Atlantic Ocean has to offer. There are many barrier islands along the East Coast, but most are nothing more than very large sand bars, and lack the historic solidity of "The Island", as it's known. For Detroit's purposes tonight The Island and its Islanders are another sort of barrier - the kind of barrier that could stop a Wings team desperately in search of a 3 game win streak from achieving its goals. Perhaps tonight the Wings can find a way around or over that barrier and achieve their goals by scoring some." - Plausible Keats

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Wings win this 5-4 in OT. Mo Seider’s dad is MVP.

Tuzzi still stinks.

Veleno and Berggren each have a big game.

Chiarot is -3 but his partner is +2.

Husso will let in one stinker but otherwise stand on his head.

LETS GOOOO!!!!

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
I used to miss the league analysis of Center Ice, but since I found TheHockeyGuy on YouTube I just watch him. He's great.
He is very hit or miss with me. Sometimes I watch something and it's nice and reasonable. Then other times I watch a clip and holy shit does he barely scratch the surface. Which is somewhat understandable given the ridiculous volume he pumps out, but then it just highlights, that it's a lot of fluff.

Key example, I recently had a suggested clip of his highlighting Fedorov's career pop up on the sidebar. And he starts talking about his seasons and then states Fedorov was hurt for most of the '97-'98 season but came back strong for the playoffs. Like... at least read a dude's wiki page if you're going to do a video on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad