GDT: Wings at Flyers | March 25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
The difference is Raymond still produces a little. Zadina and Berggren have added absolutely nothing to defense. Both should be in GR had we not sold. And that's coming from someone who's been a cheerleader for Berggren since before he was drafted.

Honestly, I can't wait for our middle 6 to be filled with Mazurs and Kaspers instead of Zadinas.

Zadina is playing quite a bit better than Berggren recently, though it’s not apparent on the score sheet. In his last 17 games, he’s got 3x the point production, 3x the shots, playing the same TOI with generally worse linemates and a less consistent role on the powerplay. He’s skating with urgency, he’s more engaged physically.

I think Zadina’s career probably takes him somewhere else, but considering they are from the same draft class, he and Berggren are in roughly the same boat. Berggren needs to get his shit together quick. He looks allergic to defensive effort.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Zadina is playing quite a bit better than Berggren recently, though it’s not apparent on the score sheet. In his last 17 games, he’s got 3x the point production, 3x the shots, playing the same TOI with generally worse linemates and a less consistent role on the powerplay. He’s skating with urgency, he’s more engaged physically.

I think Zadina’s career probably takes him somewhere else, but considering they are from the same draft class, he and Berggren are in roughly the same boat. Berggren needs to get his shit together quick. He looks allergic to defensive effort.
I agree. Part of that is Zadina has had more time not just playing professional hockey but playing in general to develop his off puck game. Crazy how a goal scorer in junior has to shift his game to a two way checker but we all know the Maltby anecdote. However, Zadina still is not good enough defensively to justify his spot in an NHL lineup. I'd rather give a guy like Chiasson more minutes at this point.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
I agree. Part of that is Zadina has had more time not just playing professional hockey but playing in general to develop his off puck game. Crazy how a goal scorer in junior has to shift his game to a two way checker but we all know the Maltby anecdote. However, Zadina still is not good enough defensively to justify his spot in an NHL lineup. I'd rather give a guy like Chiasson more minutes at this point.
That's just wrong. Chiasson does nothing if we don't outnumber the opposition. Zadina doesn't hurt us.

Reactions: Nut Upstrom

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018

Well I mean there’s a reason why we don’t all become hockey coaches.

There’s a better chance Zadina becomes a useful hockey player in the NHL for someone, he’s still 23 after all. Chiasson will be out of the league again next year.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
That's just wrong. Chiasson does nothing if we don't outnumber the opposition. Zadina doesn't hurt us.

Well I mean there’s a reason why we don’t all become hockey coaches.

There’s a better chance Zadina becomes a useful hockey player in the NHL for someone, he’s still 23 after all. Chiasson will be out of the league again next year.
I get that Zadina has more potential to be something long term. Chiasson has just played better recently.
And I get it's mostly on the PP but hey that counts as minutes.

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
I get that Zadina has more potential to be something long term. Chiasson has just played better recently.
And I get it's mostly on the PP but hey that counts as minutes.
WE NEED SCORING! NO, NOT THAT KIND OF SCORING!

Kidding, guys, just kidding.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
My biggest complaint about this team lately is that we don't have a roster built for skill plays and finesse goal scoring but we're still playing like it.

Also, it would be nice if Mo shot the puck now and then on the PP

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Gotta say Kubalik hustles even on a cold streak like this. I like him as a piece going forward.

Reactions: SoupGuru

Chris Langlois

Jan 31, 2022
Is Ed just a scratch or is he not playing because of an injury? I am super annoyed if it's just a scratch.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Is Ed just a scratch or is he not playing because of an injury? I am super annoyed if it's just a scratch.
He's nursing something and they want him to play at home where they can protect him due to having the last change.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
Is Lindstrom injured as well?
Lindstrom doesn't have a finite number of games he can play in during the rest of the season either.

This game looks so boring, sorry for those who are watching every single game
It's pretty brutal. Certainly not a game you'd want to invite your non-hockey buddies over to watch in hopes of converting them into fans.

Reactions: lilidk
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad