GDT: Wings at Bruins | March 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
we can't even touch the puck lol, and when we get it, we just ice it, or give it away..

hard to believe this is 2-2...

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
There was a crosscheck on a Wings player in front of the net that could've been called. Puck went out of the zone anyway so I guess they let it go

Lazlo Hollyfeld

Mar 4, 2004
You can see Lalonde is pissed about the calls being let go now that the Bruins have come back

When they take the lead we'll probably see some makeup calls

Reactions: DatsDeking

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
Still cannot figure out what the interference rules are on dump ins.

Raymond was trying to forecheck earlier, had to go around two bruins one of which is Bergeron who does the arms up I didn't touch him shit. To me that's interference.

Reactions: Perfect Human

Lazlo Hollyfeld

Mar 4, 2004

Raymond was trying to forecheck earlier, had to go around two bruins one of which is Bergeron who does the arms up I didn't touch him shit. To me that's interference.
Yup. that's the play I was referring to.

I know the league allows a bit of interference to slow forwards down so Dmen don't keep getting crushed. But they interfered Raymond to a full stop. Bergeron throwing his arms up is a giveaway that he knew it was too much

Ya cause we are too worried about flipping it and not making actual passes
I think that's a chicken egg scenario. they're flipping it because they're getting overwhelmed by the Bruins forecheck in a way they weren't in the 1st.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really

The part that teams abuse is players are allowed to stand their ground. So if an opposing player is skating toward you and you don't want to move out of the way, you don't actually have to. They have to go around you.

Which is essentially just a rule that allows moving picks and that kind of thing.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
It's very lazy for fans to whine about the refs when the Wings have completely let off the gas. I've seen nothing wrong with any calls made, just a tale of two periods for effort level (on both teams).

Reactions: Ladyfan

Lazlo Hollyfeld

Mar 4, 2004
It's very lazy for fans to whine about the refs when the Wings have completely let off the gas. I've seen nothing wrong with any calls made, just a tale of two periods for effort level (on both teams).
The Wings have been dominated this period. There were also some penalties let go.

Both things can be true

Reactions: JediOrderPizza

Perfect Human

Dec 17, 2014
The part that teams abuse is players are allowed to stand their ground. So if an opposing player is skating toward you and you don't want to move out of the way, you don't actually have to. They have to go around you.

Which is essentially just a rule that allows moving picks and that kind of thing.
Well he did move to block him, so not applicable here.

Perfect Human

Dec 17, 2014
But he's entitled to his ice, as the refs would say. Which effectively means that setting a pick is a total judgment call and sometimes allowed.
For sure, and most of it is perspective I guess. Easy to see lateral movement from the TV camera, maybe harder on the ice? But these are supposed to be the best refs in the world (NHL) so not sure its an excuse.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Yup. that's the play I was referring to.

I know the league allows a bit of interference to slow forwards down so Dmen don't keep getting crushed. But they interfered Raymond to a full stop. Bergeron throwing his arms up is a giveaway that he knew it was too much

I think that's a chicken egg scenario. they're flipping it because they're getting overwhelmed by the Bruins forecheck in a way they weren't in the 1st.
Ya but I would rather it be a hard play even if it’s an icing. The flip they just F up and turn it over and then Boston attacks

That was a clear hook on Zadina not sure how that’s not called in todays NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad