Post-Game Talk: Wings 5 Leafs 4 OT

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
11 goals on his last what? 53 shots? But sure let's blame the tea.

There is ONE issue here and it's the gutless coward in net.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Definitely some sloppy bits:
  • Goal 4 on Sammy was an absolute stinker (others were fine though IMO, and I say this as someone who thinks we should be playing Woll)
  • Very dumb penalty at the end of the 3rd by Domi. Totally unnecessary, and 4 v 3 is SOOO dangerous, just can't be doing that
  • Brodie, I like the man and he's had a rough year personally, but ... he does not look good. His failure to clear the puck (when it would've been real easy to do so), then failure to cover Larkin in front, sealed this game. When our D is 100% healthy, he should sit (Rielly/Boosh, Benoit/McCabe and Edmundson/Lily should be the pairs IMO)
Otherwise I thought we played decently. Ultimately this was a nothing game for us, and hugely important for the Wings, but we still played hard and decently well.

Mostly hope everyone is OK health wise. McMann and McCabe leaving and not returning sucks, hopefully both are OK for game 1. Lily leaving was scary, but at least he returned. When Matthews went hard into the boards after getting his skates tangled with Willy, scary too.

Really wish Matty could've got 1 more tonight, so we could just rest him the last 2. We should arguably rest him the last 2 anyways, but ... can you really do that when he's 1 goal away from doing something nobody has done in over 30 years?

Reactions: BallardEra and Al14

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Stupid Keefe, stupid Brodie, and ultra-stupid Domi !!!

There was NO REASON to have Brodie in this game. He was directly responsible for at least 2 goals tonight.

Obviously, Domi inherited the stupid gene from his father !!!

Gutsy effort from the Wings, but our Leafs GAVE the win to them, despite their better 2nd period.

Reactions: rumman

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
It was definitely a sell job but it was also quite a blatant penalty at the same time. Stick in the gloves.

Whatever. Auston got 69. The real concern is how many licks the boys took tonight. Not good. Really not a good night.

I agree. But with 10 seconds left in regulation to only take 1 of those 2 is brutal.

But yeah the injuries tonight are very frustrating. Matthews didn’t hit 70, we didn’t win and a bunch of players getting hurt to varying degrees. All around bad result

Reactions: TMLife17

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad