Injury Report: Wingels in, Greiss out. 3/8/13

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Was todays practiced closed? I have not seen anyone come out with the line combinations that we had for practice.

Couture/JT/Wingels
Kennedy/Marleau/Pavs
Clowe/Gomez/Sheppard

the 4th is some combo of Galiardi or Desi/Zus/Burish

Don't know who's out on D, my guess is Demers.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Couture/JT/Wingels
Kennedy/Marleau/Pavs
Clowe/Gomez/Sheppard

I surprisingly don't hate those lines. Glad to see that the org 1) recognizes the need for three scoring lines, 2) recognizes that Kennedy has to play with Marleau/Pavelski to work, and 3) is giving Wingo a chance to show his offensive abilities. Pretty sure Wingo's a RH shot, yeah? I think he'd be an awesome addition to Couture/Thornton. Couture's a very capable puck carrier into the zone with control, so Thornton will be okay, and Wingo's a great forechecker with a good shot.

Grave

Mondo Cool
Jun 23, 2009
Northern California
Also lower the difficulty to rookie. That should guarantee us the Cup.

There's somethings even I wont do. :laugh:

Couture/JT/Wingels
Kennedy/Marleau/Pavs
Clowe/Gomez/Sheppard

Looking at this makes me wonder why The Sharks even bothered getting rid of Wellwood.

sjshrky27

Jan 15, 2007
CA
Agree, Irwin has been a bright spot for the Sharks so far this season. Yea, hes had a few screwups, but so has everyone else on the Sharks.

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I agree with Mittons. Irwin should not be playing for several reasons:

He only plays with Boyle, because he needs Boyle, and that leaves Stuart and Vlasic together, which is no good. And then of course, he's made several rookie mistakes. But the first reason is the most important.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
I agree with Mittons. Irwin should not be playing for several reasons:

He only plays with Boyle, because he needs Boyle, and that leaves Stuart and Vlasic together, which is no good. And then of course, he's made several rookie mistakes. But the first reason is the most important.

He's only played with Boyle, that doesn't mean that's the only player he can play with. He and Braun have played together in the past. That said, for some reason Robinson likes the D set up this way so until Burns is back I'd imagine it isn't very likely to change.

And yes, in my opinion, he's been better then Demers and Braun - granted, he's playing with Boyle and not Murray but I haven't seen any more mistakes from Irwin then I've seen from any of the other d-men and he's facing tougher comp. and zone starts then both Demers and Braun. He's also a natural left side d-man.

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
He's only played with Boyle, that doesn't mean that's the only player he can play with. He and Braun have played together in the past. That said, for some reason Robinson likes the D set up this way so until Burns is back I'd imagine it isn't very likely to change.

And yes, in my opinion, he's been better then Demers and Braun - granted, he's playing with Boyle and not Murray but I haven't seen any more mistakes from Irwin then I've seen from any of the other d-men and he's facing tougher comp. and zone starts then both Demers and Braun. He's also a natural left side d-man.

I guess I should re-phrase that: He's only trusted to play with Boyle. And despite that, they have to play more sheltered minutes than Boyle could with Vlasic or Stuart, which he's needed to do because Stuart and Vlasic have serious trouble exiting the zone together, which is compounded with the fact that they play the shutdown minutes.

As for mistakes, he's made several outstanding errors in his second call-up. He was fairly impeccable in his first call-up, but he hasn't been quite the same on the second. Nemo's bailed him out at least three times.

I'd rather have Irwin play over Murray, but I'd much rather have both Demers and Braun in the lineup.

freddypuck

Aug 19, 2008
New York
Irwin has not been good at all since his return , lets be honest , its ok he is a rookie, but for now send him back to worcester for fine tuning......

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
I guess I should re-phrase that: He's only trusted to play with Boyle. And despite that, they have to play more sheltered minutes than Boyle could with Vlasic or Stuart, which he's needed to do because Stuart and Vlasic have serious trouble exiting the zone together, which is compounded with the fact that they play the shutdown minutes.

As for mistakes, he's made several outstanding errors in his second call-up. He was fairly impeccable in his first call-up, but he hasn't been quite the same on the second. Nemo's bailed him out at least three times.

I'd rather have Irwin play over Murray, but I'd much rather have both Demers and Braun in the lineup.

That's some serious nitpicking there considering the mistakes Demers and Braun have been making as well.

I would prefer they utilize their d-men much differently then they are but like I said, Robinson really seems to like them this way. Very small chance McLellan sits Murray considering his comments after the Calgary but I'm not holding my breath.

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
If they really have to keep Murray in there for PK'ing then ffs bench a forward and run 7 D ffs. Keep him off the damn ice even strenght as much as possible. He's a damn trainwreck.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
How would Acolatse replace Mayers?

Token_Black2.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad