Injury Report: Wingels in, Greiss out. 3/8/13

Timo Time

73-9
Feb 21, 2012
San Jose, CA
Kevin Kurz ‏@KKurzCSN
Greiss ruled out by McLellan for tomorrow's game with a sore neck. Couture will play vs. Blues. #SJSharks

Kevin Kurz ‏@KKurzCSN
Wingels good to go for tomorrow, he tells me. Looks like he's starting on Thornton line. #sjsharks

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
I take it Heemskirk is backing up mainly because Stalock/Sateri can't get out of Worcester because of the storm?

AgentCooper

May 10, 2009
Boston
Injured or not, our stars are on the ice night after night, year after year. We could have it so much worse.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
We have? Seems like everyone is always either playing hurt or out hurt. Not as bad as some other teams, but I wouldn't say we've been lucky...

Everyone? The only really significant ones in recent years I can recall are heatley and havlat, who were our #5-#6 forwards at the time.

But we could have had truly devastating ones - Couture, Boyle and Burns come to mind -- and our big 3 have been healthy (KNOCK ON WOOD UNTIL MY KNUCKLES BLEED).

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
Everyone? The only really significant ones in recent years I can recall are heatley and havlat, who were our #5-#6 forwards at the time.

But we could have had truly devastating ones - Couture, Boyle and Burns come to mind -- and our big 3 have been healthy (KNOCK ON WOOD UNTIL MY KNUCKLES BLEED).

Last season they claim that Burns, Couture, Havlat, Clowe and a few others as I recall were all playing injured by the playoffs. Maybe it's just excuses, but it feels like every year post playoffs we heard how half the team was injured. Two years ago it was JT with a hurt knee, shoulder and one of his fingers got the end cut off or something.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Last season they claim that Burns, Couture, Havlat, Clowe and a few others as I recall were all playing injured by the playoffs. Maybe it's just excuses, but it feels like every year post playoffs we heard how half the team was injured. Two years ago it was JT with a hurt knee, shoulder and one of his fingers got the end cut off or something.

We certainly haven't been the healthiest team in those terms, but in terms of actual player games missed due to injury I think we have done pretty well recently.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad