Post-Game Talk: wing

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
euphoria-rangers-300.jpg

What f***ing jerseys are these jabronis wearing...

tlk

Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg
BTW....it's real easy to sit back and be critical of another posters reply and calling it " nonsense" ....but quite a bit harder to present your own solution . Funny about that LOL.....
What's funny about this? "you're saying this only bc you don't want to give us *your* armchair GM opinions". I'd say your assessment is kinda "funny".

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
They're 2 points out of a wildcard spot while having THREE games in hand on the team that is 2 points back. Why do you keep leaving this out. It matters. If you're going to talk about standings you can't leave that out.

"Look at this team's record" you say as if it proves that Gallant is a bad coach.

They're 31-13-5. 7th in the league (8th by points %). I hate to break it to you, but that is not the proof you think it is.

I agree with most of your criticisms but man you really need to take a step back.
The 5v5 unit has very little to nothing to do with that.

The hope is that we improve but It's infuriating seeing the team not do basic things. It's infuriating seeing Greg McKegg. Chytil for all intents and purposes, benched after his best game of the season. Rooney in OT. A bunch of little things that start piling up

We play not to lose. I can't stand it. We never attack. That's a major flaw in mindset/gameplan

Reactions: CLW

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
After sleeping on it, I’m still upset with some of the decisions with personnel during the game and OT

we aren’t going to win every game which is fine, but we need to ride players like laf

Raymond last night played 20 minutes for Detroit and honestly he didn’t look great but they kept putting him out there

Reactions: leetch99

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
The real reason this team has the record they do is the guy playing in net. That has nothing to do with Gallant. The crazy thing is, and I hate to say this, but I don't think this team would look much different under Quinn as long as Igor was playing like this, except they would be scoring more goals. So, bring Quinn back I guess?

All of this is pretty bunk. The players are happier with Gallant as the coach. The top guys expressed this already. Quinn was in their business way too much. It's why he works better at the college level. They need that kind of guidance. Zibanejad, Kreider, Trouba, and Panarin don't need a coach being all in their business. They are pros.

Also, Gallant has brought a much better defensive structure that was never there under Quinn. Is it surprising that Fleury had a big comeback under Gallant going to Vegas? There is player growth, but Gallant and staff have helped.

Reactions: McRanger92

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Observations:

Definite let down of focus after the Bs game. Too many unforced errors. Not physical enough. Fun game to watch but not one the Rangers want to repeat down the stretch.

That had to be one of Goodrow's worst games as a Ranger. A lot of bad giveaways and he couldnt get it right with the chances he had. It happens.

Rooney is in a slump and you can see it. He just needs to shoot. I think Gallant sent him out in OT just so he could find some space and get a shot off. He's gripping the stick a little too tightly.

They need to replace McKegg. Someone mentioned he wasnt an NHL player and I defended him. There were points during last nights game when I wanted to take that back, because he couldn't make a damn play with the puck. This is 3 or 4 games now where that line is making noise in the zone only for him to kill it. Its a shame because the effort is always there, he just has very little playmaking ability, yet the puck is always finding him.

Shesterkin's patience and confidence is noticeable and I'm thrilled he's on the Rangers for years to come.

Schneider has some wheels. This kid impresses me with something different every night.

Miller proves again he shouldn't be traded. That was a big goal.

Laf is building. I see improvements in his game. Wouldve been nice to see him out there 3 on 3.

Greiss was great. Not like insanely good, but making solid, tougher saves look easy. Not that Igor didnt, but he deserved a win. Good effort.

Its no surprise the Rangers need to do more 5 on 5. They created a pretty god amount of scoring chances but its not just about scoring goals. They need to get into the habit of drawing more PPs. We saw how quickly they can take advantage of it. This is one advantage they have over most teams, especially the ones they may see in the 1st and 2nd round. It also allows Kreiders game to shine, in a game where he was pretty unnoticeable for stretches.

Take the point and move on. They are finding ways to come back in games and when the shit hits the fan this team raises its level. Just need to be a little smarter in the next one and get back to the structure that has them where they are in the standings

Last edited:

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
UGHHHH that is infuriating.
I'm assuming that's standard for these celebrities coming to a game for the first time, they probably all get gifted a jersey with their name on the back. Turns out they were both born in 96 and the other actor with them sitting next to Zendaya has 98 on hers and she was born in 98 so I guess that's how they picked the number.

That's why Margot Robbie is the best because not only is she incredibly hot but she wears a Lundqvist whenever she goes to the games.

Reactions: McRanger92

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Some fans choose to be happy only when the Rangers win by convincing fashion. Playing well means nothing if they lose. Winning means nothing if they play poorly. Winning record means nothing after a single loss. All of it is inherently contradictory, but that doesn't matter.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
All of this is pretty bunk. The players are happier with Gallant as the coach. The top guys expressed this already. Quinn was in their business way too much. It's why he works better at the college level. They need that kind of guidance. Zibanejad, Kreider, Trouba, and Panarin don't need a coach being all in their business. They are pros.

Also, Gallant has brought a much better defensive structure that was never there under Quinn. Is it surprising that Fleury had a big comeback under Gallant going to Vegas? There is player growth, but Gallant and staff have helped.
Quinn wasn't a good coach, but the reason this team is where it is has little to nothing to do with him and almost everything to do with Igor. When you compare their GA average from last year to now, it's not THAT significant, and most of that you have to attribute to the Soviet grenade eater in net.

Where is the growth? Kakko? Lafrieniere? Chytil? Greg McKegg played more minutes than Chytil did last night. I wouldn't necessarily say he's interested in young player growth.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
I'm assuming that's standard for these celebrities coming to a game for the first time, they probably all get gifted a jersey with their name on the back. Turns out they were both born in 96 and the other actor with them sitting next to Zendaya has 98 on hers and she was born in 98 so I guess that's how they picked the number.

That's why Margot Robbie is the best because not only is she incredibly hot but she wears a Lundqvist whenever she goes to the games.
She is a legit fan and also a legit rocket ship.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
Don't be that guy, ya know the 'elitist' hockey fan who turns his nose up at some naïve newcomers. If it's got Rangers on it, it's all good in my book. We are an accepting fanbase dammit! Welcome aboard Mr. Holland and Ms. Zendaya (sp?lol)
I welcome everyone to the sport, but getting anything other than a player's name on the back of a jersey is a gigantic foul. Must be called out.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
The best thing that can happen to this team:
Rangers get run out of the building in round 1
Start slow next season
Gallant is fired
Real Coach hired.
You are a lawyer? I suppose you win every case, right?
This is not the best thing that could happen. What I am going to do now, is the best. I simply cannot read anymore of your posts. It's beyond disheartening. Right or Wrong, is one thing but there is NO "indifference".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad