Windsor Spitfires 2022 Off-season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
Hockey Canada announced its U20 roster last night. Alot of big names and 9 players from the January team not attending instead to focus on their NHL training camp. No Owen Power, Perfetti, Shane Wright, Neighbors, Guhle to name a few. Cuylee is playing. No Russia or Belarus of course. It will not feel like a regular WJC tournament for these reasons.

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
This WJ tourney is purely to make some people happy. Nothing more. Most guys are preparing for a possible pro career, many dont have permission from their teams to play, some are still getting healthy. That was supposed to showcase the best jr aged players in the world. Not so this year. Cant blame anyone for bailing out and frankly it should come with an *

Kristina Hazzard

Oct 5, 2021
Windsor Spitfries

Fowards

OA- Josh Currie (LW), Matthew Maggio(RW),

19- Oliver Peer (RW/C) Jacob Malliet (C), Alex Christopoulos(RW), Wyatt Johnson (C)

18- Wylie Birkett (LW), Ryan Abraham (C), Avval Baisov (LW)? Noah Morneau (LW), Colton Smith (LW)

17- Christopher O'Flaherty (LW), Ethan Miedema (LW), Ethan Martin (C)

16- Liam Greentree (RW), AJ Spellacy (C/LW),Cole Davis (LW)?

Defense

OA- Michael Renwick

19- James Jodoin, Daniil Sobolev

18- Nicholas DeAngelis , Tomas Hebek

17- Bronson Ride, Tanner Winegard?

16- Anthony Cristoforo

Goalie

OA- Xavier Medina, Mathias Onuska

18- Kyle Downey

16- Carter Froggett?

IDEAS>?

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Windsor Spitfries

Fowards

OA- Josh Currie (LW), Matthew Maggio(RW),

19- Oliver Peer (RW/C) Jacob Malliet (C), Alex Christopoulos(RW), Wyatt Johnson (C)

18- Wylie Birkett (LW), Ryan Abraham (C), Avval Baisov (LW)? Noah Morneau (LW), Colton Smith (LW)

17- Christopher O'Flaherty (LW), Ethan Miedema (LW), Ethan Martin (C)

16- Liam Greentree (RW), AJ Spellacy (C/LW),Cole Davis (LW)?

Defense

OA- Michael Renwick

19- James Jodoin, Daniil Sobolev

18- Nicholas DeAngelis , Tomas Hebek

17- Bronson Ride, Tanner Winegard?

16- Anthony Cristoforo

Goalie

OA- Xavier Medina, Mathias Onuska

18- Kyle Downey

16- Carter Froggett?

IDEAS>?

For the age 18 category you can remove Baisov who was released prior to Euro draft.
Upfront I would add to the 17 year old group Jack Greenwell and Max Frattaroli
To the 16 year old group upfrontI I would add winger Jack Dean not that I think he or Cole Davis will make this year's team from that age group
On D for the 17 year old age group I would add Jacob Crisp and Cameron Eke
On D for the 16 year old group I would add Carson Woodall
And for the 17 year old group for goalies I would add Joshua Branton.

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
Believe goalies will be O and Downey to start, i think team will shop for a top tier D man if they decide to go again. That could change the back up goalie spot too. Most decisions depend on Johnstons status to be clear. I could see Meidema being moved if his skating and work ethic dont change over the summer. Lots to ponder this year.

Reactions: Section 103

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Believe goalies will be O and Downey to start, i think team will shop for a top tier D man if they decide to go again. That could change the back up goalie spot too. Most decisions depend on Johnstons status to be clear. I could see Meidema being moved if his skating and work ethic dont change over the summer. Lots to ponder this year.
I would agree on a couple of fronts,Onuska and Downey will be the 2 tenders this season, and yes alot depends on Johnston returning or not,I think he does btw.
With the currency obtained in the Zito and Ribau deals a trade for a dman can be made
As for Miedema I predict a big 2nd season from him,guess we will.
On another note found out from sources the extent of Spits injury woes during the recent playoffs,alot more revealing then imagined,
Johnston back injury suffered in Hamilton series, Zito shoulder,Ribau shoulder separation, Perrott broken hand suffered in Sarnia series, Cuylle hernia,Maggio shoulder and wrist,mostly wrist,Abraham illness, leg injury(bruise)Onuska hamstring, Peer mumps, playing 5 more games then Hamilton did in the playoffs did make a difference imo,at the end of it very proud of this team's accomplishments last season.
Looking forward to what this coming season brings.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
I would agree on a couple of fronts,Onuska and Downey will be the 2 tenders this season, and yes alot depends on Johnston returning or not,I think he does btw.
With the currency obtained in the Zito and Ribau deals a trade for a dman can be made
As for Miedema I predict a big 2nd season from him,guess we will.
On another note found out from sources the extent of Spits injury woes during the recent playoffs,alot more revealing then imagined,
Johnston back injury suffered in Hamilton series, Zito shoulder,Ribau shoulder separation, Perrott broken hand suffered in Sarnia series, Cuylle hernia,Maggio shoulder and wrist,mostly wrist,Abraham illness, leg injury(bruise)Onuska hamstring, Peer mumps, playing 5 more games then Hamilton did in the playoffs did make a difference imo,at the end of it very proud of this team's accomplishments last season.
Looking forward to what this coming season brings.
Injuries happen to every team..

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Legend, we appreciate the injury updates. I knew several players were going through stuff but didn't know it was to this extent. Props to the guys for doing what they could under tough circumstances.

As for the goaltenders - I fully expect Onuska and Downey to start, maybe a 60/40 spilt. Downey needs a chance to sink or swim; between the pandemic stoppage and being thrown into the fire last season, it wasn't easy. LaSalle seemed to be good for him and now it's time to put the cards on the table.

As for the D - Losing Henault, Ribau, and Perrott is going to be tough. They'll need a top d-man to help Renwick, should he return. I'd love another Perrott-style guy; gritty, offensive, and a leader.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
No I said the fact Windsor played 5 more games then Hamilton at the end of it all made a difference in their 7 game series not just Windsor injuries or Hamilton injuries.
It was a series that could have gone either way not disappointed though that Hamilton couldn't win it all though.

Reactions: Section 103

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
No I said the fact Windsor played 5 more games then Hamilton at the end of it all made a difference in their 7 game series not just Windsor injuries or Hamilton injuries.
It was a series that could have gone either way not disappointed though that Hamilton couldn't win it all though.
Right the host team did...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad