Windsor Spitfires 2022-23 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpitfireHabs1

Dec 3, 2021
Southern Ontario
Spellacy is a gem. Going to be a good pest to have on our side the next few years that can still contribute offensively, those kind of players are becoming like unicorns. Glad we got him in the third round. 16 and already not afraid to play a rowdy type of game. Could see him Being a top 3 or 4 round nhl pick next year. Time will tell. Lots of shots in the game tonight we just need to finish more of them and hope Onuska can hold the fort if the boys get tired down the stretch here in this game. Time will tell but Go spitfires!!, let's go 3 for 3, we need it!!👍🍻

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Windsor caught a break
Looking at the box score, why’d they catch a break? Looks like they outshot them and the 3 in 3 is something every team deals with but THAT one can’t be COMPLETELY dismissed. It’s not a good excuse but it’s something that can’t be completely disregarded either. Just looking at it without actually seeing the game it looks like a good win.

Reactions: Section 103

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Looking at the box score, why’d they catch a break? Looks like they outshot them and the 3 in 3 is something every team deals with but THAT one can’t be COMPLETELY dismissed. It’s not a good excuse but it’s something that can’t be completely disregarded either. Just looking at it without actually seeing the game it looks like a good win.
barrie goal overturned.

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
Got the win that they should have. Teddy bear toss seemed to ignite their legs the rest of the game. 3 in 3 tough but needed to get it done with facing 3 weak teams. Agree with 7, the Spits caught a huge break with the interference call. Onuska was a fish out of water and the goal was already in the net before any real contact was made with Cardwell. Was surprised they waived it off. Onuska not the steadiest tonight, lucky Barries shot total was low. Great games by Miedema, Peer and Morneau. Not impressed by some of the silly pinching late when leading. Cross ice passes still a problem. Need to clean that up for next 3 in 3 this coming week. Ottawa going to be a big measuring stick and Erie always gives us fits. All in all great weekend allowing no more than 2 goals in any game. Sounds like Abraham may be a while out but have not heard exact type of injury or how long exactly. We do miss him down the middle for sure.

TheGremlin

May 23, 2018
Somewhere
Great weekend of hockey. Got 3 big wins against teams they need to beat. Miedema has great effort on his goal. I do think they caught a break on that goal as i think Miedema was offside on that play. Luckily for the team a barrie player obstructed the view and you couldn’t see the puck. Spellacy had a really nice hit. Like seeing that from a young kid. Onuska’s 2 games this weekend didn’t really tell us much as he didn’t really look tested in either game but nice he making routine saves.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Great weekend of hockey. Got 3 big wins against teams they need to beat. Miedema has great effort on his goal. I do think they caught a break on that goal as i think Miedema was offside on that play. Luckily for the team a barrie player obstructed the view and you couldn’t see the puck. Spellacy had a really nice hit. Like seeing that from a young kid. Onuska’s 2 games this weekend didn’t really tell us much as he didn’t really look tested in either game but nice he making routine saves.
if it was the spellacy hit in the 3rd period, it was more of a charging than a clean hit.

spits

Jul 24, 2013
A great win playing 3 games in 3 nights. Barrie is a decent squad and the Spits were able to outshoot them 34-20. Just like that, the Spitfires are only two points out of 1st in the conference with 1 game in hand.

Beauty goal by Miedema who is now averaging about a point per game and is a plus 13. I thought Peer was outstanding again. In these last three games, they looked more like the team we saw in the opening month of the season. Good atmosphere in the building with nearly 5K in attendance.

It will be interesting to see what Bowler does here. To be honest I can't see him selling when the team is battling for 1st place in the conference, especially if they beat Ottawa on Thursday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad