Windsor Spitfires 2022-23 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Solid game, I know it was against a rebuilding Generals squad, but still a solid win. These next two games will be challenging. Kitchener is better than its record suggests, and Saturday will be 3 games in 3 nights against a rested Colts squad.

Yes, the Spirit overpaid for Haight. Imagine if the Spits made that trade? giving away all those high draft picks for an underperforming player, many on here would be livid. "IF" the Spits do decide to buy I guess that gives a decent idea what they could get for Miedema next year if they wanted to trade him to recoup some assets.
You're not looking at the big picture though. Saginaw made an earlier move

Bloom/Hislop/6th in 2025
for
Gauvreau/Sima/2nd 2023/3rd in 2023/2nd 2024/3rd/2024/3rd 2026

now you have

Haight
for
2nd in 2024/2nd in 2025/3rd in 2025/2nd in 2026/3rd in 2026

So what you really have is getting Haight for 1.5 years, Bloom who won't be back and

Bloom/Hislop/6th in 2025
for
Gauvreau/Sima/Haight

and they're only losing a 2nd, and gained a 3rd which at worse is moving down in the draft 40 slots but they also gained 1.5 years with Haight 1.5 years with Sima. A lot of teams would make that trade off. Also keeping in mind they were the one of the worst teams in the league now looking at possibly winning the division the very next year. Of course that's terrible..........

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
You're not looking at the big picture though. Saginaw made an earlier move

Bloom/Hislop/6th in 2025
for
Gauvreau/Sima/2nd 2023/3rd in 2023/2nd 2024/3rd/2024/3rd 2026

now you have

Haight
for
2nd in 2024/2nd in 2025/3rd in 2025/2nd in 2026/3rd in 2026

So what you really have is getting Haight for 1.5 years, Bloom who won't be back and

Bloom/Hislop/6th in 2025
for
Gauvreau/Sima/Haight

and they're only losing a 2nd, and gained a 3rd which at worse is moving down in the draft 40 slots but they also gained 1.5 years with Haight 1.5 years with Sima. A lot of teams would make that trade off. Also keeping in mind they were the one of the worst teams in the league now looking at possibly winning the division the very next year. Of course that's terrible..........
2.5 of Sima. He’s an 05

Reactions: Uncle

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
Who starts tonight? Onuska? Won the last time but allowed 4. Joey to split the 3 in 3? We will know soon enough.
Imagine JC starts tonight and O tomorrow back home. Not like O played shutout hockey last night although steady not many quality shots against him. Give the OA the start for teddy 🐻 toss

Reactions: ohloutsider

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Costanzo in goal.

Similar lines to last night, but McLlwain replaces Graniero, who's playing with Vipers tonight.
Martin also playing for Vipers tonight.
Don't understand why Jodoin is not dressed
unless hei is ill.

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
Kitchener gave us a much better battle tonight. They had alot more quality scoring chances than Oshawa. Still a great road win. Still don't like Miedema on 3rd line with Morneau and O'Flaherty who are both minus players this year. Miedema relegated to 3rd line in his 2nd year as a 1st round pick puzzles me. He is top 6 scoring and a top plus/minus player but not playing a top 6 role. Short staffed and Jodoin sitting? Still some strange decisions by staff. Don't get me wrong, we won 2 in a row easily but we faced bottom feeders so I'm not sounding the horn yet. Next weekend will show if they have turned things around against stiffer competition.

tomschman

Oct 29, 2015
Kitchener gave us a much better battle tonight. They had alot more quality scoring chances than Oshawa. Still a great road win. Still don't like Miedema on 3rd line with Morneau and O'Flaherty who are both minus players this year. Miedema relegated to 3rd line in his 2nd year as a 1st round pick puzzles me. He is top 6 scoring and a top plus/minus player but not playing a top 6 role. Short staffed and Jodoin sitting? Still some strange decisions by staff. Don't get me wrong, we won 2 in a row easily but we faced bottom feeders so I'm not sounding the horn yet. Next weekend will show if they have turned things around against stiffer competition.
Per Steve Bell, Jodoin was ill.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Very solid win.
Players played as a team.
Solid goaltending.
Agree very solid win last night in Kitchener from goal on out.
Another game where 10 different players had at least 1 point.
Oliver Peer led the way with 1G,2A,Colton Smith 1G,1A,he now has 5 points in his last 2 games,2 assists from Christoforo he now has 16 points in his last 17 games,Greentree with 2A,now has 4 points in his last 2,6 different goal scorers,Christopoulis, Smith,Renwick,Peer,Morneau and Maggio.
Only Mallet who is 5th in team scoring and had 3 points the previous night failed to register a point of the top of the top 8 in points excluding Abraham who didn't dress for the 3rd game in a row.
It was a nice bounce back game by Costanzo who allowed only 2 goals after his bad outing at Flint.
For the 2nd game in the a row Spits went 1-1 on the PP,they were 2-3 on the PK,previous game 4-4 on the PP.
Interesting Alex Christopoulis who had 13 goals in 47 games last year,now has 18 goals in 24 games he has played this season
He had 22 points in those games now has 27 points in 24 games this season to date,great trade by Bowler,huge improvement by Christopoulis.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
How do they not go back to Costanzo tomorrow? Pure coaching incompetence if they don’t.
While I have been critical of Onuska’s play for most of the season,his last game notwithstanding, in this case for tonight vs Barrie I would not be upset if either goalie were to be named to start as based on each if their last game they both deserve to be named.

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
I expect O to start tonight like I said the other day, overager for Teddy 🧸 toss. The way Costanzo brought it last night I'm sure O is on a short leash although he played well against Oshawa. Maybe his last chance for him to show he can still be the starter. Otherwise I can see them rotating goalies until 1 loses. Puts the decision purely on performance and not seniority.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad