Windsor Spitfires 2022-23 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Get there by 6:30 and you will have no issue parking. After that it starts to fill in. Lots of people come later and get a spot but if you miss out you have to catch the bus from Tecumseh Mall. Some just take the bus to avoid coming early and it is only 3 bucks and you get a return voucher. Direct between mall and arena, a 3 minute bus ride. I always get there early so don't take the bus. Parking lot is usually empty by 15 minutes after the game.

After 2 rounds?
Poster mentioned Xhekag who played more then 2 rounds too.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Was hoping to get to the WFCU for a game but will leaving Thursday. At least I can grab a Capri Super.

A question about parking. I haven't had to park their for a Spits game, just minor hockey.
I recall some complaints a couple years back but nothing lately. Has it smoothed itself out or any advice?

The city added a large(ish) parking lot just to the north of the arena where the old pond/grassland use to be. It's probably 200-250 cars large (give or take) and seems to really help most issues.

Reactions: rve24

TheGremlin

May 23, 2018
Somewhere
The city added a large(ish) parking lot just to the north of the arena where the old pond/grassland use to be. It's probably 200-250 cars large (give or take) and seems to really help most issues.
They didn’t add barely any parking. They just relocated lost spots when they switched land with the builder. They lost a chunk of parking where the development has gone.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
They didn’t add barely any parking. They just relocated lost spots when they switched land with the builder. They lost a chunk of parking where the development has gone.
I don't think they lost as much, though. If someone has the actual stats, I'll retract, but I'd guestimate they gained a fair chunk.

TheGremlin

May 23, 2018
Somewhere
I don't think they lost as much, though. If someone has the actual stats, I'll retract, but I'd guestimate they gained a fair chunk.
I’m just saying it not like they added 200-250 spots. This picture is the only thing i can find to show what they lost and what they gained

Attachments

• D1CC876D-6138-4B3B-8F2A-96DA76384822.jpeg
    D1CC876D-6138-4B3B-8F2A-96DA76384822.jpeg
    307.1 KB · Views: 1

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
If the Spits are to make any major noise this year they need Johnston or a player just like him.
Now I'm happy with how the Spits have played so far and they will be a competitive team this year but after the trade deadline if the Spits don't have Johnston or a similar player they may very well may be out gunned by other teams that have loaded up. You can look north to the Soo last year and see what happens if you don't make any significant moves. Johnston would be a major upgrade at no cost. Don't really think this will happen at this point but maybe a nice Christmas wish!
Right if you wanted to win a round in the playoffs you could probably do it. If you wanted to make a run you're damn right they would need Wyatt. He was the best player in the league, along with losing Perrott, Cuylle and others there isn't a championship without him. Or without making a few other moves to have that type of roster. They have played games on the margins this year with the exception of Niagara for the most part. Plenty of time to make these decisions but to believe Wyatt isn't "needed" to make a run is pure fallacy.

Reactions: windsor7

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
Well heres a new twist, i swear they are just trying to kill the sport in Canada.
Players in Junior A level hockey across Canada may soon look a bit different. According to Hockey Canada, players will have to move to cages rather than visors, which have become the norm in leagues across the Canadian Junior Hockey League (CJHL).
Im sorry but this is completely ridiculous!!

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Well heres a new twist, i swear they are just trying to kill the sport in Canada.
Players in Junior A level hockey across Canada may soon look a bit different. According to Hockey Canada, players will have to move to cages rather than visors, which have become the norm in leagues across the Canadian Junior Hockey League (CJHL).
While I don't disagree with your opinion I looked up the article you were referring to and Senior and Major Juniors including the 3 major junior leagues are not included, visors will continue to be allowed.
Don't see it being an issue if it stays that way.
We already see players called up from JR B who have to wear a cage when playing here.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Is there still that large lot to the right of the arena? - haven’t been back to Windsor in nearly 5 years but I remember that even if you showed up rather late it wasn’t the worst walk in the world.

GermanSpitfire

Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
I don’t see this as that big of a deal - wearing cages isn’t the worst thing - when a puck hits you in the cage, let me tell you you’re thankful as all hell.
I wonder if they’ll implement a similar system to that of world junior hockey, where any under age players (16/17 year olds) have to wear a cage, then 18/19/20 year olds get to have a say in the matter.

GermanSpitfire

Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
I wonder if the Spitfires will be in on Shane Wright with Johnston not returning - the Spits are the only team that have the high end expendable assets to make a trade of that nature (Miedema).

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
I wonder if the Spitfires will be in on Shane Wright with Johnston not returning - the Spits are the only team that have the high end expendable assets to make a trade of that nature (Miedema).
Nobody else has an underachieving 17yo 1st round draft pick?

GermanSpitfire

Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Nobody else has an underachieving 17yo 1st round draft pick?
A Shane Wright trade would be massive - and the Fronts likely want a 16 year old first back for Wright - these players can’t be traded until early January however, so if Seattle wants Wright moved or they’re not sending him back - there are few teams with the assets to trade for him.

Rumour has it Kingston was big on Miedema in 2021 so they’d likely be more than happy to take him on instead of the 2022 16 year old, then they’d be able to make a deal whenever since there isn’t the 16 year old trade window they had to adhear to.

Just me speculation.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
I have heard here numerous times Miedema is awful. Now he can be a piece in a Shane Wright deal... I have heard it all now.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Is there still that large lot to the right of the arena? - haven’t been back to Windsor in nearly 5 years but I remember that even if you showed up rather late it wasn’t the worst walk in the world.

Which direction are we talking?

Re Wright - is the price really worth it? You'd be looking at Miedema, another player, plus multiple 2nds/3rds/??... probably similar to McTavish.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
You mean like Flint's who only has 4 points??? Sorry couldn't resist.
Well, one is a defenseman who was selected 8 spots later, so there’s that. There’s also not 6,000 posts about him underachieving. I’m sure Kingston would rather wait a month for Cristoforo. There’s plenty of teams with more pick capital and some with just as many 16 and 17yo players to move if there’s a bidding war.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
If the price starts at Cristoforo, I hang up the phone. You want to talk Miedema, I'm a bit more willing.
Shane Wright would add a LOT but I’d be looking to build around Cristoforo too. I only watched the OHL Cup Final game before the draft but that was enough to convince me he should have went way higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad