Windsor Spitfires 2021-22 Season Thread, Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Depends on opposition too,did they add or delete,are you at home or on the road,injury status of both,alot of factors,bottom line for me,goals against and save percentage if both were close would not be a discussion, in this case big difference and moving forward it becomes sustainable or not,and if goalie needs relief goalie we know the answer.
If goal posts r moved or not...

Reactions: RayzorIsDull

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Same will be the case re Onuska being thought of as the man as well.
Plus for me defense is a team thing not just the D.
And why are numbers so different between Medina and Onuska
Almost 3/4 of a goal difference in goals against and 025 save per centage difference, those are huge differences, yet the same team in front of either goalie.
Medina and the team started slowly at start of season, his 1st 6 games he was averaging 3.80 and had a very low save per centage, since then he has worked goals against down almost a goal 2.99 goals against and 895 in save percentage Onuska after a terrible 1st outing by him and the team in the 1st 16 minutes at SSM,gave up 3 goals,replaced by Medina who allows 1 goal rest of the way and Windsor wins 10-4,Onuska next few games gets average down to 3.10,but now his numbers are climbing both goals against and save percentage over most of the last 7 games,till finally he got yanked last night.
As I said before I want both goalies to perform well enough to win without the team needing to score 5 or more to win.
Onuska's numbers are climbing rapidly and that's a concern.
He is not getting better and we saw what happened last night
Medina answered the bell with a calm performance wasn't severely tested but the team did settle and played well in front of him.
What happens next remains to be seen,but every time so far Medina comes back from lengthy absences he and the team do well and I am not making that up.
He has to play nice too...

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Cherrydon

Big difference I see between Medina and Onuska is consistency for example in 25 appearances Medina has allowed 4 or more goals 6 times,Onuska 11 times in 20 appearances
At the same time Medina has allowed less then 3 goals 14/25 games
while Onuska has allowed the same in 6/20 those are huge differences explains alot about the differences in goals against and save per centage for each.
It means that Windsor has to score more goals generally when Onuska is in goal then when Medina is in goal and that is concerning for team success.
Wish it wasn't that way, I would be ecstatic if numbers for the 2 were near identical but they are not.
I dont this shows a dislike for Onuska.
Numbers r meant to be moved around.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Did you ever consider the fact that, regardless of your meaningless stats, the team is just more comfortable with Onuska? Maybe the players just put forth a better effort with a team player instead of a prima dona? Just sayin....
Absolutely

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
Ride has struggled his last few games. He is a skilled player but is first year and still not strong enough. He coughs up the puck on a regular basis. I really like his game but he is not ready to be a key player in the playoffs . He will be a top guy down the road but he needs more time. I'm not putting him out there other than spot duty and definitely not sitting DeAngelis over him. IMHO anyway.
Ride is +12 DeAngelis -8 A 20 goal swing. if Ride coughs the puck up on a regular basis like you suggest he must recover much better than DeAngelis. I'm not poking at DeAngelis, I am saying Ride has been one of the better D for his defensive responsibility.

Oct 3, 2019
Ride is +12 DeAngelis -8 A 20 goal swing. if Ride coughs the puck up on a regular basis like you suggest he must recover much better than DeAngelis. I'm not poking at DeAngelis, I am saying Ride has been one of the better D for his defensive responsibility.
Ride is not ready in my opinion

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Ride has been playing against mostly 4th line opponents. DeAngelis has played much farther up the line up. Numbers are not always what they seem. Ride has been making blind passes up the middle which is what younger D will do as the speed of the game has to be adapted to. He was the direct cause of a goal Thursday. Now I really like what I see from him and he looks like a top D in the future but with all D it takes time to hone their skills. I don't think Stanley really came into his own until he got to Kitchener. DeAngelis has a little less panic in his game and looks stronger. Is he a top D, no not yet but he looks better than Ride and that is why coaches have been putting him out there against tougher opposition. They both will be great for the Spits in the future.

Travis Bickle 77

Feb 11, 2020
Big weekend for points! Spits gotta be pumped up and ready to bring it! I see Medina getting the start tonight, guess we will see how that goes. Gotta be physical but smart tonight! SSM has a great PP so defense better be up to the task!

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Hopefully Medina continues his fine play vs the Hounds so far this season
He is 3-0 against them,2W at the Sault,1 at home,in those 3 games he has allowed 5 goals for a goals against average of 1.77 and a save percentage of .939
Kyle Downey has played 2 games against the Hounds this is 1-1 against them allowed 7 goals,goals against of 3.57 and save percentage of .873
Onuska has also played 2 games vs SSM,he started his 1st game as a Spitfire at the Soo,but was yanked after allowing 3 goals in the 1st 16 minutes, Medina took over and Spits won 10-4 that night,he later played another game vs
the Sault and won
His numbers 2 games,6 goals allowed,1-0 record,goals against average of 7.28 and a save percentage of .825.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Windsor offense should power them to a win tonight whoever in net.
Keep racking up the wins!

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Hopefully Medina continues his fine play vs the Hounds so far this season
He is 3-0 against them,2W at the Sault,1 at home,in those 3 games he has allowed 5 goals for a goals against average of 1.77 and a save percentage of .939
Kyle Downey has played 2 games against the Hounds this is 1-1 against them allowed 7 goals,goals against of 3.57 and save percentage of .873
Onuska has also played 2 games vs SSM,he started his 1st game as a Spitfire at the Soo,but was yanked after allowing 3 goals in the 1st 16 minutes, Medina took over and Spits won 10-4 that night,he later played another game vs
the Sault and won
His numbers 2 games,6 goals allowed,1-0 record,goals against average of 7.28 and a save percentage of .825.
We knowu r a Medina fan..

Reactions: oldPeng

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
I want Windsor to win regardless who is in goal.
Windsor is 5-1 vs Hounds this year so far
3-1 at home and 2-0 at the Soo.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Hard to tell with the way you talk about Onuska. Medina tell you to say those things?
No different then the way you have spoken and criticized this team for years and nauseum, yet you claim to be a fan
Perfect example Dan D'amico.
Oh I forgot to ask how is he doing so far lately?

Reactions: OHLTG

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
BTW, D'Amico has 10 points in his last six games. Small sample? Yes. Important sample during the stretch? Yes.

As for their record against SSM this season - it's nice to have the momentum but you have to treat this like it's the playoffs and anyone can win. No easy games.

Reactions: Section 103

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
BTW, D'Amico has 10 points in his last six games. Small sample? Yes. Important sample during the stretch? Yes.

As for their record against SSM this season - it's nice to have the momentum but you have to treat this like it's the playoffs and anyone can win. No easy games.
Windsor is the better team.
Should be a win.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Nice deflection
When Windsor traded McDonald to Nbay to get assets to acquire Perrott Windsor was tied for 4th in the conference, now they are in 1st,they were 6th on the PP now they are 4th,they were 17th on the PK now they are 4th there as well,they were averaging 4.19 in goals for per game,now they are at 4.47 and climbing.
Currie not here to replace McDonald scoring,plays fine on the 3rd line,more physical and as mentioned the other assets draft picks acquired used to get Perrott without mortgaging the future.
All the metrics improved,no decline but improvements in all areas.
But nice try

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Nice deflection
When Windsor traded McDonald to Nbay to get assets to acquire Perrott Windsor was tied for 4th in the conference, now they are in 1st,they were 6th on the PP now they are 4th,they were 17th on the PK now they are 4th there as well,they were averaging 4.19 in goals for per game,now they are at 4.47 and climbing.
Currie not here to replace McDonald scoring,plays fine on the 3rd line,more physical and as mentioned the other assets draft picks acquired used to get Perrott without mortgaging the future.
But nice try
I noticed how you deflected immediately. No deflection on my part it was asked and answered.

Reactions: aresknights

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010

Actually D'amico has 13G,6A in his last 20 games.

Reactions: OHLTG

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Nice deflection
But nice try
More upgrades on defence would of been nice.
Offense hasnt declined.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
More upgrades on defence would of been nice.
Offense hasnt declined.

They got Perrott to replace Ladd, which has been beneficial at both ends, but who else would you have added? Strangely, the team itself has said they're not doing their own jobs, so it looks like it's more "the systems work and we're just not doing what we need to" instead of "yeah, we need help."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad