Windsor Spitfires 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Thinking out loud here...

Jim Parker posted that Rychel, Bowler, and Viola (sp?) were all in Kitchener tonight and "take it as you will."

It certainly doesn't mean a trade is imminent, but... what if it does?

Kitchener has 3 seconds in 2018, a 2nd in 2019/2201, then 2 second sin 2023. They also have 1-2 thirds every year until 2023, and multiple fourths every year. This is in addition to some nice young talents.

What about a deal involving Brown/Damiani?

Reactions: punch1943

member 71782

Thinking out loud here...

Jim Parker posted that Rychel, Bowler, and Viola (sp?) were all in Kitchener tonight and "take it as you will."

It certainly doesn't mean a trade is imminent, but... what if it does?

Kitchener has 3 seconds in 2018, a 2nd in 2019/2201, then 2 second sin 2023. They also have 1-2 thirds every year until 2023, and multiple fourths every year. This is in addition to some nice young talents.

What about a deal involving Brown/Damiani?

I think Damiani, like Vilardi for Windsor last year won't be moved. Would definitely be a nice addition for Windsor.

A deal with Kitchener for Brown or Day and a smaller piece would be doable but something with later 2nds needing to be included could be tough since I believe some of the later picks were acquired from Windsor last year in the Bracco deal. Earlier 2nds and 3rds, no problem but I think Kitchener will be looking at other additions as well that they'll need picks for.

spitz fan 4ever

May 13, 2012
Caught the tail end of Rychels conversation with mike miller after the first Kitchener goal, and in a nutshell said he would like to add 10 picks and 3 players in deals that could go down

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
8-5 Windsor final. Shots 43-37 Kitchener. DiPietro 38 saves in the win and, from what I saw, a few of the goals he had no chance on.

Several Spitfires with multi-point games incl a hat-trick from Luchuk.

Lots of rumours about management from various teams at this one. I'm almost wondering if something will happen sooner rather than later.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Well,that was interesting,as Windsor scores 4 in the 1st 10 minutes of the game,minus Day,Brown, Vilardi, Kitkevicius and others and wind up winning 8-5 .
13 skaters of the 17 Windsor dressed registered at least a point tonight, only Staios, Kadlec, Sirman and Stevenson were held pointless in this one.
Aaron Luchuk lead the way in scoring with 3,Luka Boka had 2, and singles came from Jake Smith, Daniel D'amico and Lev Starikov.Smith, D'amico, Corcoran, McEneny and Purboo all had 2 points each, joining Luchuk and Boka with multi point efforts.Even rookie D Hayden Johnston called up to replace Day and Henault,made the score sheet, getting an assist on the opening goal of the game scored by Jake Smith,for his 1st point in the O,gotta say the 17 year old has not looked out of place in the games he has played.
Mike Dipietro allowed 5, a couple of tip ins,a couple of PP goals, otherwise he was pretty good as both teams threw defense to the wind most of the night.
Dipietro will be happy his season vs Kitchener regular season wise is done,as he allowed 18 goals in the 4 games against them went 2-2 against and has allowed 46 in the other 20 games he has played in thus fair this year.
At the end of it all nice to some secondary scoring, the three overagers Luchuk,Smith and McEneny had 7 points combined,the rest of the squad had 14 including 4 goals
Tyler Angle picked up his 1st assist of the year and Chris Playfair notched his 2nd point in as many nights for the Spits.
Coach may not say it but I enjoyed this game.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Caught the tail end of Rychels conversation with mike miller after the first Kitchener goal, and in a nutshell said he would like to add 10 picks and 3 players in deals that could go down

If that's truly his wish he would probably have to move Luchuk. He's not getting 10 picks and 3 players for Day and Brown.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
I don't want to sound like the Grinch because I know the teddy bear toss is a great cause and a lot of bears were thrown on the ice. Unfortunately there is zero excuse for it taking 15 minutes to clean up all the bears. The teddy bear toss isn't a run of the mill event or a surprise to the organization this is planned weeks ahead of time. Good for the fans donating all the bears, bad on the collection and delay.

Reactions: DetSpitsFan

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
cfaub, you're right when you say a deal where Damiani goes your way is unlikely. But that doesn't mean the Rangers and Spits can't do another two part deal where Damiani winds up in Windsor next September.

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
I fail to see the value some put on Damiani. Vilardi was an 11th overall pick in his NHL draft year and an integral part of a Memorial Cup champion. Damiani - although he's a useful junior player, not so much.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
I'd be careful with the two-part deals. Doing it once with Bracco/Stanley was passable. Getting away with it a second time might not be.

As far as Rangers players go..

They've only got so many young players that can be dealt. Damiani, Guest, Garreffa (probably not), Vallati, York, and Ladd. Those are who Windsor could/would target. If you're dealing Brown, you're going after Damiani or Guest (or long shot Garreffa). Mind you, if it's Day that's in the talks, all bets are off.

I'm hoping whatever happens gets done quickly.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
rangerblues, I don't think anybody is saying that Damiani is an equal player to Vilardi. But he is a piece that is valuable to the Rangers this year. He's on the first power play and gets a ton of ice time. He would be the type of player we'd have to replace if he were included in any deal.

Guys like Ladd and Guest, not so much. They aren't a big part of this year's team.

OHLTG, I doubt you'd see York included in a deal just because we are lean on D. Not an untouchable but needed as a decent depth guy. Vallati as well for the same reason as Damiani.

But Ladd and Guest could be easily moved without much affect to this year's team.

Reactions: member 71782

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
8-5 Windsor final. Shots 43-37 Kitchener. DiPietro 38 saves in the win and, from what I saw, a few of the goals he had no chance on.

Several Spitfires with multi-point games incl a hat-trick from Luchuk.

Lots of rumours about management from various teams at this one. I'm almost wondering if something will happen sooner rather than later.

Great pond hockey game last night. If the idea was to show Kitchener that we have what they need to improve we did just that. Luchuk kicked his value up a couple of notches.
As for sooner than later often teams like to move big pieces before the WJC camps open. With Day not getting an invite both he and Luchuk will be available longer than Brown.

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
If that's truly his wish he would probably have to move Luchuk. He's not getting 10 picks and 3 players for Day and Brown.
Just can't force myself to listen to Miller but if WR did talk about wanting 10 picks + 3 players thats great. More often than not when he hints at something its close...

Oldbarn Newhay

Mar 31, 2016
Unless Kitchener wants to win every game 5-4, do not see Day as a fit in Kitchener. They are middle of the pack in goals against. Day will not make that situation better.

As for Vilardi, if he is traded there will be conditions attached to every one of those # 2's.

stips

Apr 3, 2016
Parker indicating LA has cleared Vilardi for contact is great news. It will be important for his development. He has to get past all the injuries and prove he is a reliable player.

randomhero4life

Jan 4, 2017
South Detroit
I don't want to sound like the Grinch because I know the teddy bear toss is a great cause and a lot of bears were thrown on the ice. Unfortunately there is zero excuse for it taking 15 minutes to clean up all the bears. The teddy bear toss isn't a run of the mill event or a surprise to the organization this is planned weeks ahead of time. Good for the fans donating all the bears, bad on the collection and delay.

mySuperLamePic_fde9b35bb85c216bcc3a08869483ad79.jpg

tomschman

Oct 29, 2015
Both Brown & Day ill, brass and co. attending last night's game........coincidence????
If Brown is on the move, it had better be quick. He can't be moved while he is away at the WJC. I assume that he will leave after Thursday's game and may not be back until January 6.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
If Brown is on the move, it had better be quick. He can't be moved while he is away at the WJC. I assume that he will leave after Thursday's game and may not be back until January 6.

Would not surprise me if Brown plays Sunday at SSM,he doesn't have to be in US camp till the 14th.
Can't say the same about Dipietro,he leaves Monday for Team Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad