Windsor Spitfires 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Players in high school have a no-trade cause - once finished high school they no longer have one unless they were a first rounder or were granted one by the team during signing. School is a factor taking into account for trades - I feel for the GM's.
So basically you are saying all players have one?

stips

Apr 3, 2016
I sure hope that Gabriel Vilardi checks out ok, when examined in LA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Being injured as often as he has sure has slowed his progress. He has tons of ability, and everyone is excited to see him play.

Reactions: ohloutsider

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Looking back over this past weekend nice to get 5 of 6 points - we will need them in the bank for later. Was impressed with the line of Sirman, Purboo and MacDougall. It hit me that after Christmas this may very well be our top line, Not a top line on other teams but this will likely be the best thing we can throw out there. Villardi likely being eased in so he will play second line minutes and some PP time. If Luchuk stays he will play with him assuming Brown has moved on. All of this is my best guess for today, we will see as we draw closer to the trade deadline.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Looking back over this past weekend nice to get 5 of 6 points - we will need them in the bank for later. Was impressed with the line of Sirman, Purboo and MacDougall. It hit me that after Christmas this may very well be our top line, Not a top line on other teams but this will likely be the best thing we can throw out there. Villardi likely being eased in so he will play second line minutes and some PP time. If Luchuk stays he will play with him assuming Brown has moved on. All of this is my best guess for today, we will see as we draw closer to the trade deadline.

By January I expect Vilardi to be going full bore,and if Luchuk is still here I can them together along with Jake Smith,then have Larionov with Kitkevicius and Boka,and finally Angle with D'amico with Playfair or Kozhevnikov.I would say goodbye to your favorite guy Kadlec,plus Brown and Day with hopefully a young forward amongst those acquired in a trade.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
By January I expect Vilardi to be going full bore,and if Luchuk is still here I can them together along with Jake Smith,then have Larionov with Kitkevicius and Boka,and finally Angle with D'amico with Playfair or Kozhevnikov.I would say goodbye to your favorite guy Kadlec,plus Brown and Day with hopefully a young forward amongst those acquired in a trade.

Hopfully Larionov is playing by then.
He is hurt a lot and often.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Wasn't Larionov out for a while earlier with an illness? I know there was a nasty one going around.

As for Kadlec - I was a fan of him coming on but he's a warm body right now and nothing more.

randomhero4life

Jan 4, 2017
South Detroit
Wasn't Larionov out for a while earlier with an illness? I know there was a nasty one going around.

As for Kadlec - I was a fan of him coming on but he's a warm body right now and nothing more.

Larionov has had issues for 3 years solid, don't know really what his issues are. I predicted this would happen with him.......did anybody listen.....Nope!! lol

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Larionov has had issues for 3 years solid, don't know really what his issues are. I predicted this would happen with him.......did anybody listen.....Nope!! lol

His issues are he can't stay healthy and can't be counted on. There is really no reason to have Larionov or Kadlec around. I am leaning towards your way on Playfair but the first two are the ones that need to move on.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
If Larionov had the illness in October, we can't blame him for that. It was a nasty bug that went around (I knew several people who had it and I haven't been able to completely shake it, either).

Reactions: randomhero4life

randomhero4life

Jan 4, 2017
South Detroit
If Larionov had the illness in October, we can't blame him for that. It was a nasty bug that went around (I knew several people who had it and I haven't been able to completely shake it, either).

I agree on that, but he is one of those players where there always seems to be something

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
That's just timing more than anything. If he constantly stepped on something and broke his ankle everytime, that's one thing. Being sick when everyone else is getting sick, I won't hold against him. That said, we DO need him in the lineup and producing, or just cut ties.

Reactions: DetSpitsFan

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Rangers catching a break tonight 6 Spitfires not dressed for the game in Kitchener didn't make trip,Brown(ill)
Day(ill), Henault (upper body),plus Larionov, Vilardi and Kitkevicius.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Windsor at Kitchener, Dipietro and Richardson are the starting goalies
Spits going with a 19 man roster tonight 11F,6D,2G.Windsor has added rookie dman Hayden Johnston from La Salle to play in this evening's game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad