Windsor Spitfires 2018-19 Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

randomhero4life

Jan 4, 2017
South Detroit
No and that's probably the frustrating part. Rychel obviously cares a lot but at the end of the day there are no repercussions if a rebuild doesn't work. There aren't any checks and balances as far as what happens. If we are to be honest we are at a crossroads with this franchise. Attendance looks to be at an all time low since WFCU opened. Most likely facing another year where they have to trade one of their most talented players. There is a time when the levee eventually breaks and there are certainly cracks right now.

It's funny how Rychel is a widely respected GM across the league, even fans from other teams throw his name into the ring as one of the best GM's in the league. You & Windsor7 just can't get on that bus eh?

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
No and that's probably the frustrating part. Rychel obviously cares a lot but at the end of the day there are no repercussions if a rebuild doesn't work. There aren't any checks and balances as far as what happens. If we are to be honest we are at a crossroads with this franchise. Attendance looks to be at an all time low since WFCU opened. Most likely facing another year where they have to trade one of their most talented players. There is a time when the levee eventually breaks and there are certainly cracks right now.
Rychel does care - he is part owner and the bottom line has a direct impact on his profits. He requires success to see his profit move up. So the repercussions for him are far more than you and I feel if this team has a bad year.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Rychel does care - he is part owner and the bottom line has a direct impact on his profits. He requires success to see his profit move up. So the repercussions for him are far more than you and I feel if this team has a bad year.

As far as repercussions I was referring to his job security. It hurts his bottom line but if he was really hurting he probably would have taken cost certainty when the pros were knocking on his door. The issue I see is that and we have discussed this before it's either feast or famine.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
:popcorn::popcorn:LOL Ofer?? Guess you missed my other info. But hey that’s old news I get it lol. You guys aren’t worth the time. Back to ignoring you.

Cool, I am fine with that. I don't like you, you don't like me. Not everyone is going to like everyone else. You do a great job of pandering.

Reactions: Teflon

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Teflon - sorry if you answered and I didn't see, but what timeframe were we looking at for a DiP trade? After WJC or... before? (I'd imagine after)

4 Bobby ORR

Nov 26, 2008
South Detroit
You mis-read that. Last year, DiPietro wasn't AS available because the NTC came into effect. This year, all bets are off and he could be had. Thus, if a deal was offered last year, it's certainly possible they offer the same one up this year. Yes, it's a rumour but we're lying to ourselves if we don't think this stuff will gain steam at some point.
There definitely was a trade last year and you are right that the NTC nixed the deal but it is a non issue this year. Wish I would have asked about the details of the deal but not sure if they would have been privy to it. OHLTG is correct in that DiPietro is cleared to be moved this year.

........ Salinitri is another case where I was given the info directly from someone very close to him. Hatcher forced the issue and made some promises so the kid reported. That deal isn’t dead yet lol.
For the record I know the Salinitri situation is true and he has asked for a trade. Hatcher also made promises for him to report. Whether he ends up here I don't know.

Reactions: Teflon and OHLTG

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
I'm going to regret going down this road as soon as I hit POST but here goes.

The tweat does probably have some merit but just like in any trade, there are multiple pieces. It is very possible that a team has EIGHT 2nds on the table and it is very possible that Windsor is mulling over trying to acquire an '01 or '02 in the deal.

BUT

We are assuming the only player leaving Windsor is DiPietro and the player being added wouldn't reduce the picks from Eight to Four, for example.

So, let's just assume for aguements sake that the team is Ottawa. It is very possible Ottawa has tossed EIGHT 2nds to Windsor in a proposed deal for:

DiPietro
Purboo
Boka

Now, Windsor may want either Jack Quinn or Cam Tolnai, but if they do that it would reduce the deal down to FOUR 2nds.

This is just a different way of looking at the "rumour" and how it omitted certain details that make it more sane.

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
No definitive date other than around WJ time. My last understanding of the deal was 6 2nds and a high end young player. Could that change? Of course. Love to see Salinitri here for himself and the Spits benefit. But hey what do I know?? Lmao

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
I'm going to regret going down this road as soon as I hit POST but here goes.

The tweat does probably have some merit but just like in any trade, there are multiple pieces. It is very possible that a team has EIGHT 2nds on the table and it is very possible that Windsor is mulling over trying to acquire an '01 or '02 in the deal.

BUT

We are assuming the only player leaving Windsor is DiPietro and the player being added wouldn't reduce the picks from Eight to Four, for example.

So, let's just assume for aguements sake that the team is Ottawa. It is very possible Ottawa has tossed EIGHT 2nds to Windsor in a proposed deal for:

DiPietro
Purboo
Boka

Now, Windsor may want either Jack Quinn or Cam Tolnai, but if they do that it would reduce the deal down to FOUR 2nds.

This is just a different way of looking at the "rumour" and how it omitted certain details that make it more sane.

While the Spitfires have a history of dealing their captain - Aaron Luchuk, Patrick Sanvido, Kerby Rychel, Adrian Robertson to name a few - I don't see Boka being dealt right now.

Reactions: DetSpitsFan

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
No definitive date other than around WJ time. My last understanding of the deal was 6 2nds and a high end young player. Could that change? Of course. Love to see Salinitri here for himself and the Spits benefit. But hey what do I know?? Lmao

IF they got someone like Clarke or Tolnai, plus Salinitri, they could make a good run of it even without DiPietro. Use one or two of the picks to bring in a talent, too, and still have plenty left over for the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad