Windsor Spitfires 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Probably they’d like to get it done sooner than later. Seems the longer you wait ..the more likely some will have a change of heart and decide to stand pat or sell. Doubt if any more decide to be buyers..but that’s just my opinion. WR has doubled up on trades before..

In regards to Day it will be interesting if NB made Dineen available and Miss made Hague available. All 3 are offensive minded D I can't see 3 teams being in the market for that type of D. I guess you could throw London in the mix if they decided to sell with Mete.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
A shoe finally dropped.
Spits made a trade.
Decent trade.
Warren squeezed out 1 more pick than I thought luchuk would be worth.
Best of luck to luchuk
Only question about the trade is the picks r for 4 years from now. What about this current cycle. Cupboard is bare.
Guess we will c with a few more players going in next month see what the return will be.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Oh I think the rebuild is in high gear - just give it more time for that to come out.

So we no longer have a Captain - I'm sure it will be after the deadline before one is announced but any thoughts?

I expect no one will be named captain this year. Will c who is on roster next year to name one.

Reactions: RayzorIsDull

DetSpitsFan

Nov 20, 2016
IMHO the one thing that might expedite trading DiPietro is trading Brown & Day. If they along with Luchuk are dealt you could possibly see DiPietro want to head for greener pastures himself. You can imagine what his personal stats will look like without those top 3 in the lineup...

Probably better with how often Day loses the puck in front of the Windsor net and how frequently Brown back checks :sarcasm:

Reactions: windsor7

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Good trade,was hoping the picks would be in 2018 or 19,that being be said happy with the return.
Saw the Luchuk interview on the website,he understandably was emotional.
Douglas will wear #28 when he gets into the lineup,at 6'8"-232 not exactly small,11 inches taller then Luchuk.

I agree...good trade for the Spits.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Lineup changes for Windsor
In- Douglas, Frasca
Out- Brown,Luchuk

Not dressed for Missy
Michael McLeod and Albert Michnac

Also not dressed for Windsor, Dipietro, Vilardi, Larionov, Kitkevicius and Henault.

DetSpitsFan

Nov 20, 2016
Lineup changes for Windsor
In- Douglas, Frasca
Out- Brown,Luchuk

Not dressed for Missy
Michael McLeod and Albert Michnac

Also not dressed for Windsor, Dipietro, Vilardi, Larionov, Kitkevicius and Henault.

Is Brown doing WJ stuff... Or is there another reason he's out? He surely can't be injured again ;)

I do think the Luchuk trade was big. I think WR, Got more than what I would've valued Luchuk at. Great player, good numbers, but being an overager, I'm surprised we got 3 picks and a good player in the deal. In actually pretty excited to watch the kid play. 18 points in 28 games for a 17 year old is worth being excited about, add in the fact he's 6'8" and is willing to use his body and I'm ecstatic.

Even though the picks are a bit in the future, they can always be traded to pickup guys or picks in 18/19. With Brown and Day (IMO) Likely on their way out, I see no issues with the cupboard

spitz fan 4ever

May 13, 2012
Sad to see Luchuk go, but had to happen, was thinking it was going to be a deadline deal....good luck to LUCHUK, and we'll see you back here Thursday, feb 15th, also, interesting stat they just posted on the telecast that Luchuk leads the league with accounting for 50.5%, of spits goals this year....and welcome to Douglas, could develop into a very good player!

Reactions: DetSpitsFan

SpItFiReZ

Jan 4, 2004
Douglas has looked very good tonight. Good on the draw, offensively and picked up a goal.

Patton played well especially late third and OT when his biggest saves of the night happened.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Few thoughts...

- Douglas played very well in his debut. Massive guy and you can tell he's happy to use it when needed, but he'll also refrain if not. Offensive insticts are there and he even gave Purboo props for a nice attempt at one point. If he keeps this up, fan favourite.

- Patton did his job in net. Quicker than Baier but still very calculated. I'm comfortable with him in there.

- Windsor has to stop giving up SHG, especially in close games. If it's 6-1 Windsor and you want to allow one, I won't complain. If it's 3-2, that's different.

- Not a huge crowd tonight. Certainly a quiet one. It's like they were told if they cheered they'd be thrown out.

- McEneny finally gets into a tilt. I was waiting for that. Decent showing against a guy who's had a few in his career.

- No Brown, no DiPietro, no Luchuk... this is close to what we'll see post-deadline, assuming it goes the way it could. Not a bad showing and the kids played their guts out. Take the point.

SpItFiReZ

Jan 4, 2004
DiPietro survives the first round of cuts at the WJ team tryouts. Harvey was cut so now there is 3 goalies trying for 2 spots.

There is a possibility that they go all three. Canada can carry 3 provided Point is the 3rd goalie. CHL goalies have to play at least one game if they are selected from what I understand.

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario
There is a possibility that they go all three. Canada can carry 3 provided Point is the 3rd goalie. CHL goalies have to play at least one game if they are selected from what I understand.

They likely don't go with 3.

Because the Tourney is so close its not really necessary. If the tourney was in Europe, they likely would but this time around i think we will only see 2 and Mikey will be there. Wouldn't shock me if he starts

SpItFiReZ

Jan 4, 2004
Bringing 3 as insurance isn’t a big deal. If 3 are brought, I believe DiPietro is the back up with Point serving as the 3rd goalie and staying in Buffalo. If Point is the back up, Mikey would be essentially on call incase of injury but would be back in the O.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Few thoughts...

- Douglas played very well in his debut. Massive guy and you can tell he's happy to use it when needed, but he'll also refrain if not. Offensive insticts are there and he even gave Purboo props for a nice attempt at one point. If he keeps this up, fan favourite.

- Patton did his job in net. Quicker than Baier but still very calculated. I'm comfortable with him in there.

- Windsor has to stop giving up SHG, especially in close games. If it's 6-1 Windsor and you want to allow one, I won't complain. If it's 3-2, that's different.

- Not a huge crowd tonight. Certainly a quiet one. It's like they were told if they cheered they'd be thrown out.

- McEneny finally gets into a tilt. I was waiting for that. Decent showing against a guy who's had a few in his career.

- No Brown, no DiPietro, no Luchuk... this is close to what we'll see post-deadline, assuming it goes the way it could. Not a bad showing and the kids played their guts out. Take the point.

Solid post

Thoughts on the game
As you mentioned solid game by Patton,the newcomer Douglas didn't look out of place,solid passing,good on draws, scored a PP goal, physical, solid 1st game,2 point games from Corcoran, including his 1st goal,Boka with 2 helpers,the Purboo line with Sirman and MacDougall continues to play well,scored a goal by MacDougall, thought Missy out played Windsor by a bit thru the 1st 3 periods,but thought Windsor was the better team in OT.
Spits now 5-1-1-1 in their last 8 games.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Word around the rink,is Dipietro isn't going anywhere in a trade this season.
Obviously Windsor trying to move Brown and Day.
Another thing I heard was that Vilardi could well be on the move and it's more because the Spits have been told by LA,that there is no intention of him
being sent back next year.While I can't confirm this ,with Vilardi set to return Dec 28 after the break,would be prudent for Windsor to move him prior to him suiting up,dresses for 1 game and a card is burned.
If all is true,Spits should be well into rebuild come trade deadline and before.Things might get interesting.

Reactions: LeafsFan18

member 71782

Solid effort last night. Without Brown or Luchuk up front you can see where the improvement will need to come. Getting more playing time throughout the rest of the line up it will come.

Douglas had a nice start in Windsor. Once he gets some time in with the rest of the team he should be a nice fit.

Patton had a solid showing in his first game. He has work to do but if DiPietro were moved I could see him starting more than Baier the rest of the way. Only one game but he looks more confident than Baier out there.

If Day, Brown and Vilardi are moved I can't see DiPietro wanting to stay knowing he has a young, rebuilding group in front of him who are building towards a time when he will be gone. If he's here so be it if it's his decision to stay but if it's a team decision not to move him I think that's a mistake.

We'll see what happens over the next few weeks.

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
Word around the rink,is Dipietro isn't going anywhere in a trade this season.
Obviously Windsor trying to move Brown and Day.
Another thing I heard was that Vilardi could well be on the move and it's more because the Spits have been told by LA,that there is no intention of him
being sent back next year.While I can't confirm this ,with Vilardi set to return Dec 28 after the break,would be prudent for Windsor to move him prior to him suiting up,dresses for 1 game and a card is burned.
If all is true,Spits should be well into rebuild come trade deadline and before.Things might get interesting.
A question or two..if I may. Since this board has changed its format...How do you go about sending a DM or private message?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad