Windsor Spitfires 2015-16 Season Thread (part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Spits

Many disagree regarding Graves, considering his play this year, including a few scouts I talked to.

But ya JrB kids, that won't impact any game they get into other than providing 5 min of PT, because someone is suspended/injured are savvy, slick, great moves?
Those moves were only made because WR ran outta cards.

Picking up depth players ,those who can't go to NCAA is indeed sharp thinking when out of cards,check on rossyyoungblood's twitter for verification.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Picking up depth players ,those who can't go to NCAA is indeed sharp thinking when out of cards,check on rossyyoungblood's twitter for verification.

And why did he need jrB kids instead of a HrS depth player?

And I could also throw the check "about x scout" report on Graves season and it would suggest a higher grade than Ud give him as a 5/6 journeyman D this year ;)

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Spits

And why did he need jrB kids instead of a HrS depth player?

And I could also throw the check "about x scout" report on Graves season and it would suggest a higher grade than Ud give him as a 5/6 journeyman D this year ;)

You could won't change my mind, just like you don't acknowledge my references, same scout you referenced has some concerns as I re your Knights non deadline moves.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Keep changing ur narrative lol.

I have concerns about them as well lol. I wanted another D. Too pricey I guess, and glad they didn't if it cost too much. ( savingvassets to best your team next year ;) )

Not the point we were discussing thou.
And what scout did I reference? That was you my friend. I didn't name drop ;) Did the scout your referencing like Graves more than you? He wasn't who I was referring to lol bit thanks.

It was specifically Graves n jrB kids as pick ups I discussed.. Ones a non move in your mind and ones shrewd, savvy great Even thou the only reason it was done was shortcomings in card management.

I wanted one more D. No secret. But they did fill 3 of 4 things I did want.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
You could won't change my mind, just like you don't acknowledge my references, same scout you referenced has some concerns as I re your Knights non deadline moves.

I wouldn't expect to change your mind. It's been proven over the last 4 years and you've posted here often enough we all know how your thought process goes. Defend all that's Windsor, regardless of what it is :)
All good my friend.

Good luck, n watch that rear view mirror. Sarnie could be tough.

Even you gotta admit 5th would be a tough spot to get to Cong finals from

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Spits

I have concerns about them as well lol.
Not the point we were discussing.
And what scout did I reference? That was you my friend. I didn't name drop ;) Did the scout your referencing like Graves more than you? He wasn't who I was referring to lol bit thanks.

It was specifically Graves n joB kids. Ones a non move in your mind and ones shrewd, savvy great Even thou the only reason it was done was shortcomings in card management.v

I wanted one more D. No secret. But they did fill 3 of 4 things I did want.

Guess we will see about card mismanagement by season's end should London's 1 or 2 cards remaining goes unused because of waiting for a Milano/Werenski to suddenly appear.
Still have a hard time believing you still think it's card mismanageent when u know what happened re Hughson,having 3 cards before his departure was a non issue, when he left team in lurch things changed, especially a week or so before deadline.
Now if you aren't referring to Hughson please specify and if its Soberg fine,no different then London wasting one on Hidi,every team has regrets on player cards.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Guess we will see about card mismanagement by season's end should London's 1 or 2 cards remaining goes unused because of waiting for a Milano/Werenski to suddenly appear.
Still have a hard time believing you still think it's card mismanageent when u know what happened re Hughson,having 3 cards before his departure was a non issue, when he left team in lurch things changed, especially a week or so before deadline.
Now if you aren't referring to Hughson please specify and if its Soberg fine,no different then London wasting one on Hidi,every team has regrets on player cards.

HL they had 30 cards and ran out. Are short on bodies. To the point where B kids are considered good moves lol.
Hughson was only one card.
But let me ask you, how much better off where they dumping Gig's for how many games of Hughson?
Gig's ain't a #1 but I'm sure most would prefer him and a card than 10-15,games of Hughson lol.
But there more to it than that, it's only one card.

It happens to all teams just admit lol.

And I don't think London saved cards hoping for those two, I think they wanted one more body but price point was too high.

And they still got e tea bodies avail if necessary. Jr A quality bodies that is.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Knights

I wouldn't expect to change your mind. It's been proven over the last 4 years and you've posted here often enough we all know how your thought process goes. Defend all that's Windsor, regardless of what it is :)
All good my friend.

Good luck, n watch that rear view mirror. Sarnie could be tough.

Even you gotta admit 5th would be a tough spot to get to Cong finals from

You have admit finshing 4th will be a tough spot to get to the finals conference too.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
aresknights

I had no problem Windsor moving Giggy for Hughson pretty sure Windsor was satisfied to go with he and Dipietro the rest of the way
Did not expect Hughson to leave Beaudoin too though for different reasons.
My feeling at the end of the day the card thing will be a non issue
And I did say all teams have regrets re card designations, this was different and unexpected. The only move I would not have done was a card on Soberg,to me nothing to do with card shortage,Hughson doesn't leave Soberg',s card is irrelevant,Culina too.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
But let me ask you, how much better off where they dumping Gig's for how many games of Hughson?

You can't predict the Hughson stuff, though. Giggy wasn't giving any confidence and Hughson was available with better career numbers. You do that move 99/100 times. Is DiPietro supposed to struggle so Hughson gets more playing time and sticks around? I don't know how you handle it differently.

As for the Beaudoin stuff - disappointed.

As for the depth moves - they're "good moves" in terms of depth, not talent, necessarily. If a few guys go down for injuries and/or suspensions, you have bodies to bring up. That's been an issue for Windsor over the last few years, so it's good WR addressed it. Nobody is expecting either player to do magic in the OHL.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Spits

You can't predict the Hughson stuff, though. Giggy wasn't giving any confidence and Hughson was available with better career numbers. You do that move 99/100 times. Is DiPietro supposed to struggle so Hughson gets more playing time and sticks around? I don't know how you handle it differently.

As for the Beaudoin stuff - disappointed.

As for the depth moves - they're "good moves" in terms of depth, not talent, necessarily. If a few guys go down for injuries and/or suspensions, you have bodies to bring up. That's been an issue for Windsor over the last few years, so it's good WR addressed it. Nobody is expecting either player to do magic in the OHL.

Solid post,totally agree with your points

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Of the 5 top teams in the Western Conference, Windsor has 2 players who have won Mem Cups,Latour and Eller for Oshawa and Edmonton,only Sarnia has a player who has won a Mem Cup,Mistele.
London, Erie and Kitchener do not have a player who has a Mem Cup.

h10*

Jan 12, 2011
Of the 5 top teams in the Western Conference, Windsor has 2 players who have won Mem Cups,Latour and Eller for Oshawa and Edmonton,only Sarnia has a player who has won a Mem Cup,Mistele.
You are grabbing at straws for that.. They also have about 15 guys that have never played a significant playoff game in their life..

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario

So what? You constantly cherry-pick stats (and not important ones) which favour the Spits. To do that is not being impartial.
E.g. If someone says take a look at the standings, you would prefer to look at the last 10 games and only when those numbers favour the Spits.
At least take a look at my breakdown of stats relating to the "Big 3" on the Knights' board--I don't look for stats to try to pump the tires of my team--I simply let the important stats do the talking.
Continue to hate the Knights, but at least be open-minded. This effort to be a propagandist for the Spits is not impressive.
Come on you can do better.
I've now got Punch ranked #1 for Spits' posters, followed by Windsor7. :)

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC

Wow, this is your most ridiculous cherry picking yet.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
I've now got Punch ranked #1 for Spits' posters, followed by Windsor7.

:amazed: No love :laugh:

As for playoff experience - I think the key for Windsor is to utilize the knowledge of guys like Lemieux, Eller, and Latour as best they can this year, then use it to their fullest next year. Having veterans like those guys will prove invaluable this season, not just for getting us into a bit of a run, but for showing the younger guys who haven't been there what it takes to get the job done over the long-haul in April and, hopefully, May. Windsor doesn't have much playoff experience, compared to other teams, but they can use the knowledge they do have to get ready for next year, similar to what happened in 2008.

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
Goodnight, goodnight,goodnight

As the old saying goes Opinions are like azz holes everyone has one and you don't need mine
It's been a slice Spitty fans but I think the time has come for me to take my opinions and leave on a high note.
I wish all the best to the fans on this board...hope I didn't offend too many. The Spits will turn things around,if not this year then next.
Goodnight,goodnight,goodnight. It's time to say goodnight. We've had a few laughs now it's time to toddleoo goodnight goodnight goodnight...

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
:amazed: No love :laugh:

As for playoff experience - I think the key for Windsor is to utilize the knowledge of guys like Lemieux, Eller, and Latour as best they can this year, then use it to their fullest next year. Having veterans like those guys will prove invaluable this season, not just for getting us into a bit of a run, but for showing the younger guys who haven't been there what it takes to get the job done over the long-haul in April and, hopefully, May. Windsor doesn't have much playoff experience, compared to other teams, but they can use the knowledge they do have to get ready for next year, similar to what happened in 2008.

You're moving up in the rankings. I've got you at number 2 now behind Windsor7 (given Punch's unfortunate departure). Look out if Rayzor comes back--he gets the number one spot! :laugh::naughty:

may know

Apr 19, 2002
Visit site

Team x is 10-0 when it's 10+ degrees celsius outside. Good sign for spring hockey.

That's how stupid cherry picking stats is.

Geez. :help:

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Like Mark Seidel's comment re the West and the East and the respective powerhouses.
The difference is that all 3 in the East, Barrie,Kingston,Niagara are all in and older,where as all 5 teams in the West are young,speaking of London, Erie,Windsor,Kitchener and Sarnia.
To add to his comment,the teams in the East will lose their starting tenders after this season, while in the West,only Erie with Williams loses their starter.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
You're moving up in the rankings. I've got you at number 2 now behind Windsor7 (given Punch's unfortunate departure). Look out if Rayzor comes back--he gets the number one spot! :laugh::naughty:

Rayzor is in the building. He posted the other day. Just not on this thread. Did someone besmirch him? Unlike me he is a very constructive intelligent poster that enhanced the arguments on these forums. Going to miss reading Punch's post. He is informative and injected humour into this thread. Hate to see him ride off into the sunset.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Rayzor is in the building. He posted the other day. Just not on this thread. Did someone besmirch him? Unlike me he is a very constructive intelligent poster that enhanced the arguments on these forums. Going to miss reading Punch's post. He is informative and injected humour into this thread. Hate to see him ride off into the sunset.

There's no denying that Windsor has some good posters here. Rayzor keeps the homers honest. Maybe Punch will reconsider, if not at least he pulled a "Kostanza".;)

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Like Mark Seidel's comment re the West and the East and the respective powerhouses.
The difference is that all 3 in the East, Barrie,Kingston,Niagara are all in and older,where as all 5 teams in the West are young,speaking of London, Erie,Windsor,Kitchener and Sarnia.
To add to his comment,the teams in the East will lose their starting tenders after this season, while in the West,only Erie with Williams loses their starter.

Because for the most partt part he agrees with you lol.
But you don't favour ( or acknowledge) those scouts with a view contrary to yours ( all Graves)
And what does goaltender age matter :)

Last edited:

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Spits

Because for the most partt part he agrees with you lol.
But you don't favour ( or acknowledge) those scouts with a view contrary to yours ( all Graves)
And what does goaltender age matter :)

I noticed you do the same refuse to acknowledge other scouts views
As for the goalie and age,or any position for that its an exception more then the rule and in this case I take the exception

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad