Windsor Spitfires 2015-16 Season Thread (part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Not surprised Windsor picked up a player not playing in the league to use as an affiliate with the thin roster in mind,they are familiar with Brett Primeau-RW-97 born right hand shot,was a real good player with LA Salle as a 17 year old
Depth guy,smart move.

Spitsy

Mar 21, 2015
Brendan probably much better off away from that gong show. Kirwan probably cursing WR under his breath ever time he thinks of getting sent to the OHL's version of purgatory....

Too bad Johnny didn't get a chance when Moran was stinking up the joint. Kid got a raw deal here imho and got the same thing in Flint. Chatham Maroons will be glad to get him back, he was doing very good for them before he left. I'm sure Kirwan will benefit from a change of scenery but probably wishes he wasn't dealt to the OHL soap opera.....He looked pretty good on Friday night against London.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Spits

My guess is yes,but not sure,so for instance Windsor could trade a pick/ prospect to Niagara for dman Ryan Sarris playing for LaSalle whom they own,because LA Salle is affiliate and so is player he could be picked up.

This is what I said the Spits might do to add affiliate depth if they acquired Ryan Sarris from Niagara
They did that today.Note the date I posted.
Date was Jan 8

Last edited:

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Spits

Well the trade deadline is 13 hours away,12 noon, and here is my view currently.
Windsor is done,no cards to add to their roster whether they trade for prospects that can be signed and used in emergency while toiling for their Jr teams remains to be seen
London- so far this trade deadline overall they have been more sizzle then steak ,caused stir on a slow news by trading for Sonny Milano,so far no indication that he is coming,even more so Zach Werenski,who has shot down rumours that he is leaving Michigan.Other then acquiring a journeyman D and signing a Euro forward who has played little this season, no CHL experience, Knights are behind Windsor,Sarnia and Kitchener in adding talent prior to the deadline.
However lot of time to do something would not put it past them didn't get all those picks to admire them.
That being they may stand pat
Kitchener- some reports say they are not done, for their sake they could use a dman and maybe a forward, guys with some jam,think Sadowy Peters or Wood.
Sarnia might in the mix for a D,have done very good so far.
Erie has done nothing, and looks they won't change their modus operandi.
Could be interesting tomorrow for some just not Windsor.

I posted this yesterday,note Windsor picked up Brett Primeau-RW-97
to play in LA Salle..
Warren must read my posts☺

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Well with the trade deadline over,this is how I would rate them in terms of improvement adding prior to and at the deadline.

1-Sarnia- adding Konecny, Studnicka,Graham,Paliani, especially the 1st,has made them better.
2- Windsor- getting Lemieux, Chatham, Eller for a song or free,stroke of genius,beefed up already decent forward corps.
3-Kitchener- getting Jeremy Bracco in and adding Miles Liberati early prior to the prices going nuts was smart,ala London should Fabbri come in they would be along side Sarnia,probably ahead,don't see it happening.
4-London- As one poster noted they stand pat and do nothing,well they almost did that, picking up a journeyman D,a 5-6 guy at best on a Mem Cup team, as well as a 4th line shift disturber, not impactful but did not mortgage the future,they can sit and admire the picks that Basil got in other deals.
That being said should Milano show, will make things interesting,though based on info it looks unlikely he shows
Forgot to mention they did add an import forward unproven at the CHL.
5-Erie- with limited assets did nothing, I predict they will pay for their in action sooner then later come playoff time.
The same London said London could do nothing and win the conference or lose as well.
I agree,except the same can be said of the other 4 teams,Erie, Windsor, Kitchener and Sarnia.
All have weaknesses no clear cut favorite, alot of parity.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Well with the trade deadline over,this is how I would rate them in terms of improvement adding prior to and at the deadline.

1-Sarnia- adding Konecny, Studnicka,Graham,Paliani, especially the 1st,has made them better.
2- Windsor- getting Lemieux, Chatham, Eller for a song or free,stroke of genius,beefed up already decent forward corps.
3-Kitchener- getting Jeremy Bracco in and adding Miles Liberati early prior to the prices going nuts was smart,ala London should Fabbri come in they would be along side Sarnia,probably ahead,don't see it happening.
4-London- As one poster noted they stand pat and do nothing,well they almost did that, picking up a journeyman D,a 5-6 guy at best on a Mem Cup team, as well as a 4th line shift disturber, not impactful but did not mortgage the future,they can sit and admire the picks that Basil got in other deals.
That being said should Milano show, will make things interesting,though based on info it looks unlikely he shows
Forgot to mention they did add an import forward unproven at the CHL.
5-Erie- with limited assets did nothing, I predict they will pay for their in action sooner then later come playoff time.
The same London said London could do nothing and win the conference or lose as well.
I agree,except the same can be said of the other 4 teams,Erie, Windsor, Kitchener and Sarnia.
All have weaknesses no clear cut favorite, alot of parity.

Don't completely disagree with your placement of London (I have them at 3 right now). But your analysis of Graves is outdated - Gens fans were high on him all year, and he's looked very good in the games he's played for us. More of a #3-4 guy.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Knights

Don't completely disagree with your placement of London (I have them at 3 right now). But your analysis of Graves is outdated - Gens fans were high on him all year, and he's looked very good in the games he's played for us. More of a #3-4 guy.

I had London at 4 not where I rate them,but how they did prior to and at the deadline
Bracco and Liberati imo are better
additions then Graves, Heffernan and the unproven Euro.

h10*

Jan 12, 2011
I had London at 4 not where I rate them,but how they did prior to and at the deadline

If you add Bracco as an add for Kitchener then Cernak is an add for Erie. Got him just like London got their euro. Free and huge impact. 1-2 defenseman

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012

Ah, missed the first part of your post.

Yeah, in terms of improvement, Sarnia and Windsor are run-away #1 and #2. Windsor did it cheaply...Sarnia blew their bank, and I think it will cost them dearly in the future. Followed by Kit, London and Erie...so your list seems right to me.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
More then hockey person has said Rychel's pickups of Primeau and Sarris with no cards lefts,but B players with no NCAA eligibility left was shrewd
Call-up possibles
I agree,wish he added one more..

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
More then hockey person has said Rychel's pickups of Primeau and Sarris with no cards lefts,but B players with no NCAA eligibility left was shrewd
Call-up possibles
I agree,wish he added one more..

Is that cause they didn't any in system avail for callus that are serviceable? Just asking.
They can fill in but those guys rarely make a difference in games, but do provide filler.
Teams need those options.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
I actually really like Graves. He's not flash-and-dash, but he's a big body who stands up for teammates and is reliable in his own end. If Windsor would have been able to grab him, no complaints here. It's a good pickup for London.

Regarding Sarnia - I don't blame them. The West is fairly wide open and they have a chance to make some noise. The fans there deserve a winner and, with new ownership, the team is showing they're willing to go big. Props.

Regarding Windsor trades - I like bringing a couple local guys back home as call-ups (Serris is local, right?). Doesn't cost much, if anything, and it gives us nice depth both up front and on the line. Props to WR for the clever moves.

They can fill in but those guys rarely make a difference in games, but do provide filler.

Agreed. You don't need guys who are going to play 30-min a night and score 2-3 points...at least not in this case. These guys will provide essential depth to ensure guys like Nother/Stanley or Luchuk/Vilardi don't over-do themselves during games. I'd rather see Stanley/Vilardi effective with 15-min a game icetime (approx) and one of these fillers playing 5-min, than Vilardi/Stanley playing 20 min and losing effectiveness due to fatigue.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Spits

I actually really like Graves. He's not flash-and-dash, but he's a big body who stands up for teammates and is reliable in his own end. If Windsor would have been able to grab him, no complaints here. It's a good pickup for London.

Regarding Sarnia - I don't blame them. The West is fairly wide open and they have a chance to make some noise. The fans there deserve a winner and, with new ownership, the team is showing they're willing to go big. Props.

Regarding Windsor trades - I like bringing a couple local guys back home as call-ups (Serris is local, right?). Doesn't cost much, if anything, and it gives us nice depth both up front and on the line. Props to WR for the clever moves.

Disagree about Graves,not an impact guy, tough yes,average at best.
Primeau is local, Belle River,Sarris no,but was acquired by LA Salle 1-2 weeks ago.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Spits

Is that cause they didn't any in system avail for callus that are serviceable? Just asking.

Actually a few would be available from LA Salle,I am sure Warren knows who would be willing to play and give up eligibility NCAA if they are needed.
As well I am sure he knows who else would be available organization wise if needs arise.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Spitfires and Erie are the 2 hottest teams in the league in the league during the past 10 games, both sporting 8-2 records.
London is 2nd with a 7-2-1 record.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
During the Spits 8-2 run in the last games,Spits have scored 46 goals and have allowed 26 goals plus 2 empty netters. In fact the Spits allowed 6 goals in a 7-6 win over Saggy in one game and 5 against Sarnia in a loss,the other 8 games 15 goals against excluding an empty netter.
Michael Dipietro is 5-0 in this stretch and allowed 13 goals,but he allowed 6 in the 1 game and only 7 in the other 4 starts.
The other rookie tender Mario Culina is 2-1 and has allowed 5 goals for a 1.67 ave.
The departed Garrett Hughson went 1-1,allowed 8 goals.
Not sure if they miss him
Considering his self imposed .exile

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Aside from Lemieux, Chatham, Nother brought in on trades, these are the draft picks brought in for trades, for Stefano,Vertiy,Murray,Kirwan,Giggy,
Johnston,1-2nd,2-3rds,3-4ths,2-6ths and 1-10th- 9 picks in all
These picks went out
1-2nd,2-3rds,1-6th,1-10th,2-15th
7 picks in all
As well bringing in free Agent Mario Culina-Goalie,and waiver Pick-up Madds Eller
Toss in depth players Brett Primeau-RW-97 and Ryan Sarris-,dman-97
Overall pretty good asset management so far, notwithstanding the unexpected departures of goalie Garret Hughson and forward Daniel Beaudoin.
Those who think there was card mismanagement are not aware of what goes on.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Disagree about Graves,not an impact guy, tough yes,average at best.
Primeau is local, Belle River,Sarris no,but was acquired by LA Salle 1-2 weeks ago.

Many disagree regarding Graves, considering his play this year, including a few scouts I talked to.

But ya JrB kids, that won't impact any game they get into other than providing 5 min of PT, because someone is suspended/injured are savvy, slick, great moves?
Those moves were only made because WR ran outta cards.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad