Windham Rotunda aka Bray Wyatt has passed away

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I would guess Funk was slated (and probably still will) receive the graphic before the show begins then at some point during the episode the commentators acknowledge his passing and one of those 3-5 minute video packages air that has highlights and thoughts from wrestlers and other industry personnel.

If during the ten bell salute they had the ringside area dark with a spotlight on the rocking chair and lantern it could be a powerful sight, maybe a hat hanging or sitting on the chair. Guess we will find out tomorrow what happens. Even if it isn't a non-storyline tribute show they may still film all who wish to participate speaking about Bray and slot those in between matches and/or commercial breaks.
They released that video on Wednesday already:

---------------------

Not the best kind of news to find out when I woke up before going to work. Probably better that I didn't come here before going to bed when the news broke. RIP Windham Rotunda. :(

savebyrichter94

CALM LIKE A BOMB
Sep 14, 2008
PA
Wrestling through the years has been an escape, an outlet, it’s given me so many great moments, so many highs but also some terrible lows, this is at the top cause as much as I idolized Ultimate Warrior, Macho Man, Razor Ramon etc in my youth they didn’t seem as relatable as characters as I continued to grow whereas Bray tapped into a lot of the pure emotions of life, lots of tears shed over this but they can’t equal the tears of his family and closest friends, I hope peace finds them all especially his children

Last edited:

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
I think Bray Wyatt is the 5th roster member to have died in WWE history. Am I missing someone?

Bray Wyatt
Chris Benoit
Eddie Guerrero
Owen Hart
Brian Pillman

6 if you count referee Joey Marella.

I was thinking maybe Adrian Adonis and Texas Tornado but looks like they were out of WWE by the time they died.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
I think Bray Wyatt is the 5th roster member to have died in WWE history. Am I missing someone?

Bray Wyatt
Chris Benoit
Eddie Guerrero
Owen Hart
Brian Pillman

I was thinking maybe Adrian Adonis and Texas Tornado but looks like they were out of WWE by the time they died.

I thought Kerry Von Erich was one, but he left the WWF a few months before passing

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

Bray Wyatt
Chris Benoit
Eddie Guerrero
Owen Hart
Brian Pillman

When you hear about the guys who’ve passed away so young, I’m surprised it’s that few.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I'll bet Roman closes the show tonight and leaves his Lei in the ring for Bray.

This show is gonna suck. Legit waterworks. Dude was the best gimmick in years and years.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
It will be odd but they have to mention Terry Funk on a show that will mostly be about Bray Wyatt. Funk will probably get a graphic, the announcers briefly mentioning him and a video tribute. There's no way around it but you just know there will be people out there criticizing WWE for minimizing Funk's death.

Reactions: CDJ

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
The tribute shows are always tough to watch. AFAIK, WWE lets talent choose to participate or not, but some of them have felt not just sad, but really voyeuristic, and as if you're watching someone's private grief and shouldn't be.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The tribute shows are always tough to watch. AFAIK, WWE lets talent choose to participate or not, but some of them have felt not just sad, but really voyeuristic, and as if you're watching someone's private grief and shouldn't be.

I see a lot of fans saying Bo HAS to be on TV tonight and wrestle the main event and I'm like, no? Dude does not need to be anywhere near this show if he doesn't want to be. Let him mourn how he wants

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming

Bray Wyatt
Chris Benoit
Eddie Guerrero
Owen Hart
Brian Pillman

1 accident. 2 if you count Joey * gorilla monsoons kid. 1 murderer. 3 heart related

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017

Bray Wyatt
Chris Benoit
Eddie Guerrero
Owen Hart
Brian Pillman

Quickdraw Rick McGraw died while on the active roster in 1985. He had a drug induced heart attack a couple days after they aired a segment where Roddy Piper beat the living hell out of him (which was taped a month earlier), and since kayfabe was still a big deal back then a lot of people caalled in to the WWF because they thought that Piper actually killed him. I think that's the only one I can find.

I can't confirm or deny because none of the match listing sites really compile manager info, but I think Grand Wizard was still with the WWF when he died in 1983.

Edit: Looked it up and the Piper segment aired the morning after McGraw died. I guess it was harder to pull a tape and replace segments that quickly back then, but oof.

Reactions: CDJ and Megahab

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I literally saw this man out in the parking lot of the Brooksville Publix supermarket with the biggest smile on his face happy as can be with (what appear to be) his family just a few months ago. Jesus Christ this hurts me as a fan. I can't even imagine what his family is going through. All my love their way

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Absolutely gutted at the news. One of the reason i got back into wrestling was Swamp Bray. While it had its blemishes I absolutely loved The Fiend. Wad happy he came back and was eagerly waiting for his return. He was only 36..

RIP.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Iyo's title match against Vega and Rey wrestling Waller are still advertised for tonight.

Jimmy Uso's segment has been removed from the run down.

Wouldn't surprise me if the Rey match becomes a No DQ so they can honor Funk in it.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
Same. It’s crazy looking at the talent on that list.

All were just incredibly talented men.
4 of the 5 are in my top 20 favourites of all time. Pillman probably would have got there but I only discovered him a year before he died.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad