GDT: Wind @ Snow 10/21 | 10pm

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
The powerplay, despite not scoring, was moving the puck better than our PP has in years. They moved the puck quickly in a way that was hard for the D to predict and adapt to, actually took decent shots, and managed to get the D and goalie moving in significant lanes. They got themselves lanes and big giant open nets to shoot at :)facepalm: Rask...). If they keep doing that, results will come.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Rask and Lindholm made several great passes. That miss wasn't that bad, it's been forever since the PP has gotten a chance like that through actual zone possession.

The confirmation bias for Rask will continue. You can not stop it.

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
he barely even grazed the guy despite jumping lolol

easy call, but that is two penalties where you at least have to make it worth it if you are going to take them

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
These West Coast refs are not messing around.

BTW, I think I have it figured out. Bill Peters comes in, instills a culture of working hard, working as a team, etc.: while the on-ice team sucks and gets high draft picks. When our high draft picks and late round talent starts to become NHL talent, we miss the playoffs narrowly and Francis fires Peters.

Then Brind'Amour takes over as coach and takes the team, now ripe with young talent, to the playoffs and (ideally) some consistency.

in which direction? i think, after faulk, he's been our best player this year.

He's been excellent, I think. A few wobbles defensively, solid offensively. Good chemistry with Lindholm.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
well, colorado doesnt look like a good team, but they sure look like theyre fun to watch on a regular basis... not a great three zone game, but once they establish possession...

TheOllieC

cajun filet
Jul 12, 2013
Charlotte, NC
well then again mackinnon, duchene, landeskog are more skilled than any forward on the canes so that probably has something to do with it

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
They look faster and more confident than Canes do.

If you're talking about the last two PPs, the Canes opened up better shooting lanes. Colorado looked fast and confident, but the Canes kept them from getting the kind of looks that Rask got. Lots of movement around the perimeter, but not much that forced the D into unexpected and uncomfortable places.

Obviously 2 minutes for each is a small sample size, but while CO looked more confident there, I think the Canes generated more quality openings.

That last Canes PP was a good one. Maybe not perfect, but it was quite good.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: