Post-Game Talk: WIN!!! - WCQF - Game 4 - Nashville at Colorado - NSH Leads 3-1 - 4/18/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
We lose tonight, win on Friday and then win game six.

I think....

This is what I refer to as the Red Wing series scenario... in which we are the Red Wings(ugh)

I'd much prefer a 2007 Sharks series scenario.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
watching NHL hockey central on NHL network and they lead in on a segment how rinne is going to win the vezina but they pretty much have no confidence in him in the playoffs. tonight is a big night for rinne assuming he starts. no early goals please.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
This is what I refer to as the Red Wing series scenario... in which we are the Red Wings(ugh)

I'd much prefer a 2007 Sharks series scenario.
we won in 5 games against detroit in 2012 although we lost game 2 so i guess that ruins it.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I just try to keep in mind how many times we were the 8 seed in the past and won a game or two in those series. Only to see us eventually lose and the winning team go on to some type of glory.

It's definitely weird being on the other side where each loss is looked at like its the end of the world, team is going nowhere, blah blah blah.

The Preds could lose this series. But i'll be looking forward to seeing what they look like when they're finally forced to play desperate survive at all costs hockey again. Seems like they need something to trigger that since they're having trouble self starting.

Reactions: FierceFalcon

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
we won in 5 games against detroit in 2012 although we lost game 2 so i guess that ruins it.

I'm talking the two Detroit 1 v 8 series. In both of those we lost two in Detroit but felt like we should have won at least one, then won two at home, then lost games 5 and 6.

Edit... I see jonesy beat me to it..

Reactions: Jonesey

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
I'm talking the two Detroit 1 v 8 series. In both of those we lost two in Detroit but felt like we should have won at least one, then won two at home, then lost games 5 and 6.

Edit... I see jonesy beat me to it..
yep yall are right. we had zero business playing those wings teams as tough as we did. i would love to combine those early playoff Preds team's heart and effort with our current team's talent and skill level.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
yep yall are right. we had zero business playing those wings teams as tough as we did. i would love to combine those early playoff Preds team's heart and effort with our current team's talent and skill level.
Not to be argumentative but don't you think that is just a tad bit of a harsh statement towards this team?? This team to me has shown plenty of heart and effort this year. Not time YET to question that at all........ (and please notice I said "yet")

Reactions: NoNecksCurse

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Apparently Salomaki participating in drills usually reserved for scratches- along with Tolvanen and Hartnell

Jarnkrok returning tonight????
This is my assumption. I'm sure it was mentioned but I was off the boards yesterday... but he was finally a full participant in practice.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Nice bonus if he comes back but the Avs were without their #1D, #3D and their #1G and laughed us out of the building. He's not a game changer.

Reactions: predfan98

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Nice bonus if he comes back but the Avs were without their #1D, #3D and their #1G and laughed us out of the building. He's not a game changer.

He's not a direct game changer but I do think he is the type of player that can prevent a goal that might get scored if his replacement is in the game. That could be enough indirectly.

Reactions: FierceFalcon

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
If the Preds play like bunch of f***ers tonight I'll be worried and they're gonna have a ton of pressure on Friday. However, I'm willing to mark Monday as a work accident..

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Keep in mind to Jarnkrok is loved by these guys, we saw what happened when Fisher came back who was also loved by these guys. Jarnkrok making his return alone could give these guys some extra jump. He's not a world beater but he is far far better than Salomaki.

Mustard

Jan 26, 2011
Nashville
I think our guys were collectively VERY pissed off after the game Monday. I see us winning big. I feel less nervous about this game than the others, for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad