Post-Game Talk: WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - WCF - Game 6 - Anaheim 3 at Nashville 6 - NSH Wins 4-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puckrobber

Backup Netminder
Feb 28, 2016
Central Oklahoma
Congrats to the Predators & all their supporters! :handclap:

As a Kings fan who had to wait 26 years for our 1st Finals appearance in 1993, and 45 years for our 1st Stanley Cup in 2012, enjoy this time like you've never done before. You never know when (or if) you'll get to enjoy it again.

And a special shout out to Mr. Pekka Rinne! He deserves this moment in the spotlight, being as lights out as he has been. Good luck, Preds Nation! :yo:

ManiacCaniac

Nov 7, 2005
As a Caniac, I'm delighted to see the Preds in the finals. Canes and Preds are similar in many ways, two hockey teams and fan bases in non-traditional markets. We won a cup and now it's your turn. Hope Lavi gets another. Go Preds!:handclap::handclap:

jwhouk

Former Cheesehead, Always a Preds Fan
Apr 19, 2004
Valley of the Sun
jwhouk.net
It's really funny, watching that game last night. After those first two goals, I saw something - these guys weren't going to quit.

Anaheim was playing desperate, undisciplined hockey. The Preds were playing that historical workman-like game that they've been famous for for decades.

I lost a bit of hope when Fowler tied it up, but as soon as Sissons scored what would turn out to be his hat-trick goal, I knew - they weren't going to lose.

There were plenty of points during the first two periods that I'd have said, if you didn't know who was who, you'd laugh to find out it was the guys in white who were the team with all the playoff experience and two finals appearances.

When these two teams play in the regular season next year (oh, PLEASE, NHL schedule makers, make it opening night), I'd put the over-under at total combined PIM's at about 50.

Meanwhile: bring on the winner of PIT/OTT.

Last edited:

tampa pred

Jul 8, 2014
Yeah I know, it's a bit unfair to Weber and Jones.

I agree with Gnashville that it should say Suter, Spezza and Vesey

It's fair to Weber. I often complained about the trade while watching games with my wife during the first 1/2 of the season. Her response was always that Poile would have never made the trade had Weber not signed the offer sheet. Even though I loved Weber, I think that she is right. We've probably all justified (or excused) him for signing it as "just business", but the fact is that he wanted to go play for a big market. He did it to himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad