Win or McDavid?

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
MN and LA won again, Wpg leads. Those just above us aren't going to coast. Not sure when the whiff of playoff hope officially ends, but when it does, I hope we rest everyone, even to the point of removing the Texas Stars from the AHL playoffs to sub here instead.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
I keep seeing people on twitter blindly think that we have a chance.

If you've watched this team this season and you also have a semi-functioning brain, you should be able to come to the realization that the playoffs are an absolute impossibility.

I don't give a **** if Winnipeg loses to Vancouver. It's all over tomorrow night with a loss against the Flames. Then these fools can return to planet Earth.

LT

XXXX - XXXX - X___ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
Eh.

I'll keep cheering for the team and the playoffs will be in the back of my mind.

At this point though, I'm cheering mostly for Jamie to contend for the Art Ross and for Seguin to try and hit 40 goals (both unlikely, but more likely than the playoffs).

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
0.9% chance.

Cheer for the young guys and the boys in green to put up a fight. Jamie keep getting points and Seguin scoring goals. Sure.

However, with 9 games left I don't think I've been so disinterested in hockey in a while. There's no difference in going 8-1 than there is going 1-8, except the fact that the BPA on the draft board gets slightly worse if the number in the W column continues to increase.

LT

XXXX - XXXX - X___ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
I understand the fan's point of view, I really do. The draft is one of my favorite days of the year and it sucks that we won't be picking as highly as we could've.

But can you really not help but cheer on the team when they score, when they play well?

I don't know, we're beating a dead a horse here. I think everyone's chosen their side, there's not much left to argue, if anything.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
The last couple games all I did after any goal was laugh with my friends.

Mostly because we were beating the top teams in the league like Chicago and Pittsburgh and then see-sawed against Buffalo.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
I keep seeing people on twitter blindly think that we have a chance.

If you've watched this team this season and you also have a semi-functioning brain, you should be able to come to the realization that the playoffs are an absolute impossibility.

I don't give a **** if Winnipeg loses to Vancouver. It's all over tomorrow night with a loss against the Flames. Then these fools can return to planet Earth.

Don't tell me there's not a chance, Satan! Until it's OVER and we are mathematically eliminated... and don't think I won't as for that math to be triple-checked...then there's still a chaaaaance!!! ;)

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
McDavid Tank Watch

The bad news:

Our little foray into playing quality hockey has taken us out of contention for the #7 or #8 pick in Bluechippertonville. We now sit in more familiar territory for Dallas fan...no need to panic, we're "safe" now at the #12 Draft Seed. Status quo right? (big-time sarcasm)

The good news:

I doubt we have much more room to go downward in the draft. Boston is the only catchable team above us, sitting at 4 points ahead in the same games played...thankfully even to "achieve" that would take some doing. We aren't catching Hammond and the Sens or LA above that. Basically it can't get much worse guys. The margin between 12th and 9th is still hair-thin with the Sharks (#9 Draft Seed) sitting only 2 points below us, so we could get back into that top 10 still and back into the better tier where we COULD see Werenski or Provorov in Victory Green.

Current Draft Seed: 12th (disgusting)

Last edited:

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
It seems like or magic number for elimination is some combo of 10 points for us, and lost points for WPG. We can get up to 98 points, and they need 10 to get there, where they would probably edge us on ROW.

DAL

9-0 - 98 points (WPG must go 4-3-1 or less, LAK WC team must go 5-3-1 or less)
8-1 - 96 points (WPG must go 3-4-1 or less, LAK WC team must go 4-4-1 or less)
7-2 - 94 points (WPG must go 2-5-1 or less, LAK WC team must go 3-5-1 or less)
6-3 - 92 points (WPG must go 1-5-2 or less, LAK WC team must go 2-6-1 or less)
5-4 - 90 points (WPG must go 0-7-1 or less, LAK WC team must go 1-7-1 or less)

Either CAL or LA will make it as the third seed in the PAC, so we have to pass one or the other, who are tied at 86 points with 9 to go. Calgary already has 40 ROW, WPG 38, LAK 36, Stars 35, so if we get 7-8-9 Wins, CAL actually needs to go only 1, 2, and 3 wins, for an even lower win % than LAK.

9-0 - 98 points (WPG must go 4-3-1 or less, CAL must go 3-0-6 or less)
8-1 - 96 points (WPG must go 3-4-1 or less, CAL must go 2-1-6 or less)
7-2 - 94 points (WPG must go 2-5-1 or less, CAL must go 1-2-6 or less)
6-3 - 92 points (WPG must go 1-5-2 or less, CAL must go 0-3-6 or less)
5-4 - 90 points (WPG must go 0-7-1 or less, CAL must go 0-6-3 or less)

My quick math may be off a bit, but its pretty daunting no matter what. 3 other teams are unlikely to play sub .500 hockey while we run the table.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
It seems like or magic number for elimination is some combo of 10 points for us, and lost points for WPG. We can get up to 98 points, and they need 10 to get there, where they would probably edge us on ROW.

DAL

9-0 - 98 points (WPG must go 4-3-1 or less, LAK WC team must go 5-3-1 or less)
8-1 - 96 points (WPG must go 3-4-1 or less, LAK WC team must go 4-4-1 or less)
7-2 - 94 points (WPG must go 2-5-1 or less, LAK WC team must go 3-5-1 or less)
6-3 - 92 points (WPG must go 1-5-2 or less, LAK WC team must go 2-6-1 or less)
5-4 - 90 points (WPG must go 0-7-1 or less, LAK WC team must go 1-7-1 or less)

Either CAL or LA will make it as the third seed in the PAC, so we have to pass one or the other, who are tied at 86 points with 9 to go. Calgary already has 40 ROW, WPG 38, LAK 36, Stars 35, so if we get 7-8-9 Wins, CAL actually needs to go only 1, 2, and 3 wins, for an even lower win % than LAK.

9-0 - 98 points (WPG must go 4-3-1 or less, CAL must go 3-0-6 or less)
8-1 - 96 points (WPG must go 3-4-1 or less, CAL must go 2-1-6 or less)
7-2 - 94 points (WPG must go 2-5-1 or less, CAL must go 1-2-6 or less)
6-3 - 92 points (WPG must go 1-5-2 or less, CAL must go 0-3-6 or less)
5-4 - 90 points (WPG must go 0-7-1 or less, CAL must go 0-6-3 or less)

My quick math may be off a bit, but its pretty daunting no matter what. 3 other teams are unlikely to play sub .500 hockey while we run the table.

Realistically, it's been dunzos since the fateful Friday the 13th game against Florida...maybe even a little earlier. As much as it pains me to see our draft swirling around the toilet bowl, Nemeth and Ritchie are very encouraging for next season.

masinaLFC

Apr 2, 2014
Banska Bystrica, SVK
This is what Sabres fans were saying the whole season about the Stars.. Lindys heroic run for the 9th place.. Now, when I know what they've been through for all that years with this crap, I wish they'll get McDavid :shakehead

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
This is what Sabres fans were saying the whole season about the Stars.. Lindys heroic run for the 9th place.. Now, when I know what they've been through for all that years with this crap, I wish they'll get McDavid :shakehead

9th place is the best guys(lisp).

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
With the 13th or 14th overall pick in the 2015 NHL Entry Draft the Dallas Stars are proud to select from the....

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
With the 13th or 14th overall pick in the 2015 NHL Entry Draft the Dallas Stars are proud to select from the....

Jeremy Roy of the Sherbrooke Phoenix. Maybe we can still hope for people continuing to underrate J. Roy.

Kyle Connor of the...whatever.

I could see Barzal falling a bit because he doesn't put the puck in the net.

Here we are again picking probably in the 3rd echelon of talent...again. Hoping for a faller. Our draft has as many sequels as the Fast and Furious.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
Reality...it's rough.

But hey...if we lose tomorrow, San Jose beats Philly, and the Avs beat BUF...all conceivable...then we reclaim the 9th Draft Seed. Not too shabby.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad