Win or McDavid?

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
Nah man that poll is totally legit, the Stars have a lot of fans in China or something like that...

Edit: On second thought you might be on to something that does look a bit off. I'll get my abacus out and run some numbers, I'll be back with my results in 2137.

Last edited:

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
What happened to your poll???

trstse.png

We obviously want McDavid

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Per SportsClubStats

Dallas' chances at seeding for these positions for the Draft Lottery.

7. 4%
8. 11%
9. 30%
10. 24%
11. 16%
12. 9%

13. 4%
14. 1%

which means our chance at winning Connor McDavid ranges from 1% - 6%, but more realistically, 6% - 2.5%.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
Per SportsClubStats

Dallas' chances at seeding for these positions for the Draft Lottery.

7. 4%
8. 11%
9. 30%
10. 24%
11. 16%
12. 9%

13. 4%
14. 1%

which means our chance at winning Connor McDavid ranges from 1% - 6%, but more realistically, 6% - 2.5%.

After looking at our remaining schedule, I think we go 5-6, with a couple loser points. So maybe 12 points in 11 games. That'd put us at 88 points and drafting probably 10th or 11th....just on the outside of the sweet spot as always. Meaning we'll get a Zacha or a Collin White. At 10th or 11th, you're at that range where unless there is a faller, you might even trade down and pick up another 2nd. Go with quantity because the quality is questionable. This year is such a wash outside of Klingberg and to a lesser extent Ritchie....and really those two were products of their draft years, not this year, so this season will likely just be another wash and maybe a setback even with the tragedy that occurred between the pipes.

Last edited:

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
McDavid Tank Watch

Oh yes! The tank watch is back. Tonight we need a little help from our friends. Here's to pulling for the Devils to do their job and beat the league-worst Sabres...should be easy enough. If they do win, they will have 3 points less than us in the same number of games played. They have a greater chance of passing us than the Flyers who have 2 games few remaining in the season than we do. More pressing though is the need for the Avs to upset the Ducks tonight who are positioned precariously above us with only 1 point more and 1 game in hand. Gotta get some breathing room between us and Colorado. Good thing Colorado is playing some good hockey as of late. A potential slip to 11th-ish vs. 8th or 9th takes us to the next tier in the draft, where thing get really, really murky...putting us in a very similar playing field talent-wise to last season IMO. We don't wanna dip below the Barzal/Werenski line if we can help it IMO.

Current Draft Seed: 9th

Last edited:

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
McDavid Tank Watch

I missed those daily updates :biglaugh:

Well we go most of what we needed last night. Our draft foes picked up 3 of a possible 4 points. Now the ball is in our court to simply lose to a better team. No heroics tonight, guys. Please. The result could drop in draft seed. With SJ and FLA playing tough games tonight against MTL and BOS respectively and sitting only 2 points ahead of us in a block of 3 teams at 78 points, our margin for error is slim to nill. With a loss tonight we not only stave off SJ, FLA, and COL, but we can potentially close the gap between ourselves and the teams we are trying to catch in the draft seedlings, NJ and PHI, who also play tonight.

Just lose.

Current Draft Seed: 9th (barely)

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
Well we go most of what we needed last night. Our draft foes picked up 3 of a possible 4 points. Now the ball is in our court to simply lose to a better team. No heroics tonight, guys. Please. The result could drop in draft seed. With SJ and FLA playing tough games tonight against MTL and BOS respectively and sitting only 2 points ahead of us in a block of 3 teams at 78 points, our margin for error is slim to nill. With a loss tonight we not only stave off SJ, FLA, and COL, but we can potentially close the gap between ourselves and the teams we are trying to catch in the draft seedlings, NJ and PHI, who also play tonight.

Just lose.

Current Draft Seed: 9th (barely)

Go Montreal, Boston, Edmonton and NY Islanders! :yo: Never thought I'd be cheering for that combo of teams.

Edit: I'm literally a moron

Last edited:

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
I'm doing the best I can

░░░░░░███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▂▄▅███McDavid███▅▃
████████████████████
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
McDavid Tank Watch

Draft setback...immanent. The last thing we need right now is this cupcake game against Buffalo. Gotta stop the anti-draft momentum somehow.

Draft Seed: 9th...but you might as well say hello to double digits and goodbye to single digits.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
This year the #8 OA is nothing to scoff at.

I want to watch Eichel and McDavid play. The east already has Crosby, Ovechkin, Stamkos, and Malkin. I like watching talented players. Gotta share the wealth of "generational talent".

8th OA is the 24th place medal. Finishing behind 16 playoff teams and 7 better picks isn't something I plan to celebrate with any enthusiasm.

Kiorei

Jan 22, 2014
Denton, Texas
It feels like we keep winning games, yet are still so far back from the damn WC. ugh, Jets/Wild just don't lose. How annoying that the Pacific<Central this year.

If we keep winning, and draft in the middle teens, how would you feel about trading it off plus a prospect for a Defensemen? I kinda want Madison Bowey from the Capitals, but I think they would want our first plus plus help secondary scoring. too bad. lol

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
If we keep winning, and draft in the middle teens, how would you feel about trading it off plus a prospect for a Defensemen? I kinda want Madison Bowey from the Capitals, but I think they would want our first plus plus help secondary scoring. too bad. lol

You won't get Madison Bowey from the Caps for a pick in the teens and Oleksiak or whoever. We had the chance to draft our own Madison Bowey, but instead we've put ourselves in the same position as always...sloppy seconds. Now we're gonna draft someone who won't be impactful for 3-4 years...if ever. Same old strory. Hoping for a faller...just gonna miss that faller if there is one. We had the chance to get someone like Provorov....someone who could come in maybe even immediately, but worst case a year or 2 and make a difference. We have effectively lost that asset, and now we have to take away from our team or get lucky enough to pay out the wazoo for Seabrook in order to add that defensemen...you have take away A LOT from the team assets-wise to get someone like Bowey for instance. So while everyone is optimistic about a handful of wins, and Kari showing us that he can play when there is nothing on the line to lose, I'm NOT feeling it. These few "feel good" wins could cost us a top pairing defensemen that we already paid for with the awful season we had up until the predictable, futile 11th hour heroics.

Unless there is someone really good at #13 or #14 or whatever lovely spot we end up, you might as well trade it down for more picks, or try to get a good, but not great top 4 D....IF you can. Picks in the mid-teens don't exactly have the curb appeal of a top 10 pick to the potential buyers. More than likely you just are able to move down for 2 2nds. That's about all we've ever been able to do with a pick in that range, so you gotta expect more of the same. This draft is heavy in the top 10ish and good, but not blue-chip after that. You'll be disappointed if you think we can get a top tier D prospect with it though...not without parting with some guys we really don't want to give up. I don't see us doing that.

Another season, another disappointment with no blue chip draftee to come. Same stuff different season.

Last edited:

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Well, winning the lotto with that 1-2.5% chance they will probably have, in this particular year, would make up for all the lotto no luck the Stars have had over the years, and then some.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
Well, winning the lotto with that 1-2.5% chance they will probably have, in this particular year, would make up for all the lotto no luck the Stars have had over the years, and then some.

Haha. I don't like those odds very much. We can dream though.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
This has just been a bizarre season. The expectations, the ups and downs, the injuries, the goaltending...probably the weirdest season since they've been in Dallas.

McDavid.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
░░░░░░███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▂▄▅███McDavid███▅▃
████████████████████
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad