GDT: Win one for Cam vs the Dastardly Buffalo Dorky Scissors

Old Uncle

Nov 8, 2007
Is there anyone on the team who seems to have had Millers number over the course of their career and scored on him regularly?

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Staal's leadership is quite a bit different than Brindamour's..........

Not arguing the difference in their styles or effectiveness of their leadership, but Brind'Amour also benefited from having mostly veteran teams with strong leaders as well which helped with leadership. Wesley, Hedican, K. Adams, Stillman, Whitney, Cole, Cullen, Walker, etc.. were all there for a lot of his captaincy.

When Staal took over full time in 10/11, the only guy that could be called a veteran leader might be Cole (maybe Bryan Allen last year).

Last edited:

Nibbler

May 24, 2011
Ambassador to Earth
Sabres fan here... hilarious GDT. I especially like the scissors logo :laugh:

I see you're AHL goaltender is starting. That spells win for Carolina. You guys have our number this year, AND this Sabres team historically gets stuffed by backup/AHL goaltenders.

caniac247

Nov 1, 2006
Raleigh
Sabres fan here... hilarious GDT. I especially like the scissors logo :laugh:

I see you're AHL goaltender is starting. That spells win for Carolina. You guys have our number this year, AND this Sabres team historically gets stuffed by backup/AHL goaltenders.

As do the Canes. I swear this team makes every back up look like a vezina winner

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
PETE DAWG!

*does anybody else wonder why you can't spell it S-A-B-E-R-S, but the more northern-located board members have free reign to continually run smack on "southern hockey fans?"*

MD

Dec 1, 2009
NC
Off to the game! hoping the amount of drunk buffalo fans is at a minimum tonight.

Carolina

Oct 26, 2012
My main concern is that now that Ward is out, we won't be as aggressive on offense. I think that would be a mistake as the times we've played "scared" or conservatively, the results have been terrible. We're going to need to help our goalie as much as possible, but it can't be at the cost of our offense.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Luke DeCock ‏@LukeDeCock
A handful of scouts on the seating chart at PNC Arena tonight for Canes-Sabres: Detroit, Nashville, Dallas, Pittsburgh, Vancouver.

Wouldn't be the first time there were a bunch of scouts watching the Canes though

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Damn, missed it while searching for a better feed. Caught the replay though.

And by better feed, I mean one that doesn't feature the golden vocals of the crazy drunk guy Buffalo puts in the booth. Anyone got one of those?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad