Post-Game Talk: WIN!! - NSH@EDM 12-14-17

Status
Not open for further replies.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
According to Natural Stat Trick the Oilers had 9 HDSC and the Preds had 8. 6 of the Oilers 9 HDSC came in the 3rd period when they were down by 4 goals, so when the game was close, the defense had them on lock even though they had a huge advantage on shots. Preds actually had them beat 4 to 3 on HDSC in the first two periods.

And if you look at it, even though yes, we were outshot by a ton, it was really just a bad first period. Early in the 2nd period they were outshooting us 28-6. From that point on the shots were just about even.

Montross

Askarov.
Oct 4, 2013
Team goes on the road to the west coast and destroys Vancouver. 2nd game of a back-to-back where that don't play as well, still win 4-0. Is this the best Predators squad we have ever seen (can throw in Ellis once he's healthy)?

Reactions: FierceFalcon

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
Team goes on the road to the west coast and destroys Vancouver. 2nd game of a back-to-back where that don't play as well, still win 4-0. Is this the best Predators squad we have ever seen (can throw in Ellis once he's healthy)?

potentially. the 06-07 110 point team had the deepest forward roster we have ever iced (6 20 goal scorers) and appeared to have no weakness (except against SJ). this team is on pace to break all that teams marks (scoring, points, etc) and is certainly deeper defensively (although timonen, weber, suter, zidlicky, zanon wasn't that far behind). but we need to see a full season before proclaiming this 'our best ever' quite yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: Enoch

KurtAngle

Mar 31, 2016

I think it's the best squad ever. There is no weakness. My only concern is Rinne wearing down.

As much as I've criticized Poile, he has done a great job building this current team and it started when he hired Laviolette. The Turris trade this year sealed the Cup win I think.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
And now, all we need is Ellis back and healthy, and then...

:stanley:
:shakehead:squint:
I think it's the best squad ever. There is no weakness. My only concern is Rinne wearing down.

As much as I've criticized Poile, he has done a great job building this current team and it started when he hired Laviolette. The Turris trade this year sealed the Cup win I think.
*shakes head vehemently*

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland

Comments like this. The cup is the hardest trophy to achieve in sports. You don't need 1 exceptional player, you need multiple, and you need the best performance in 4 different series. Consistency pops up.
There's no guarantee we're even in the WCF this year. Many teams like ANA and STL are really strong when they get their injuries sorted.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Comments like this. The cup is the hardest trophy to achieve in sports. You don't need 1 exceptional player, you need multiple, and you need the best performance in 4 different series. Consistency pops up.
There's no guarantee we're even in the WCF this year. Many teams like ANA and STL are really strong when they get their injuries sorted.

This.

The harsh reality, whether anyone wants to accept it or not, is that no matter how good we are- no matter how much better we might be than last year's team- there is a good chance we will not have a playoff run like last year. It is just so hard to do what we did last year.

Doesn't mean we won't though- we will absolutely be one of the top Cup contenders come April. But there are just no guarantees, no matter how good a team is........

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
I love this team.

This is hands down the most exciting team I have seen in Nashville, ever, and I have watched them all.

If Rinne plays above average goaltending play (he is), and we stay healthy in the playoffs, I like our chances to go very very far.

The trick is not suffering some huge injuries against this brutal conference. We need to continue to develop our young players, and if the opportunity is available to continue to add depth to this roster, you do it.

Reactions: nine_inch_fang

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
the cup?? man i just am worried about first making the playoffs and maybe winning a division title. you know no team has ever won a cup without at some point in their past having won a division title first right?

each round in the playoffs is unknown territory. you never know what is gonna happen in a 7 game series. ever. just get there and take your shot.

Reactions: Enoch

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
I just want to win the division as the preds have never done that. Just have a small goal at first don't be going all the way to the cup yet.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
What in God’s name is this arrogance here.. and talking about when Ellis returns we’re gonna be EVEN better. No, it doesn’t work that way people. We’re a good team but far away from the Cup here in December

loyeks

Nov 11, 2017
What in God’s name is this arrogance here.. and talking about when Ellis returns we’re gonna be EVEN better. No, it doesn’t work that way people. We’re a good team but far away from the Cup here in December

Exactly.

At the end of every season I can recall, the “best” two regular season teams are not the final two postseason teams. (One of the Red Wing/Pens series may be the exception.)

I would not discount regular season success, but it’s not the end all, be all predictor of postseason success.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Winning is much like alcohol to a fan base... win three in a row and you've got a nice happy buzz, looking forward to the next drink with eager anticipation.... go 8-1-1 over 10 games and you are the life of the party and start thinking every girl/guy in the room could be yours... go 15-2-2 and you think you are bulletproof and can fly

Reactions: hockey diva
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad