Post-Game Talk: WIN!! - Game 9: Preds (3-5-1) at Avalanche (4-4-0). 8PM Central.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
WHAT
:nashville @ :avs

WHEN
00-clip-art-at-clker-com-vector-clip-art-online-royalty-free-y1keXp-clipart.png

WHERE
Arena-Header.jpg

(Fiala also practiced)

"I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little more rockier than this. That John Denver's full of **** man."

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I hate to say it because our even strength has been such crap and I want to see them turn a corner, but when you look at special teams stats so far the game could easily come down to that. We're 1st on the PP (They're 6th). We're 29th on the PK (They're somewhere in the bottom 10). I think if we can get a power play goal and a couple at ES we'll be alright. I'll say 3-2 Preds.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015

so I guess this is part of their attempt of being "tougher to play against"

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Get out there and win a dang game. This is wearing on me.

Sorry to see Fiala scratched. I have high hopes for him once the ship gets righted.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Coach Lavy: hmmmm.....we are not scoring enough....I know what will fix it. Scratch a talented kid and put in a plug in his place! That'll do it!.

Fiala scratched makes no sense. He hasn't been the issue. This looks like a case of Trotz 2.0, just plug in the plugs and scratch the talent.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
All this doom and gloom, a lot of it being well deserved, but with a win tonight we're 3-5 and one point behind Colorado.

We need an ugly win to get back on track, I can the motive behind Bass coming in, but don't like Fiala being scratched. I guess that comes with being the new guy.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
All this doom and gloom, a lot of it being well deserved, but with a win tonight we're 3-5 and one point behind Colorado.

We need an ugly win to get back on track, I can the motive behind Bass coming in, but don't like Fiala being scratched. I guess that comes with being the new guy.

Watson is the one who should have been scratched.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Watson is the one who should have been scratched.

Yup, but I see Lavy as wanting a "tougher" line-up tonight, hence Watson. I'd have Fiala in the top six, but I suspect he doesn't want to break up the first line and I don't think anybody on the 2nd "deserves" to get demoted, certainly wouldn't want to scratch or demote Arvy who's playing great.

It's a statement having Bass in the line-up, but not a massive statement like scratching Neal or Forsberg. Overall I'm ok with it for tonight's game, it's game nine, we need to play a tougher game and prove we can win an ugly game before winning with our skill. I don't think Fiala is being scratched because he did anything wrong tonight.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Yup, but I see Lavy as wanting a "tougher" line-up tonight, hence Watson. I'd have Fiala in the top six, but I suspect he doesn't want to break up the first line and I don't think anybody on the 2nd "deserves" to get demoted, certainly wouldn't want to scratch or demote Arvy who's playing great.

It's a statement having Bass in the line-up, but not a massive statement like scratching Neal or Forsberg. Overall I'm ok with it for tonight's game, it's game nine, we need to play a tougher game and prove we can win an ugly game before winning with our skill. I don't think Fiala is being scratched because he did anything wrong tonight.

Try telling that to the kid. This could be a moment that turns his season from pretty good so far to head games.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
I would go with these lines.

Fiala-Johansen-Forsberg
Arvy-Ribs-Smith
Wilson-Fisher-Neal
Jarnkrok-Sissons-Watson

See if the 3rd line magic from the playoffs can reemerge. Set Ribeiro up with two shooters. First line is kind of self explanatory.

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
Still feeling a 4-2 game but not sure who pulls it out. 50/50 right now.

Bass needs to stop crashing into the boards at full speed.

Other than that, his contribution will probably be fighting McLeod at some point. :fight:

Hopefully 92 will be feeding 9 & 18 enough to get us up to four goals.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Try telling that to the kid. This could be a moment that turns his season from pretty good so far to head games.

That's a little worrisome, but:

1. I'm sure Lavy's explained his reasons to him, and if he's only scratching him because of his play there would be half a dozen players he needs to scratch before him.

2. After last year's alleged issues I think Fiala has his head on straight and understands that he can't whine when things go his way.

Fiala will probably be up all year and he'll have plenty of opportunities to step up, sometimes younger players can benefit more from sitting and watching the game than playing. Sure, it's disappointing, but he'll be fresh next time he plays.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
Don't take this the wrong way haha but have you guys been as bad as your record indicates or just having some bad puck luck to start the season? I liked your squad and think you only need an upgraded #2 c to be a cup threat. Obviously games aren't always won on paper.

Montross

Askarov.
Oct 4, 2013
Don't take this the wrong way haha but have you guys been as bad as your record indicates or just having some bad puck luck to start the season? I liked your squad and think you only need an upgraded #2 c to be a cup threat. Obviously games aren't always won on paper.

Our supposed top 3 scorers have one goal between them and our much beloved goalie in desperate need of a bounceback season is 1-4-1 with a 3.21 GAA.

So yes they have been bad....and all due respect I hope they return to winning hockey games tonight.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
Our supposed top 3 scorers have one goal between them and our much beloved goalie in desperate need of a bounceback season is 1-4-1 with a 3.21 GAA.

So yes they have been bad....and all due respect I hope they return to winning hockey games tonight.

Fair enough. Well thats what all fans want. I think your squad is too good to be losing games. Probably a matter of time before things turn around just hope its not against us:handclap: good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad