Post-Game Talk: WIN!! - Anaheim @ Smashville 7 pm - Bare Bones I Hate the Ducks Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Our crowd started to get worse the last year or 2. Lots of people show up late in the 1st period and leave midway thru the 3rd. It's just a social event now since the Preds became good. Crowd atmosphere has suffered due to this.

I hear from alot of people that this is due to traffic being so horrid here in Nashville and I would agree. Metro PD is horrible at moving traffic to the proper places.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I hear from alot of people that this is due to traffic being so horrid here in Nashville and I would agree. Metro PD is horrible at moving traffic to the proper places.
I think it's a mix of that and people hanging around outside/the concourses when the game is starting. I wouldn't say traffic here is "horrid" (it's frustrating but I wouldn't go that far) however I think this is an issue because a lot of people aren't used to this being a hindrance for something like going to a Preds game. The citizens of our fine area aren't used to adjusting their plans to accommodate traffic issues, especially at times like a weeknight. It's going to be a constant and it's throwing us off our routines a lot of times.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
I think it's a mix of that and people hanging around outside/the concourses when the game is starting. I wouldn't say traffic here is "horrid" (it's frustrating but I wouldn't go that far) however I think this is an issue because a lot of people aren't used to this being a hindrance for something like going to a Preds game. The citizens of our fine area aren't used to adjusting their plans to accommodate traffic issues, especially at times like a weeknight. It's going to be a constant and it's throwing us off our routines a lot of times.

well what's sad is I can get to downtown in about 7-10 minutes, but once I get downtown, it is gridlock and it takes me 20-30 minutes sometimes to get to parking. And when I say downtown I am referring to Shelby Ave by Nissan Stadium. I get stuck on Korean Vets coming in. It shouldn't take 20-30 minutes to go from Nissan Stadium to the Pinnacle but it does quite often and the same applies to after the games. Another 20-30 minutes once I get out of the garage to get to the interstate.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN

Usually I have no trouble getting out of Pinnacle Garage after a game but last week the police routed me down Demonbreun, then north on 4th, which was packed. It added considerably to my time getting home, as I usually go south on 3rd to Lindsley, cross 2nd, then turn right on 1st/Hermitage Ave/Lebanon Rd toward Hermitage. It was 11:15 when I finally got home, about 50 minutes later than usual.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I generally park in the First Tennessee building (next to TPAC) for games and have zero issue getting there or out.

Korean Vets was mentioned earlier. I take the bridge over the river from the Stadium when I leave work everyday between 5:30 and 6 but I turn left at the 1st Ave/Hermirage light going away from town. I don't go towards Broadway or straight past 1st. I can't say what it's like if I were to do that but I never have any problem getting out of town. I will say that inbound traffic at nights on Hermitage Ave or 40 West, etc is much, much more consistent than it ever has been. Hell I just looked at Google traffic here at 4:30 and there's inbound traffic on both of those roads. Crazy.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Only time I run into serious delays coming to the arena is if there is something going on at 2 or 3 venues AND it's rush hour (and then it's only between Academy and Korean Veterans on First. It's an easy drive 95% of the time. Just one of the benefits of working in Hip Donelson. :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad