Post-Game Talk: WIN!! - Anaheim @ Smashville 7 pm - Bare Bones I Hate the Ducks Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
Glad to see Pekka get the shutout well deserved. He kept us in this game early when the ducks were dominating. Then the offense finally opened up for a easy win. I have loved how the team has played with the lead in the last couple of games in the 3rd. Before they played not to lose and now they are playing to win and playing great defense and getting possession to prevent the other team from even thinking of coming back. Have won 3 in a row.

Montross

Askarov.
Oct 4, 2013
Wisconsin Badger fans are wearing their red. Packers playing the Titans tomorrow.

There is going to be A LOT of Packer fans at the game tomorrow.

Good win - props to #35, he is playing a good consistent game right now.

On to the next.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Sweet sweet pie.

Fun game. I was holding my breath the last 5 minutes hoping that they wouldn't score on Pekka. He deserved a shut out.

By my reckoning, we won everything available to us. Frosty, Donut, McDonald's...nice!

Mypetrobot

sua sponte
Jun 22, 2013
Sweet sweet pie.

Fun game. I was holding my breath the last 5 minutes hoping that they wouldn't score on Pekka. He deserved a shut out.

By my reckoning, we won everything available to us. Frosty, Donut, McDonald's...nice!

There should be an extra one for the "hat trick".

Bdubs or some kind of pizza place deal.

Papa johns gives 50% off a large pizza when cbj scores two or more goals.

I think that has more value then a free frosty.

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
Fantastic win! Passing looked marginally better. still making too many d zone mistakes. Loved seeing Kesler on his keister several times. Arvidsson is a weeble wobble. Knock him down, he just bounces back up again. He probably soaks in an ice bath after every game. That SH goal was awesome.

I saw quite a few Habs jerseys as well.

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
:handclap: Fantastic. I think they started strong, despite taking a few early penalties and being out shot at one point 10-5. Kept up their play the entire game. Pekka was great.

Great to see that monkey jump off of Forsberg's back!

The shorthanded goal was beautiful.

Loved seeing Kesler, Perry, Bieksa getting so upset.

Can we please have Salomaki back? I want more of these

This might be one of my top 5 favorite hits by a Pred!

Quick etiquette question: do I bring the Big Mac to Wendy's or do I bring the frosty to McDonalds for the celebration meal?
Drive-thru and no one sees anything.

There is going to be A LOT of Packer fans at the game tomorrow.
Before the game all the bars were packed with Packer fans! Talking with some, they tried to get tickets to the Preds game, but couldn't find any. Very nice, wished the Preds well.

I saw quite a few Habs jerseys as well.
And a majority of the Habs jerseys were Subban.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Sweet sweet pie.

I'm out of the loop... what did we have to do to win the Big Mac?

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
Sweet sweet pie.

Ah the ol' diabetes hat trick

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
Sweet sweet pie.

can you still use your ticket or do you have to download apps from all those companies, I haven't redeemed any yet?

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
can you still use your ticket or do you have to download apps from all those companies, I haven't redeemed any yet?

just looking online, it looks like the Big Mac and Dunkin Donuts promos are available through the Preds APP, but the frosty coupon was printable from the preds twitter feed

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013

The ticket is worthless now. Everything is via apps. Twitter for the frosty, McDonald's app for the Big Mac, Dunkin' Donuts app for the Coffee and the NHL app for the Donut. Scroll down on the Preds feed to redeemable rewards.

Good game but tonight's crowd has been weak.

Someone gifted me tickets to the Booze game and I snagged a couple last minute for the Disney Ducks game. Crowd was weak for both games. Is this just what our fanbase has been relegated to? Are all the old Pred Heads moving away or losing interest? Are these all new money transplants that are attending games as a social activity? 303 seemed pretty dead as well.

I miss the pre-piss jersey days where people were losing their minds, smashing beers, and tossing dead fish on the ice.

:shakehead

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Honestly I don't use any of them. But I like knowing I have the RIGHT to have them.

They have switched the McDonalds (last 5 minutes of second period goal, I believe it is) for the Goo Goo, so I guess it isn't quite the Diabetes hat trick anymore. Heart Attack Hat Trick now, I guess.

As for the crowd, you did catch a couple of weak days. I think with a good road trip the enthusiasm factor will rise.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Someone gifted me tickets to the Booze game and I snagged a couple last minute for the Disney Ducks game. Crowd was weak for both games. Is this just what our fanbase has been relegated to? Are all the old Pred Heads moving away or losing interest? Are these all new money transplants that are attending games as a social activity? 303 seemed pretty dead as well.

I miss the pre-piss jersey days where people were losing their minds, smashing beers, and tossing dead fish on the ice.

:shakehead

I just think we have set such a high bar as far as our fans/crowd, it is almost impossible to maintain. I mean, you are just not going to have a raucous, rowdy, great atmosphere for all 41 home games. It is just not going to happen- doesn't happen for any other team in any other sport either.

I've been to a ton of sporting events in a ton of buildings and I still say our "bad" crowd nights are still better than most pro teams crowds.

But it is inevitable that as the Preds popularity increases, you will see more of the bandwagon type fans and that will have an impact....

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Well and the longer they stay good the more people you have come just to check it out. They really have no clue what is going on, but they want to see it.

The first game I took my wife too was pretty weak a couple of years ago and she thought it was insane. Told her she should be in there for a playoff game if she wants to see insane.

Eventually these new people will figure it out as well.

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
I chatted with a couple of guys from Montreal after the game. They noted the multiple food and beverage options in our arena. Thought the atmosphere was good though not quite Montreal standards. They also loved the goalie chant.

kypredsfan

Smashville Subban
Jan 20, 2011
Mt. Juliet, TN
Our crowd started to get worse the last year or 2. Lots of people show up late in the 1st period and leave midway thru the 3rd. It's just a social event now since the Preds became good. Crowd atmosphere has suffered due to this.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Our crowd started to get worse the last year or 2. Lots of people show up late in the 1st period and leave midway thru the 3rd. It's just a social event now since the Preds became good. Crowd atmosphere has suffered due to this.
I think it's largely a social thing now. Word is out with everyone, but especially the single young adult/milennial demographic, that the Preds games are a fun event to be at. Many times they're just at the game to have a good time, which is fine it's just not the way it used to be and obviously that takes away from the atmosphere. It's also that there are a lot of newer fans who have realized that hockey is awesome and they love going to the games, but the rabid fandom isn't ingrained in them (yet). In my experience, a lot of those fans will typically just cheer when good things happen but they don't do what used to make our atmosphere so great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad