Post-Game Talk: Wilsonton Capitals vs Parallaxed Penguins - Game 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForzaItalia

Mar 23, 2008
Toronto, ON
I think Orpik will get two games. So in goes Orlov. I'll be glad if they take a game in Pittsburgh.

Pens getting the last change and they'll look to exploit the likes of Orlov, Schmidt and Chorney.

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
I get that Orlov had a shaky first game but at least he can generate some possession and zone entries.

Also, Weber doesn't make that play that Chorney does. Weber has no business playing this series

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Can't blame the refs for this. 1-1 is kinda fair. That 1 for Caps is mostly Holtby's (+Oshie's).

This game was worse than previous.

This is why so many of us get mad with the team. It's the second round and one of the best opportunities to contend. If not for the third period, easily one of the worst games of the playoffs for me.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
This game was an indictment of Trotz. Forget the systematically lousy passing and turtling of this team against a defense that is no juggernaut, he doesn't even coach what he stresses well. Our board play leads to nothing. Guys literally wait to be tied up rather than use quickness to gain space. I cannot in my wildest dreams see us winning this series.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
I think Orpik will get two games. So in goes Orlov. I'll be glad if they take a game in Pittsburgh.

Pens getting the last change and they'll look to exploit the likes of Orlov, Schmidt and Chorney.

I obviously missed it, and the TV crew didn't say a peep about it, but what and when did Orpik do something suspendable?

OVrocks

Dec 9, 2009
LA

Yup, like I said the series is over in 6 games or less.

Nice

Jan 26, 2016
Williams and Richards both look way too slow for this kind of series.

maybam

Mar 30, 2010
Williams is so bad. He thinks he's kane out there or something trying to deke through 3 guys.

Then he makes super ill advised passes that are often picked off. He needs to simplify his game or else he has got to sit. He has been a huge liability and it seems to be weighing on Kuz. The 3rd period is the first time Kuz has been moved away from 14 and all of a sudden 92 looks dangerous again.

Empty Goal Net

Do I see another GOAT?
Feb 13, 2010
Orpik was MIA on the first GA (though I don't pin that one on him, was a team breakdown), and couldn't tie up Fehr's stick on the second.

He gets a lot of praise and is trusted a lot by the coaching staff, but he has directly led to multiple GA these playoffs.

it's a mixed bag with Orpik. agree that he failed to adequately cover Fehr on the GWG, but he's a strong presence otherwise. and any one-two-or three of chorney-weber-orlov-schmidt don't exactly inspire confidence.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
0-3 with Chorney. Time for Weber please.

I've been throwing that stat in Hive's face but he played a solid game tonight for sure. It should have been a 4-1 or 5-1 game tonight. Sucks that we didn't outscore them in the 3rd since it was by far our best period.

Tweedsuitcase

Sep 28, 2009
Well, can't say we deserved to win that one, but I had hope there at the end.
At least we can't blow a 2-0 lead now?

Sep 19, 2008
We lost because we had five shots on goal in the first and five in the second. That's not sustainable. You cannot shoot ten times over two periods, sleepwalking throughout until the third. You need to assert yourself. And they did. For the first minute.

Capitals40

Nov 14, 2014
Summerville, SC
We lost because we had five shots on goal in the first and five in the second. That's not sustainable. You cannot shoot ten times over two periods, sleepwalking throughout until the third. You need to assert yourself. And they did. For the first minute.

I don't think we were sleepwalking...clearly the game plan was trap...every time we cleared the puck from our D zone we had to change lines because we were exhausted...I don't get how that game plan is a winning formula...to me it's chicken shirt coaching...scared coaching.

ForzaItalia

Mar 23, 2008
Toronto, ON
It was certainly flipped. They thoroughly outplayed the Pens in the third.

I just don't get why they can't play like this from the drop of the puck. That Pens D is nothing special IMO yet the Caps aren't exploiting it. They have a rookie goalie in net who should be getting peppered and screened at every chance.

This has been a weird series so far. Neither team has impressed and they both could be easily up 2-0 at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad