Post-Game Talk: Wilsonton Capitals vs Parallaxed Penguins - Game 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocubed

Apr 13, 2016
There is a lot to be learned a lot from this game. Failure leads to success. Best of 5 now.

OVrocks

Dec 9, 2009
LA
The best we can hope for at this point is not getting eliminated in 5 since we'll be down 3-1 coming back to Verizon. I just don't think that this team has any chance to possibly win a road game vs Pens.

PB12

Jul 7, 2015
We knew this would be a close series. We need to score and put pucks on net. Holtby has shown he can keep us in games.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
The lack of urgency has been an issue with this team all season.

It's simply inexcusable.

Justin Williams right now is bad. I mean, shockingly bad. He may as well be a healthy scratch.

ocubed

Apr 13, 2016
The best we can hope for at this point is not getting eliminated in 5 since we'll be down 3-1 coming back to Verizon. I just don't think that this team has any chance to possibly win a road game vs Pens.

This is a bit melodramatic, I think. Chin up.

PB12

Jul 7, 2015

We got a shot. I think 2-2 headed back to Verizon

Empty Goal Net

Do I see another GOAT?
Feb 13, 2010
no reason the caps can't take one or two in pgh.

orpik suspension ---> stronger defense? (I don't think so)

Red Dread

Oct 19, 2011
Maryland
At home no less. Hate to say it, but thats the OV led Caps legacy until proven otherwise.

I have some confidence in this team, but if they lose, they have to do something major. When the same tune is playing for eight years, there's a huge leadership problem. Hell, a franchise problem.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Well, considering Orpik is going to suspended, me thinks this series is over.

For all *****ing about Orlov, Orpik was pretty awful tonight, and Schmidt wasn't reliable enough too.
Disapponted in the guys' effort, sleepwalking again. It looks like they expected an easy series, or that Holtby will stop everything.
Williams doesn't deserve a sweater so far this playoffs.
Keep calm, play like you can and win.

Capitals40

Nov 14, 2014
Summerville, SC
When your gameplan is all about defense and has no real plan offensively this is what happens. What happened to the way the team played the 1st half of the season with transition and lots of scoring chances? But, Trotz changed the style of play in the 3rd because we were behind...unless he changes his way of thinking we will be done in 5 or 6 games.

Everybody keeps talking about our defensemen...turtling for 2 periods will expose any teams defensemen...ridiculous to think turtling will work against a team that plays a fast pace game.

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
Man after that Ovie-Kuznetsov-Oshie shift at the end of period 2, thought Trotz would have kept them. Though the 3rd period was much better

Right now I put those guys together and Mj-Backstrom-Bura

Bump Williams down, he has not been effective

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Can't blame the refs for this. 1-1 is kinda fair. That 1 for Caps is mostly Holtby's (+Oshie's).

This game was worse than previous.

maybam

Mar 30, 2010
no reason the caps can't take one or two in pgh.

orpik suspension ---> stronger defense? (I don't think so)

Orpik was MIA on the first GA (though I don't pin that one on him, was a team breakdown), and couldn't tie up Fehr's stick on the second.

He gets a lot of praise and is trusted a lot by the coaching staff, but he has directly led to multiple GA these playoffs.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009

It's simply inexcusable.

Justin Williams right now is bad. I mean, shockingly bad. He may as well be a healthy scratch.

Shamefully bad and I am really disappointed.

CapsEersSkins

May 31, 2009

It's simply inexcusable.

Williams has been worse than bad. He's a turnover machine who contributes nothing offensively.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
Deserved to lose. On to the next one...

Kuzy stepped up his game for this one but JW looks totally spent. He's fitting right in with the long line of Caps chokers. Our fail legacy is just flat out stronger than his personal one...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad