• Clean

• Dirty

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
The issue with Wilson is that he honestly believes he plays "the right way" and "with honor" he says it in multiple interviews... I dont think he gets it... how he is pretty unique in how he plays for a reason... and the reason isnt good... I hope this really does teach him something, but my guess is in the long run, the NHL doesnt look back on his career in a good way

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
The issue with Wilson is that he honestly believes he plays "the right way" and "with honor" he says it in multiple interviews... I dont think he gets it... how he is pretty unique in how he plays for a reason... and the reason isnt good... I hope this really does teach him something, but my guess is in the long run, the NHL doesnt look back on his career in a good way

That's the disappointing thing though: Wilson can play hockey. It's not like he can barely skate.

To me, he's like Matt Cooke. When Matt Cooke just played hockey he was still pretty darn effective throwing legal checks, blocking shots and doing the little things that can help your team win. Problem is he couldn't help himself and got himself suspended when his team needed him on the ice. As much as I dislike the Caps, I don't want a dude thrown out of the league, but I also don't want to see an idiot recklessly injuring players

And where is the union in all of this? I thought there was supposed to be "solidarity amongst the ranks" and that unions were wanting to keep their guys safe? Neither is happening

Reactions: TooManyHumans

Smiggie Balls

Sep 27, 2017

wtf is this Game of Thrones?

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
That's the disappointing thing though: Wilson can play hockey. It's not like he can barely skate.

To me, he's like Matt Cooke. When Matt Cooke just played hockey he was still pretty darn effective throwing legal checks, blocking shots and doing the little things that can help your team win. Problem is he couldn't help himself and got himself suspended when his team needed him on the ice. As much as I dislike the Caps, I don't want a dude thrown out of the league, but I also don't want to see an idiot recklessly injuring players

And where is the union in all of this? I thought there was supposed to be "solidarity amongst the ranks" and that unions were wanting to keep their guys safe? Neither is happening

Yeah Thats just it... Wilson had been affecting the game plenty without the headshots and actually any hits of his at all... he is a good PK guy and his passes have sprung several breakaways... the Matt Cooke thing is so apt...

TooManyHumans

May 4, 2018

Cooke was so goddamn frustrating to watch. As you said he could play but he'd suddenly pull out his elbow and cream a guy. I grew to hate him and wanted the Pens to cut his ass. Felt the same way about Neal. The final straw for me was when he skated by and kneed that guy in the head. Just a gutless, cowardly, and disgusting move. Was so glad when he got moved.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
"Tom Wilson is just so big and strong, he can't help it that players get injured when he hits them"...

Yeah, well there's 50 guys taller and 100 guys heavier, so why aren't they racking up an injury per week? And dang, remember all of those times that Chara and Byfuglien accidentally broke someone's jaw and concussed them? But poor Tommy Wilson is just a victim of his own size, there's definitely nothing else to it, he can't possible be at fault in any way because it's not a style issue it's simply him being a mammoth of a man with an enormity that is other worldly and has never been seen in the NHL before.

Reactions: Peat

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Tom Wilson is not even that much bigger than Zach Aston-Reese. ZAR is 6' tall and weighs 200 pounds. People are posting like he's Gaudreau-sized.
Yes... if headshots were unavoidable from a 4 inch difference all the 5 10" players and smaller would be brain dead by now lol cause league average is 6'1" and a heck of a lot of players are 6'2 or bigger...

Reactions: Hornqvists Glasses

third man in

Jul 27, 2007
Maryland
Yep, a guy who came into these playoffs with five points in 41 playoff games is a real difference maker.

Has to leach off two talented players to produce. What a difference maker.
Really dumb take, Wilson has obviously improved from his 4th line days. He's improved every year. He's earned a role in the Caps top 6. If you watched the game last night, you would've seen that line was not nearly as close to being effective with DSP on it.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Really dumb take, Wilson has obviously improved from his 4th line days. He's improved every year. He's earned a role in the Caps top 6. If you watched the game last night, you would've seen that line was not nearly as close to being effective with DSP on it.

I’ve watched Wilson for years. Save the BS about improvement. He can’t handle the puck, isn’t a good shooter, and is an avg at best passer. The Caps depth thinned out and that’s why he was thrown into a top six role.

He leeched off two good players this season and it’s pretty obvious he’s not a talented player that can create his own offense.

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA
I’ve watched Wilson for years. Save the BS about improvement. He can’t handle the puck, isn’t a good shooter, and is an avg at best passer. The Caps depth thinned out and that’s why he was thrown into a top six role.

He leeched off two good players this season and it’s pretty obvious he’s not a talented player that can create his own offense.

Pretty much sums this up. Pens win Cups without, at times, Malkin, Crosby, Letang, etc., and the Caps whine about losing Tom effing Wilson. Gimme a break

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity

I find it funny that you pick on Wilson, when you have Malkin on your team. He is easily one of the dirtiest players I've ever seen.

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA
@butch19: Never seen Malkin make repeated attempts, and succeed, at hurt people laugh about it when he succeeds. Wilson is an over-rated plug. Malkin, not so much.

Reactions: Legionnaire11

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
They wanted the Pens to win pretty much. They take out the guy that had the Pens lose their minds. It's the clear the guy did not want aim for the head but he was clumsy in his hit. One game would have been enough.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
I find it funny that you pick on Wilson, when you have Malkin on your team. He is easily one of the dirtiest players I've ever seen.
Malkin has taken his share of cheapshots out of frustration at times, but that is a REALLY bad comparison and you should feel bad for making it...

One of the best Russian players of all-time, an undeniably pivotal part of 4 Stanley Cup runs and 3 Cup wins, a Conn Smythe, 2 scoring titles and a slew of other achievments vs. 0.27 PPG player with more PIMs than any other player since he entered the league, AINEC.

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ

How many players has he injured in over 10 years of playoffs? Zero!
Wilson in the last 2 weeks or so? Three!

I don't need to pick on Wilson. The league suspended your boy 3 times in a year which is unprecedented, and should tell you something.

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA
They wanted the Pens to win pretty much. They take out the guy that had the Pens lose their minds. It's the clear the guy did not want aim for the head but he was clumsy in his hit. One game would have been enough.

"They." Its always "they." The Man. Keeping the little guy down.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012

If the reason the Capitals lose this series is because they didn't have Tom Wilson, then that team has bigger problems.

They didn't lose Ovechkin, Backstrom, Kuznetsov, Carlson, or Oshie. They lost Tom f***ing Wilson.

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
We got to the point where even Caps fans realize Wilson is a dirty SOB who was in the wrong, and their only defense is "but you guys are dirty too cuz you had Cooke 10 years ago!"

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Yes, that is it. Case solved, close this thread we got winner and reason why Pens are going to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad