Prospect Info: William Trudeau, LHD, Charlottetown Islanders (QMJHL) - 4th round 113th pick overall

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
From my Armada source (same one who gave me the Monty signing)......for whoever lives in the Mtl area, we might see a Habs prospect being acquired soon by Blainville. Armada made a deal with Charlottetown to get Patrick Guay, yet, rumor is that Guay will be signed by Vegas and assigned to the ECHL. Which means...another player has to come instead. And it looks like William Trudeau will come in.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
From my Armada source (same one who gave me the Monty signing)......for whoever lives in the Mtl area, we might see a Habs prospect being acquired soon by Blainville. Armada made a deal with Charlottetown to get Patrick Guay, yet, rumor is that Guay will be signed by Vegas and assigned to the ECHL. Which means...another player has to come instead. And it looks like William Trudeau will come in.

Would be a fun little trip to go watch a game there to watch a Habs prospect.

Reactions: Whitesnake

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Would it be a good spot for him ? Does he fit well on that roster ?

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Would it be a good spot for him ? Does he fit well on that roster ?
Absolutely. There's still some better forwards to acquire for that team to become a true power...but seems that they are working on that. That was the goal by acquiring Guay...but Trudeau will be huge on that back end. Anyway, nothing official...let's keep it at the rumor stage...for now...

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Not that you need any confirmation, but your info seem to be right for Trudeau

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
I liked his game yesterday. Stood out to me as one of the better dmen we had on the ice.

Reactions: dralaf

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Trudeau is eligible to sign an AHL deal. He is in the same boat as Vrbetic.

Both 19, turning 20 in October.

Huge dilemna there. 20 year old in Blainville....or AHL deal. My bet would be Blainville though. AHL is stacked. Still want him to dominate even more especially offensively. Get the confidence going even higher, rack at least 60 points, stll be a rock defensively, and come in the pros next year ready to go.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Huge dilemna there. 20 year old in Blainville....or AHL deal. My bet would be Blainville though. AHL is stacked. Still want him to dominate even more especially offensively. Get the confidence going even higher, rack at least 60 points, stll be a rock defensively, and come in the pros next year ready to go.

I'm with you. Him going back to Junior is the best place. I just wanted to point out that Trudeau is eligible to play in the AHL/ECHL this year.

Wateredgarden

Oct 10, 2020
Since he didn't destroy the league I'd keep him in the Q to dominate. It's a good path for a guy with offensive potential.

Reactions: 26Mats

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

Yeah he'll be fine in the CHL, and we have no room in Laval.

This should be a good development year for Xhekaj, Norlinder, and Fairbrother in Laval.

Sagikev

Chadstudsky
Sep 16, 2018
He never was the #1D on his team, so he'll get a chance to do just that this year. It's the right call, Q this year and AHL next season.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec

I would not qualify him as a rock defensively. He needs to get stronger in puck battles and be better under pressure. But the offensive game is there.

EDIT: Right now he's on his way to a Ouellet career if he doesn't improve defensively. There's no shame in that, but he has a lot to work on defensively.

Last edited:

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
I would not qualify him as a rock defensively. He needs to get stronger in puck battles and be better under pressure. But the offensive game is there.

EDIT: Right now he's on his way to a Ouellet career if he doesn't improve defensively. There's no shame in that, but he has a lot to work on defensively.
I think we underestimate his defensive game because of his lack of physicality. He has great defensive awareness. Improved his gap control as the year progressed. But his problem was always about his skating. But despite all that, I've rarely seen him be bad on 1 on 1. Anyway, he's still a work in progress. Skating has improved already. So I,m sure the rest of his game will.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Well, so much for that Trudeau still needs junior time, and is going back to the Q, suggestion. Kid plays like a veteran out there. Defensive game is solid.

He’s very much making a statement on the ice that he's ready to turn pro.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Well, so much for that Trudeau still needs junior time, and is going back to the Q, suggestion. Kid plays like a veteran out there. Defensive game is solid.

He’s very much making a statement on the ice that he's ready to turn pro.
Have not followed him at all before But can say he was very solid last night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad