Prospect Info: William Trudeau, LHD, Charlottetown Islanders (QMJHL) - 4th round 113th pick overall

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
"Trudeau’s hot start helped accelerate his game even more; when the Islanders returned to play in January he was ready to fire on all cylinders. He finished the season with an impressive 31 points (eight goals, 23 assists) in 40 games and finished ninth among all QMJHL defencemen in total points. He understands his position on the ice very well, he is a quick, calm, and mobile defenceman who rarely gives up his defensive responsibilities. He plays in all situations, his mental toughness is at a level that allows him to not crack under pressure. Whether it be a close-game situation or needing a man on special teams, expect Trudeau to be on the ice.

While Trudeau’s game continues to mature, one thing to keep an eye on is his offensive capabilities. He has continued to improve over the last couple of seasons and that is not going to slow down. His passing is fluent and he uses his high hockey IQ to make offensive plays and create rushes while avoiding turnovers. He is able to get up into the action and use his plethora of skills to make a move and help get his team on the scoreboard.

All in all, Trudeau is a work in progress but has all the right tools to become a legitimate NHL defender. The Islanders are currently in the middle of a playoff run where he has two points in eight games played so far. Come next season, I would expect him to play an even more crucial role with the team as his development continues."

Hockey Writers^

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Nice pick. Like him everytime I saw him. Really intelligent player. Would indeed need to work on his skating from agility to pure speed. But a neat project. Would have prefered Savage there...but he's not an awful pick.

double5son10

Jan 20, 2011
Denver
I guess that is a prequisite to hold the Trudeau name.

Hmmm, I'm not so sure about that
1435073976-pierre-trudeau.jpg

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I like the pick, this could be an upside pick of a player who is valuable as a cheap bottom pair defenseman who can do things well at both ends of the ice.

And he will give us endless memes..

*Trudeau screws up*
"Nice hair, tho."

*Trudeau has a bad game*
'William Trudeau... he's just not ready"

sukimono

Mar 27, 2009
PQ
The name makes me throw up in my mouth a bit but after watching his interview he seems real sharp

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
Having never seen him play, I like the sound of him. He reminds me for some reason of Morgan Ellis. Hopefully he turns out more like David Savard and M Weegar.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad