Player Discussion William Nylander

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
What the f*** is with you people. Nylander has done nothing to lose the benefit of the doubt. If he’s not playing due to a medical issue, then he’s clearly unwell.
Good question! I guess all fanbases lose their minds sometimes but all this crap surrounding Nylander is a bit much.

I'm still hopeful. From what I'm reading here and there it sounds like there's a good chance Nylander is back Saturday. Matthews was maybe was a bit sick yesterday (which would explain why he seemed a bit off) so there is reason to think we might have a better version of him as well. We have to win that game and if we do, we're obviously right back in it.

Reactions: notDatsyuk

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007

According to multiple sources, William Nylander’s absence from the Toronto lineup has to do with a migraine so severe that team doctors tested to see if he suffered a concussion. One of the reasons for the secrecy around his situation is that an actual diagnosis has been hard to come by, whether it is a migraine, a concussion or something else that could affect that area.

Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009

According to multiple sources, William Nylander’s absence from the Toronto lineup has to do with a migraine so severe that team doctors tested to see if he suffered a concussion. One of the reasons for the secrecy around his situation is that an actual diagnosis has been hard to come by, whether it is a migraine, a concussion or something else that could affect that area.
Wonder if all the people here that suggested that he just 'doesn't feel like playing hockey' feel dumb today.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK

One of the first bits of actual reporting that I've seen. But it's noticable that he caveats the rumor as such. Still nothing tangibly confirmed.

But seems as if it's potentially head injury/suspected concussion

That visor story from 2022 terrifies me - he's had concussion issues in the past.

leafan11

Feb 13, 2010
I’m not buying this at all. We all saw the clips of him skating he looked stiff as hell out there and could barely shoot.

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia

One of the first bits of actual reporting that I've seen. But it's noticable that he caveats the rumor as such. Still nothing tangibly confirmed.

But seems as if it's potentially head injury/suspected concussion

Could be a nerve issue in the neck. Both Crosby and Connolly were misdiagnosed with concussions and it turned out to be a neck injury causing headaches.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Unless it IS a concussion 100%, then yes he shouldn't be playing.

But suffering from a migraine and headaches and it's not a concussion.............. That's sad.
Why is it sad that he isn't playing if he can't think straight due to a severe migraine? Would you rather him play and make constant mistakes on the ice?
I’m not buying this at all. We all saw the clips of him skating he looked stiff as hell out there and could barely shoot.
You ever had a migraine? You can't really think at all, it sucks opening your eyes etc.

leafan11

Feb 13, 2010
Why is it sad that he isn't playing if he can't think straight due to a severe migraine? Would you rather him play and make constant mistakes on the ice?

You ever had a migraine? You can't really think at all, it sucks opening your eyes etc.
Yea I’ve had a migraine before, if it was so severe it prevented me from skating and shooting a puck , I wouldn’t be out there to begin with. That’s why this doesn’t make any sense.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Yea I’ve had a migraine before, if it was so severe it prevented me from skating and shooting a puck , I wouldn’t be out there to begin with. That’s why this doesn’t make any sense.
They come and go, maybe when he was out there it had subsided a bit and he felt like he could try to skate and then it got worse again later. We really don't know anything, but that doesn't mean that the information we do have is automatically fake or suspicious.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
"According to multiple sources, William Nylander’s absence from the Toronto lineup has to do with a migraine so severe that team doctors tested to see if he suffered a concussion. One of the reasons for the secrecy around his situation is that an actual diagnosis has been hard to come by, whether it is a migraine, a concussion or something else that could affect that area."

Totally awful, and could fully have implications beyond just this series

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto

Had em before and guess what, I was required to go to my work and do my job.......... boohoo...

The Management

Jun 8, 2009
This is why it's dangerous to speculate. It could be something not even hockey related. Even young, fit, otherwise healthy people can develop serious conditions unrelated to hockey. Life is a lottery. I hope for Nylander's sake it's nothing too serious.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Had em before and guess what, I was required to go to my work and do my job.......... boohoo...
Sounds like you have a pretty shitty and inconsiderate employer.

I'm willing to bet that your job doesn't involve quite the same amount of skill, speed, attention to detail, pressure, noise etc. I'm also willing to bet that if he did play and he made a mistake that cost the team a game because he couldn't think straight you'd be one of the first people blasting him for it.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Based on reports I heard on the radio today, it sounds like he'll be back on Saturday.

We need the additional scoring depth and help on the power play.

Reactions: arso40 and sxvnert

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
I dont think the Leafs could've handled this situation any poorer than they have. Just bad leadership. Shannahan desperately needs to be fired.

Reactions: hullsy47

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad