Player Discussion William Nylander

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
What? Fans being Bias?

Or Nylander injury? We have no idea what it is.....but he is skating.....so we can assume its a muscle injury or back injury.

Concerning the fans opinions...... some hate because of the name or nationality.....just look at our overall society nowadays....Blaming minorities for taking our jobs.
I don't see any hate, people are just curious about what's wrong because of the cone of silence.
The same curiosity would exist for any top player.
Marner thread is full of idiocy, he's no where close to Swedish.

He is saying if it was any other player no one would question it.

It would just be a freak occurance that sucks.
If this happened to any top player and they weren't releasing information it would be the same IMO.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
I don't see any hate, people are just curious about what's wrong because of the cone of silence.
The same curiosity would exist for any top player.
Marner thread is full of idiocy, he's no where close to Swedish.

If this happened to any top player and they weren't releasing information it would be the same IMO.
There has been quite a few people claiming he is faking it, soft, etc.

Maybe you have them blocked

Reactions: ACC1224

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
There has been quite a few people claiming he is faking it, soft, etc.

Maybe you have them blocked
Wish I could have many blocked but this site makes that difficult.
People are dumb, look at the Marner thread. I don't think that has anything to do with where he's born.

Reactions: SwissLeaf

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
You can see him doing drills ffs. He is not "debilitated". Mario played with f***ing BACK CANCER...ffs man.

Just own it. Willy is weak.

Yes that's right. His back is so deblitated that even though he seems to be fine and can run drills without any signs of discomfort or reduction of mobility, he will magically be healed from this injury in 2 days.

That's how back work.

Yup ok.

It's almost as if NHL teams employ doctors, physical therapists and a number of other sports-medical science professionals to help them make these decisions ;)

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Like I said about game 2, fantastic if he is back for game 3, but they won't need him to win that game. Let him get more rest, if that is what is needed.

Mar 26, 2010
I've seen nothing other than posters here saying it. Not sure where they're getting their information.
That is why I am asking. I mean, how is this being leaked? Is it really his back? Could be something else completely unrelated. It would nice to have him back for game 3 though.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
I have a feeling if his name wasnt Nylander .......some fans would not have the opinions they do.

The kid hasnt missed many games in his career . Now that he has missed a few because of a apparent muscle injury ..... fans question his heart?

Let me get this straight......Nylander trains all year.....performs in past playoffs....has been a iron man over the years and now all of a sudden he is a bum.

Well you see his father was born in Sweden, so that means he's weak and doesn't have heart...or something xenophobic like that.

Reactions: Da Mash

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Wish I could have many blocked but this site makes that difficult.
People are dumb, look at the Marner thread. I don't think that has anything to do with where he's born.
I didn't take it as where he was born.

It's pretty much the people who already didn't like Nylander.

Same goes for the Marner thread. Although it seems some more have jumped on that bandwagon

Reactions: ACC1224

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Thats what some fans think .....its pathetic really

The supposed controversy with the Nylander name has nothing to do with Swedish origin. His dad Michael was reportedly a difficult player, teammate to deal with and that has always cast a shadow on whether Willie would be a good citizen or a diva. Michael was also never that prominent of a player and bounced around a bit so who even knows what’s what. And for the record Willie has always seemed to be a nice guy and a team player whatever other flaws you might point at.

Point is it has nothing to be with Swedish but just a reputational thing.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
So you choose to believe a guy who has missed zero time from injury in years suddenly doesn't want to play in the playoffs?

He is just making the whole story up?
I believe that either Keefe benched him or he's crying over a hangnail. He's more focused on making money and being healthy after hockey then he is winning a cup. Either way he should be playing right now.

It's either Willy being a puss or Keefe an idiot. Those are your two choices.

diehardleafsfan9878

Mar 9, 2015
It's not about where he was born, I don't think anyone cares where he was born (he also happens to have been born in Calgary). It has to do with who his father is. His father was just in it for the money, something Michael has publicly stated he regrets. And because of this, certain people view Willy as greedy, selfish, and just in it for himself.

diehardleafsfan9878

Mar 9, 2015
I believe that either Keefe benched him or he's crying over a hangnail. He's more focused on making money and being healthy after hockey then he is winning a cup. Either way he should be playing right now.

What is your reasoning for Willy not wanting a cup when he's been the only one of the core to show up in every playoff series?

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
The supposed controversy with the Nylander name has nothing to do with Swedish origin. His dad Michael was reportedly a difficult player, teammate to deal with and that has always cast a shadow on whether Willie would be a good citizen or a diva. Michael was also never that prominent of a player and bounced around a bit so who even knows what’s what. And for the record Willie has always seemed to be a nice guy and a team player whatever other flaws you might point at.

Point is it has nothing to be with Swedish but just a reputational thing.
People do have this weird fixation with players fathers. Think they’re just projecting.

Reactions: Bedards Dad

Goose

Apr 18, 2006

So him being legitimately injured is not even a 0.01% possibility?

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
“Back Cancer” - this immediately goes into the HOF of dumbest things said here.
Right.

It was Hodgkins and it was in his neck.

He also had a bad back in his career that he had to retire from and that he had to miss games from. Simular to Bossy.

Reactions: HamiltonNHL

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
It's almost as if NHL teams employ doctors, physical therapists and a number of other sports-medical science professionals to help them make these decisions ;)
Ya...doctors...:rolleyes:
You obviously have never had a back injury.

There is no drug to take, you are pretty debilitated and only time heals it.
Does he look debilitated to you?! lol.

Or

Wait for it.

He’s injured.

You aren’t very good at this.
He's not injured. Or should I say...not injured enough that he couldn't play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad