Player Discussion William Nylander

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
Honestly it could be a lot of things. We’re just speculating. Think about waking up with appendicitis. Or some other similar medical issue that is an emergency but not long term for healing. If he was healthy enough to play he would be. IMO

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
You obviously have never had a back injury.

There is no drug to take, you are pretty debilitated and only time heals it.
You can see him doing drills ffs. He is not "debilitated". Mario played with f***ing BACK CANCER...ffs man.

Just own it. Willy is weak.

There are some injuries you literally can't play through.

Not to mention if it's a situation of take a few days and then come back 100% healthy vs barely be able to play for a few minutes during games 1 and 2, the unemotional, rational choice is pretty clear
Yes that's right. His back is so deblitated that even though he seems to be fine and can run drills without any signs of discomfort or reduction of mobility, he will magically be healed from this injury in 2 days.

That's how back work.

Yup ok.

iu

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
You can see him doing drills ffs. He is not "debilitated". Mario played with f***ing BACK CANCER...ffs man.

Yes that's right. His back is so deblitated that even though he seems to be fine and can run drills without any signs of discomfort or reduction of mobility, he will magically be healed from this injury in 2 days.

That's how back work.

Yup ok.

iu
So you choose to believe a guy who has missed zero time from injury in years suddenly doesn't want to play in the playoffs?

He is just making the whole story up?

Budz22

Sep 18, 2018

That's how back work.

Yup ok.

iu
1713901317869.gif

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto

That's how back work.

Yup ok.

iu

"Back cancer"??? My goodness, please stop talking about things you don't understand.

As for Nylander, you think he's being held out for the fun of it? You understand how dumb it is to put on the tinfoil hat for this, right?

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
I'm guess it's groin. A pull or partial tear they are trying to heal up. You can look somewhat mobile on the ice but you can't do anything explosive and you also risk re-aggravating very easily and undoing the healing process you have been resting for.

Reactions: CenturionOne

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
It does seem a bit odd that he's on the ice without a "non contact" jersey if he's struggling with back pain or something else that could be worsened by an inadvertent hit.

Mar 26, 2010
Can anyone confirm if Willy in fact has a back/neck injury? The Leafs and Keefe have been very tight lipped about him.

Da Mash

Jul 14, 2022
I have a feeling if his name wasnt Nylander .......some fans would not have the opinions they do.

The kid hasnt missed many games in his career . Now that he has missed a few because of a apparent muscle injury ..... fans question his heart?

Let me get this straight......Nylander trains all year.....performs in past playoffs....has been a iron man over the years and now all of a sudden he is a bum.

BraveCanadian

Jun 30, 2010
You think that "back support" gets him off the hook? Gilmour was injected with steroids and pain killers every game of the 93 playoffs because you couldn't force that man to sit.

"back support" give me a break.

You either have a will to play and risk it for the team or you are too focused on making money and your health after hockey.

WINNERS choose the former. Losers choose the later.

Gilmour being injected was 94 and for his ankle if I recall correctly. If Nylander did something to his back it’s a whole other ball game.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I have a feeling if his name wasnt Nylander .......some fans would not have the opinions they do.

The kid hasnt missed many games in his career . Now that he has missed a few because of a apparent muscle injury ..... fans question his heart?

Let me get this straight......Nylander trains all year.....performs in past playoffs....has been a iron man over the years and now all of a sudden he is a bum.

Nothing about this adds up at all. It’s very weird. Obviously, the Leafs secrecy around injuries adds to the mystery.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

What does his name have to do with anything?

Da Mash

Jul 14, 2022
Nothing about this adds up at all. It’s very weird. Obviously, the Leafs secrecy around injuries adds to the mystery.
As they should

Alot of teams hide their players injuries.....

Say its his back? .....why would we want the other team to know that it is? A crosscheck could put him out again.

The team doesnt own any of us a explanation on a players injury.

The TO media runs with it and fans eat it up like its gospel.......when will they ever learn that the mediots biggest agenda is to cause a stir.....especially in TO where its always doom and gloom.

Maybe they should fly to Nylanders Dads house and ask him :)

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
Can anyone confirm if Willy in fact has a back/neck injury? The Leafs and Keefe have been very tight lipped about him.
I've seen nothing other than posters here saying it. Not sure where they're getting their information.

Da Mash

Jul 14, 2022
What does his name have to do with anything?
What? Fans being Bias?

Or Nylander injury? We have no idea what it is.....but he is skating.....so we can assume its a muscle injury or back injury.

Concerning the fans opinions...... some hate because of the name or nationality.....just look at our overall society nowadays....Blaming minorities for taking our jobs etc.

Its not a far fetched opinion

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad