Value of: William Nylander Trade Possibilities

Reeps

Jul 27, 2017
OK SO, before you freak out, just remember that Wayne Gretzky was traded...Now thats out of the way, what do you guys think it would take/what the leafs would look for IF they were shopping Nylander.

My inclination tells me, obviously, that they'd want a STUD defenseman back, and my immediate thought goes to Ekblad...

Anyways, I wanna hear what else could happen

Last edited by a moderator:

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
OK SO, before you freak out, just remember that Wayne Gretzky was traded...Now thats out of the way, what do you guys think it would take/what the leafs would look for IF they were shopping Nylander.

My inclination tells me, obviously, that they'd want a STUD defenseman back, and my immediate thought goes to Ekblad...

Anyways, I wanna hear what else could happen

yes and there was no cap hit at the moment and money exchange was allowed.

on another note, nylander is good with potential to be a low tier elite player but he's no wayne gretzky

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Gretzky was essentially sold, not traded.

Leafs are going to ask for a Jones, Wereneski Risto, Provorov, etc type. Those teams aren't likely interested in moving them, despite Nylander being as good as he is.

This is going to quickly become "here's my top 4 D man and a pick, that's equal value" while leafs respond with Nylander + pick for players that are equally unavailable.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
There's just no way that Nylander gets traded because it'll be for a Provorov, Werenski type and teams don't often have two of those types.

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO

Leafs are going to ask for a Jones, Wereneski Risto, Provorov, etc type. Those teams aren't likely interested in moving them, despite Nylander being as good as he is.

This is going to quickly become "here's my top 4 D man and a pick, that's equal value" while leafs respond with Nylander + pick for players that are equally unavailable.

One of these is not like the others..

Shad

Mar 5, 2011
Shaw, Montoya, and a 2nd

Can't imagine leafs moving him

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Doughty? Who has two years left on his contract. There is no magic having Doughty on the team. Where did the Kings finish last year (not in the playoffs)

MinimaMoralia

May 1, 2015
Why is Nylander considered more or less 'tradeable' by Leaf fans but Marner is more or less 'untouchable'?
Generally curious as an outside fan.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Why is Nylander considered more or less 'tradeable' by Leaf fans but Marner is more or less 'untouchable'?

I don't know why people even think about it. Nylander is probably the most skilled of the trio and his game is amazing. It would hurt like hell to lose him because he's going to be an absolute stud for YEARS wherever he is.

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011

I was pretty sure LA traded him :P

JohnnyO

Aug 10, 2008
Obviously anyone could be traded, but I don't see Toronto wanting to trade any one of Marner, Nylander or Matthews. I think the asking price would be more than a team would want to give up for one of them.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa

Marner vs Nylander depends on which fan you ask and if Mercury is in retrograde or not. Plus if anyone mentions Marner we get to hear about how wingers have no value and that he's a "shrimp".

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Doughty? Who has two years left on his contract. There is no magic having Doughty on the team. Where did the Kings finish last year (not in the playoffs)

Yes and where did Tampa finish last year with Hedman on the team. (Not in the playoffs).
Guess a 2nd round pick should be good enough to acquire him. No magic there.
What about OEL? Just terrible.

Stu

Nov 20, 2008
Raleigh, NC
The 2nd most untouchable player on the Leafs. Going nowhere unless we get a 1D which won't happen.

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Nylander will be our #2 centre next year,

odds are if we didnt get lucky enough to draft matthews hed be our best centre since mats sundin

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto

Actually it's quite the opposite. Although neither are "tradeable" by a large group of fans. I wouldn't trade either ATM probably ever

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Make an Auston Matthews thread next time. I mean: "Wayne Gretzky was traded".

You'll get the same answer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad