Prospect Info: William Nylander Discussion - 2015-2016 (WJC Bound)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Pissed off at this BS line. Give me a freaking break. He stays in the AHL and gets hurt would you want a "hahaha well how do you like that?"

You don't want injuries put him in a bubble.

The only person to blame is the guy who hit him. But sure, can wait until you go and blame Leaf management for not putting him in the super safe NHL to prevent Sweden from being able to take him.

This is true, but the AHL is at least the path to the NHL. The WJC from Nylander's development point of view is a weird little sideshow he doesn't benefit a whole ton from being in, even if he destroyed it and won a gold medal. A stud 19 year old prospect is going to be a target for these idiot kids, and he was.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
No such thing as "minor" or "major" concussions, just the way the person deals with it pretty much, some guys have a harder time with it.

Bell rung is a concussion though

Whiplash is different though.

If he gets hurt playing for the Marlies or the Leafs, at least he was hurt playing for our organization and in a men's league.

This tournament was a step down for him and did not benefit the Leafs at all.
Who ****ing cares where he gets hurt? How the hell does him getting hurt in the AHL help him reach his potential or the Leafs turn things around in the future. It doesn't.

It wouldn't be a damn comfort where he got hurt.

Marmoset

Apr 4, 2015
GTA
I hate this line of reasoning that you don't send Nylander to the tournament because he could get hurt. Nylander could just as easily have been hurt playing for the Marlies, in a league with plenty of "plugs" (the AHL) that could do the same thing as what happened with this hit.

Injuries can happen anywhere.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Pissed off at this BS line. Give me a freaking break. He stays in the AHL and gets hurt would you want a "hahaha well how do you like that?"

You don't want injuries put him in a bubble.

The only person to blame is the guy who hit him. But sure, can wait until you go and blame Leaf management for not putting him in the super safe NHL to prevent Sweden from being able to take him.

But he got hurt not helping the Leafs or the Marlies. Who cares about the WJC?

You don't think the Islanders and the NHL weren't completely pissed off when Tavares blew a knee at the Olympics? It's gone to the point where the NHL does not want to send it's players to the Olympics for this exact reason.

He was better served helping the Marlies win and risk getting injured there, then to get injured in a fairly meaningless tournament for his development and career.

It's definitely bad luck, but hopefully the hit is punished properly.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Who ****ing cares where he gets hurt? How the hell does him getting hurt in the AHL help him reach his potential or the Leafs turn things around in the future. It doesn't.

It wouldn't be a damn comfort where he got hurt.

You don't think the Islanders and the NHL weren't completely pissed off when Tavares blew a knee at the Olympics? It's gone to the point where the NHL does not want to send it's players to the Olympics for this exact reason.

He was better served helping the Marlies win and risk getting injured there, then to get injured in a fairly meaningless tournament for his development and career.

Pretty much.

I don't think FlareKnight understands.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I hate this line of reasoning that you don't send Nylander to the tournament because he could get hurt. Nylander could just as easily have been hurt playing for the Marlies, in a league with plenty of "plugs" (the AHL) that could do the same thing as what happened with this hit.

Injuries can happen anywhere.

If he was hurt playing for the Marlies, he'd still have been advancing his career in the AHL towards the goal of playing for the Leafs, and he'd have Leaf doctors to look after him.

If he was hurt playing for the Leafs, that's playing for the Leafs. These things happen.

But he was playing a little side tent tournament he's already done well at that has no bearing his progress towards the NHL, and he's currently not under the control of the Leaf medical staff.

Sonny21

Registerd User
Oct 3, 2009

Yup. I mean it's one thing if he was struggling and could use a boost of confidence, then I would get it. Not when his leading his league in points and overall playing great.

That's why I didn't mind at all if Kapanen went.

WilliamNylander

Papi's home
Jul 26, 2012
Leafs top priority should be getting him back to Toronto to be looked at.

Even if he passes the tests in Sweden I really hope they do their own personal evaluation. Can't take any chances with concussions.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
I feel like TMZ going over the details of a car crash, but here is a tweet breaking down the hit

but, but... idiots from the main board told me it was a perfectly "clean hit to the shoulder" that Willy "had his head down" and that it was just a "gorgeous" hit overall!

tml19

Nov 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Yup. I mean it's one thing if he was struggling and could use a boost of confidence, then I would get it. Not when his leading his league in points and overall playing great.

That's why I didn't mind at all if Kapanen went.

You have to call him up to the leafs or let him go

tml19

Nov 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario

Who cares if the Marlies win a few more games, they are already a lock for the playoffs. Going the WJHC and playing under pressure and for your country is more meaningful. We would not be having this conversation if he was Canadian I presume.

Snow Dog

Victorious
Jan 3, 2013
GTA
Who cares if the Marlies win a few more games, they are already a lock for the playoffs. Going the WJHC and playing under pressure and for your country is more meaningful. We would not be having this conversation if he was Canadian I presume.

What's being Canadian or not have to do with anything?

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Maybe not to the same level, but I expect we would. People are always about the "grass is greener on the other side" when something bad happens. He stays in the AHL and gets hurt? "Why the **** didn't they let him play some easy games for his country?" or "Good job Leafs, why couldn't you call him up earlier?"

People are upset he's hurt and will blame whatever they can in order to try and feel better. When in reality is terrible things happen. All you can ever do is cross your fingers and hope it doesn't happen to you or something you care about.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
So many disgusting people always come out of the woodwork to fetishistically defend head shots whenever this kind of garbage happens.

Sonny21

Registerd User
Oct 3, 2009
You have to call him up to the leafs or let him go

I think next time they don't want to send a prospect who's with Marlies to WJC, I think they will do that.

Some can say, they should of done that. I don't think they wanted to come across as spiteful. I believe going forward; they won't give a **** probably how they come across.

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
So many disgusting people always come out of the woodwork to fetishistically defend head shots whenever this kind of garbage happens.

Go read the thread in the WJC section or the bevy of Edmonton fans that just flooded Nylander's prospect thread. I'm disgusted right now.

Marlander93

Nov 22, 2015

While we're at it, let's also send Kadri to the Spengler.:laugh:

OvenMittz*

If anybody is keeping up with the updates on his health please post them..

They should have have a better idea of where he's at health wise soon.

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto

Well the leafs certainly didn't believe staying with the Marlies would be better, hence him being sent to the WJC. This could have easily happened if he stayed in the AHL.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel

Go read the thread in the WJC section or the bevy of Edmonton fans that just flooded Nylander's prospect thread. I'm disgusted right now.

Never underestimate the stupidity of some people on this website. Hate blinds them of objectivity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad