Player Discussion William Lagesson

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Play him next game. Think you're better than other guys? Pissed off? Fine. Nothing wrong with that. Now show it on the ice.

Think Broberg can use a night off

Nurse Bouchard
Lagesson Barrie
Niemelianen Russell

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
The thing was he wasn’t disrespected. He was told by the assistant coach pregame and took the warmup in case Nurse couldn’t go.

This is a controversy of Walsh’s own doing. He is a needle nosed prick.
Ok. That actually changes everything. I despise when players and their agents pull this kinda crap.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
2021-22
3.png
Edmonton Oilers
NHL500042|
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

he is +2, cant suck that much

Reactions: yakcity1064

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
In a 6/7D role, I'd take Russell over Lagesson and not think twice.
I get that everyone hates Laggesson because his agent is a big mouth. I’m not one to support that sort of public complaining by agents (not when Yak’s agent did it, nor Puljujarvi’s). However, is Laggesson really that bad? Like worse than Russell? I dunno, I guess I need to focus more on him to notice all his shitty plays or something. Every time I do notice him, he’s battling hard and not letting himself get stripped of the puck the way some of our other weak dmen do. I’d keep him around as insurance.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
I get that everyone hates Laggesson because his agent is a big mouth. I’m not one to support that sort of public complaining by agents (not when Yak’s agent did it, nor Puljujarvi’s). However, is Laggesson really that bad? Like worse than Russell? I dunno, I guess I need to focus more on him to notice all his shitty plays or something. Every time I do notice him, he’s battling hard and not letting himself get stripped of the puck the way some of our other weak dmen do. I’d keep him around as insurance.

I think he makes a perfect 7D. If his boots or puck skills were better he’d be a regular

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

He seemed fine yesterday albeit I missed the 1st period so not sure how he did there. Maybe I just expected a little more out of him so I'm not judging his play fairly?

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
He had a good game. Generally speaking looking at his whole body of work at the nhl level I feel he has done better than Broberg, Jones, Russell, and KK. Niemelainen is the only one to date who has played that 3rd LD role that has outplayed him noticeably.

He has been shafted in playing time while the Oilers just wanted to mess around playing 1/2 a dozen slubs in that #6 role.

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
Why are people shitting on the player when the agent should be getting the grief. Laggy is fine and will probably get better as he plays more. He's the type of defensemen who gets let go or traded for nothing and then we wish we kept him when injuries hit.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Plus minus has gone from the most overrated stat to the most underrated stat in a few short years.

People prefer to look at those oh so objective stats like corsi or fenwick or what have you instead of a very nice simple stat, are you on the ice when your team scores? Good! vs are you one the ice when you get scored against, Bad!

Since the object of the game is to score more than getting scored on, thus plus minus is a relevant stat.

I would say plus/minus is the first and most known "special stat", such as corsi, fenwick, high danger chances stat, and so on. Good for measuring in their right element, but if you pick out their stat out of their context, it gets wrong, and thats what got wrong with +/-.

But if its start to get used without looking how the player are employed, its bad.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Everyone else seems to be damning with faint praise but I’ll say he’s been a totally legit Keith replacement with only a couple errors over the past few games and solid physical presence.
Yeh no.
Lagesson is averaging 12 to 14 mins per night where Keith is averaging 20min+..

Let's just say Lagesson/Nemo/Broberg are covering for Keith/Russell/Koekkoek just fine without singling out anyone in particular

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
Yeh no.

Let's just say Lagesson/Nemo/Broberg are covering for Keith/Russell/Koekkoek just fine without singling out anyone in particular

Obviously we are running 7D and spreading the minutes around a bit but Lagesson is still getting the lions share and some of the toughest assignments alongside Ceci. He is very effective in this past stretch.

Reactions: Aerchon and Kolja

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Everyone else seems to be damning with faint praise but I’ll say he’s been a totally legit Keith replacement with only a couple errors over the past few games and solid physical presence.

Yeh no.

Both are right.

Lags makes smaller and fewer mistakes but also is not as "dynamic" for lack of a better way to describe. Lags is a much lower event player.

Whether it takes him or all 3 i think it is important to note that Keiths minutes are relatively "easy" to replace.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Wild Bill is getting more comfortable and better and better with each game. He definitely is a system type of guy, who needs a stable solid plan in place and good support around him. When that happens, he seems to have the game to compliment that, and plays within himself.

Reactions: scott57

duul

Jun 21, 2010
I still don't like this player. He is too slow and doesn't bring anything worthwhile transitioning out of our zone. I think the fact that he doesn't turn the puck over constantly is way too low of a bar for an NHL player.

He needs to be replaced.

Reactions: fresh meat

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
While Keith has had his moments, and can obviously move the puck better , I sure don't miss his 2-3 blatant giveaways each game that result great chances and/or goals.

Reactions: Aerchon

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
I still don't like this player. He is too slow and doesn't bring anything worthwhile transitioning out of our zone. I think the fact that he doesn't turn the puck over constantly is way too low of a bar for an NHL player.

He needs to be replaced.

While Keith has had his moments, and can obviously move the puck better , I sure don't miss his 2-3 blatant giveaways each game that result great chances and/or goals.

As Stoneman says.

Personally I take the low event less flashy Lags over pizza serving Keith, when you take cap hit into account. As great as it would be to have someone better than both that's unfortunately not always possible.

Reactions: scott57

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
As Stoneman says.

Personally I take the low event less flashy Lags over pizza serving Keith, when you take cap hit into account. As great as it would be to have someone better than both that's unfortunately not always possible.

Play Lagesson 20 minutes in the top 4 and see how that works out. Keith brings more to the table than his on ice contributions.

Reactions: fresh meat

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad