William Karlsson (expectations for next season)

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
What are your expectations for him next year? He came out of nowhere this year, but his shooting percentage is 23.6% at the moment.

The reason I ask is that I have him for a custom dynasty cap league where you give players contracts (the league votes if they're fair or not). I have basically no cap room, and I have to re-sign Karlsson. I signed Nikita Kucherov for four years at $8.5M per, for example. The league is a H2H points league that counts goals, assists, +/-, PIMs, game winners, shorthanded goals, faceoffs, hits and blocked shots (I think that's all).

I'm hoping that the cap goes up, but I'm not sure if it will. Since I really don't want to list my whole team, I guess I'm asking: What are your expectations for him next year?

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
As a fellow William Karlsson owner in a dynasty salary capped league, I'm curious about others' thoughts as well.

I'd be happy with him getting a contract for 5-7 years at 7-9 mil AAV similar to Nashville's Ryan Johansen (8 x8), and hope to see him consistently be better than 30G-30A-60P a year.

I don't believe his shooting percentage is sustainable. I believe Vegas regresses slightly moving forward. I don't think Karlsson is a PPG player, and assume he puts up somewhere closer to 0.8-0.9 ppg (65-75 pts) moving forward after this emotional inaugural season and contract year winds down. I'd love to be completely wrong, but I feel this could be his career high.

No, I don't have fancy analytics, or an inside source to substantiate any of the former paragraph - it's all a gut feeling from having watched a dozen Vegas games, reading up on hockey news, chatter, rumours and watching league trends over recent years.

Last edited:

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
As a fellow William Karlsson owner in a dynasty salary capped league, I'm curious about others' thoughts as well.

I'd be happy with him getting a contract for 5-7 years at 7-9 mil AAV similar to Nashville's Ryan Johansen (8 x8), and hope to see him consistently be better than 30G-30A-60P a year.

I don't believe his shooting percentage is sustainable. I believe Vegas regresses slightly moving forward. I don't think Karlsson is a PPG player, and assume he puts up somewhere closer to 0.8-0.9 ppg (65-75 pts) moving forward after this emotional inaugural season and contract year winds down. I'd love to be completely wrong, but I feel this could be his career high.

No, I don't have fancy analytics, or an inside source to substantiate any of the former paragraph - it's all a gut feeling from having watched a dozen Vegas games, reading up on hockey news, chatter, rumours and watching league trends over recent years.

Yeah, his shooting percentage definitely isn't sustainable. I don't think his next real life contract will be as big as you think.

MasterMatt25

Nov 19, 2014
Montreal
I can see him getting 30mill for 5/6years. Realistically I don't think he'll match this season's point totals, but I'll happily be proven wrong. I can see him constantly getting 25goals/50 points a year

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I can see anywhere from 5 - 6.5 million per year.

Points wise, I see him around 55 points next season. I expect Vegas regression and his SH% to come back down to reality -- 20-25 goals and roughly the same number of assists.

klassic

Jul 30, 2014
23.3 SH% is highly unsustainable. If he shot at his career average this year he would have had 26 goals vs 43. He had ~80 more SOG than his career high. I expect the shots to stay high simply because of the make up of Vegas. He is in a better role with more TOI thus more SOG. But a regression is in order. I would not expect 40 goals again. Probably in the 23-28 range. Vegas will likely regress a bit as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad