Will you watch/buy Penguins products?

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
I'm pretty pissed about how the last three season went down.

I was also pissed about the lockouts... yet here I am.

CorpseLW

Jan 7, 2009
Western PA
It was good to see Shero fired, so I'm waiting to see Dan fired, Letang traded, and a good draft, better scouting, better young forwards and the young defenders coming up, etc. When all this comes about, I feel I can enjoy the Penguins again after 3 years of disappointment.

Shero and Bylsma dug this organization a nice big hole and we can only hope that the right people come in to fix the problems before every player is desperate to leave.
If Jussi Jokinen were playing for my other teams, I might have bought his shirt last year.

Penguins disgusted me too much for years to buy their stuff though.

Vegeta

God Dammit Nappa
May 2, 2009
Capsule Corp.
I was buying Pens products when Rico Fata was arguably our best forward aside from Mario, and it looked like we'd become the Hamilton Penguins. A few years of playoff disaster isn't going to deter me from supporting the Pens.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
For me, this isn't the Pirates where they pocket their money and put one of the worst lineups on the field year in and year out with one of the lowest payrolls.

They spend to the cap most years these days. They needed change because the team was straying away from their identity forged through mostly players of the previous managements tenure. Once those started to fade away from the UFA process the tenure of Shero hasn't replaced those with the right assets/parts. Shero gets a little repreive from me with the huge addition of injuries to it's best players that has wiped out half of their chances since the cup, but the drafting and sometimes sitting on his hands at the deadline, being too safe, and not taking enough chances are what has me wanting him gone.

When you have the best two players in the world every single season should be seen as a go for it all with no holding back. Those cost were not any cheaper the year they got Iginla, Morrow, Jokinen, and Murray from the season before he did nothing while they had a hudge need for defense help.

I'll be fine if the new GM feels DB is his best coaching option moving into next season.

And...yes, I will be watching them and buying products as long as my family needs don't get in the way.

If you choose to leave, not watch the games while they're making changes, all the power to you.

See ya.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Need more options

If there's a new head coach, 100% yes.
If it's Dan Bylsma, 100% no.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Look, Do I want HCDB back, nope, but the pens try. They have serious talent and they spend to the cap. I will absolutely support them until the day they become like the Pirates... giving subpar effort for maximum profits. I also have faith they will get rid of DB.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad